Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis Read End Package??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotchkis Read End Package??

Is the hotchkis rear end package any good. It inlcudes a panhard rod, trailing arms, and a hardware kit..
I am really lookin for better traction on the street. Will i launch better or just handle turns better. What about a torque arm??

Thanx Steve
Old 03-03-2004, 10:52 PM
On The Tree

I'm considering the same package....I'd also like to hear some reviews...
Old 03-04-2004, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Anybody Out There????
Old 03-04-2004, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will let you all know soon. I'm picking up my car later today or tomorrow. I got Hotchkis everything. aphr, sfc's, lca's, swaybars. Also a Spohn torque arm, Granatelli springs and Koni SA's going on. Already have a Hotchkis stb. They make the best stuff imo. Very beefy parts. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
I will let you all know soon. I'm picking up my car later today or tomorrow. I got Hotchkis everything. aphr, sfc's, lca's, swaybars. Also a Spohn torque arm, Granatelli springs and Koni SA's going on. Already have a Hotchkis stb. They make the best stuff imo. Very beefy parts. You get what you pay for.

Infantry huh bub? How long ya been in? Liking Bragg? I was a squid in Va Bch. Been to Bragg a few times.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

So how did she launch???
Old 03-09-2004, 04:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, I was supposed to have my car back on Friday but I also had a T-56 conversion done, and my pcm fried when the tuner tried to reflash it for the M6. Hopefully I'll have the car in the next couple of days. I'll let yall know how it rides.
Old 03-10-2004, 12:11 AM
On The Tree

ok cool
Old 03-10-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've used this package myself and have probably installed at least 30-40 in the last couple of years. The installation isn't bad at all. 6 bolts will take care of everything. The componients that it replaces are made from stamped steel (looks like a U). This tends to flex during a hard launch. Hotchis uses boxed tubing for the control arms and the panhard rod is adjustable which comes in handy for lowered cars. These parts are much stronger than stock and they also come with polyurethane bushing.

A torque arm is also a good upgrade when your trying to get your car to hook. Random Technology has an adjustable PHR that will help plant the tires much better.

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - tbyrne@tbyrne.com

Price Match Plus policy
Old 03-11-2004, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I loved all the Hotchkis stuff on my old SS.. top quality parts and great after purchase support.. in the end my car had zero wheel hop and performed very well..
Old 03-12-2004, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onefast99ss
Is the hotchkis rear end package any good. It inlcudes a panhard rod, trailing arms, and a hardware kit..
I am really lookin for better traction on the street. Will i launch better or just handle turns better. What about a torque arm??

Thanx Steve
WELL, I think Hotchkis is awesome, and I know NO ONE who works there.
My times at Willow Springs big track were consistent 1:41's, then threw in Hotchkis panhard, LCA's, IN ADDITION to BMR relocation brackets and 315 rubber in the rear, and went to consistent 1:36's at WSIR -- even had a couple high 1:35's. SWEET bang for the buck. IF your car is lowered, you MUST get relocation brackets (weld in are best) -- that lowers your angle of attack, so your inside wheel will not be spinning coming outof corners.
Good Luck
Old 03-12-2004, 11:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Well, I picked up my car and drove it for a couple of hours. All I can say is holy shi*. Never dreamed it would handle this good. It's like a go cart, but it's not too harsh on the bumps. Did a couple of launches with my new M6 and 12 bolt conversion and had no wheelhop at all. I researched for 2 1/2 years before I decided on my suspension combo and it was the perfect setup. I guess Hotchkis parts are a little heavier than other brands (and more $), but they are so beefy I don't think I will ever worry about the parts breaking. Highly recommend the Spohn chromoloy torque arm as well.
Old 03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Launching!

I had the Hotchkis LCA's and Panhard on my ride. They cured the acceleration hop I was having.

When I started autocrossing the car, I found the LCA's were not the best thing for corners. The poly bushings bind.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Launching!

id look at lg motorsports i think they have the best suspention products
Old 03-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SSixspeed
I had the Hotchkis LCA's and Panhard on my ride. They cured the acceleration hop I was having.

When I started autocrossing the car, I found the LCA's were not the best thing for corners. The poly bushings bind.
Just curious, How did you know your poly bushings were binding in your LCA's, ie. what were the symptoms?