Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anybody use this torque arm bushing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anybody use this torque arm bushing?

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com...?prod=3%2E1111

price seems too good to be true. just wondering if anyone has used this brand before and what to expect from it.
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have one in my car with a bmr torque arm. didnt really notice a difference, not that i was expecting one.
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just ordered the transmission mount on Tuesday it'll be here tomorrow.$26.99 for the poly instead of $107.00 for the OEM. Very prompt service if you order via phone. The website is a independent retailer of Energy Suspension products. But I use a OEM torque arm mount they are only $35.00 from the dealer.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I used the split apart design that is for the stock bracket. That bushing is more for if you were using a relo bracket, as in that's the kind of bushings the relo brackets are designed to use. It may work on a stock bracket but I'm not positive. The split version bushing worked fine, with a slight increase in road noise and vibration being transmitted.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is for use with a factory torque arm and can be used in either the factory bracket or our torque arm relocation crossmembers when you use the provided aluminum spacing plate so the bushing won't move. I would not advise anyone use this in the factory mount if you have increased power and race. You may want your bushing to break before it takes our the tailshaft. With this being a stonger bushing, you're going to transfer more force through the tailshaft.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
This is for use with a factory torque arm and can be used in either the factory bracket or our torque arm relocation crossmembers when you use the provided aluminum spacing plate so the bushing won't move. I would not advise anyone use this in the factory mount if you have increased power and race. You may want your bushing to break before it takes our the tailshaft. With this being a stonger bushing, you're going to transfer more force through the tailshaft.
- Kevin
thanks for the info. i might just go ahead and get the factory rubber mount then.
does anyone know where to find it? every autoparts store only carries the energy suspension bushing and i know the dealer is going to be too high!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6outlaw
thanks for the info. i might just go ahead and get the factory rubber mount then.
does anyone know where to find it? every autoparts store only carries the energy suspension bushing and i know the dealer is going to be too high!
Haha, sorry if I scared you away from the bushing. I don't want you to think that installing it will break your car, totally not the case. It will, however, increase the stress on the tailshaft, which is not a terribly great idea. People run these and out stronger torque arm on the tailshaft all the time without an issue. I just wanted you to realize the possibility.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used prothane TA bushing and tranny mount. Had 2 ES tranny ones. 1st failed and after 2nd I decided the ride was way too harsh.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Haha, sorry if I scared you away from the bushing. I don't want you to think that installing it will break your car, totally not the case. It will, however, increase the stress on the tailshaft, which is not a terribly great idea. People run these and out stronger torque arm on the tailshaft all the time without an issue. I just wanted you to realize the possibility.
it's not that. i've heard of stock torque arms putting stress on the tailshaft. i just figure i can buy a whole lot of stock bushings for less than i can replace a transmission case. and honestly im not going to be dragging the car hard or anything but i do like to get on it hard when going down the road.

mine stock rubber one is thrashed and i doubt it's ever been replaced and i have the tq arm bumping hard when i take off. i just need to get something in there. i just can't even find a rubber bushing.

schnell-do you think it would be that bad of a vibration with stock motor mounts and stock transmission mount?
Old 01-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think you will notice much of anything with stock tranny and engine mounts while using poly TA mount.

I will say with my pol prothane mount I get some vibration but nothing like I had from the ES one.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

LS1Tech 10 Year

I run those in both my third and fourth gen, for some reason it was a pita to install in the fourth gen.As stated above if you have stock/rubber motor and trans mounts, I wouldn't expect any harsher of a ride.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

well i ordered one. i'll let y'all know how it installs

Quick Reply: anybody use this torque arm bushing?