Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Founder Performance

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just ordered founders subframe connectors, lca's, and lca relication brackets... Changed my mind when I could get all that for less than a UMI 3 point sfc.... All those parts 249 to my door. Can't beat that. I will buy from them again at those prices.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

God I love their prices!

I'm still on the fence for the LCA Relocation Brackets. I've asked about them, and I've always heard it's more for drag / lowered vehicles. Any truth to this? Can a street car at stock ride benefit? Or if I go the Bilstein / Strano route, I guess I might as well get them, for future use?
Old 03-17-2012, 03:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I saw no difference in cornering with/without the relo brackets. I also don't drive like an idiot around corners though. My LCAs were level or pointing up in the rear so they were a must for my car.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by UnVMySS
But it will just be noisy? How noisy?
I have their rotojoint LCA's and they make no noise (knock on wood). They only increased ride harshness a bit, but it seems to be much less noticeable in warmer weather.

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro
Just to throw this in i want to buy a set of LCA/'s and was wondering what would be the best combination for my car which is a daily driver and sees the track almost everyother weekend?
Keep the stock LCA and put in some 1LE solid bushings:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=19&ModelID=8

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
God I love their prices!

I'm still on the fence for the LCA Relocation Brackets. I've asked about them, and I've always heard it's more for drag / lowered vehicles. Any truth to this? Can a street car at stock ride benefit? Or if I go the Bilstein / Strano route, I guess I might as well get them, for future use?
If you just drive around normal on the street you won't notice them, but they do hurt handling if you want to be competitive. Seriously if your car doesn't wheel hop then just save your money.
Old 03-17-2012, 08:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God I love their prices!

LCARB's change forward traction for the better, even at stock ride height. The only change they make handling-wise is a tiny amount of roll over steer, which in the case of a car with mild understeer can tend to balance it.

My own personal experience with poly bushings in an oval track application has been no binding with properly lubed and not-overtorqued bushings.

ramey
Old 03-18-2012, 12:45 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Ramey, thanks for posting. And to tell the TRUTH, I will be getting ya'lls torque arm relocation kit.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have strut tower brace, lca, lcard, phb.. good products, idk how they would last with like a 800 hp drag car but great for a street car
Old 03-18-2012, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I have their STB and PHR, and say their quality is excellent. I do have both UMI and BMR prdoucts also, and have no complaints with those either.

Needless to say if foundersperformance makes a TA, or if UMI or BMR, etc have a sale thats when I'll order one
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

I have almost all there parts. If they make a TA I'd buy it asap.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Originally Posted by ls1wallen
I have almost all there parts. If they make a TA I'd buy it asap.

When I called last week to discuss some ideas / options they told me the TA was DONE; Just doing final testing.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Launching!

When I called last week to discuss some ideas / options they told me the TA was DONE; Just doing final testing.
I just ordered their LCA's and panhard bar td and asked about the torque arm... They said they were in the final stages of making it and need to do some testing and it would be avalible in the next 2-3 months :/ i dont mind waiting for it im sure the price will be worththe wait
Old 03-22-2012, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

Just got the SFC's, LCA's, and LCARLB's and wow these things are stout! Awesome products at ******* awesome prices!!! I will buy their torque arm once it is released.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a set of their rear LCA's. Install was easy and they cured my wheel hop.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 PM
12 Second Club

Good stuff
Old 03-26-2012, 10:45 PM

From reading all these reviews I must say I am impressed. I just ordered myself a set of rear LCA's and PHB from founders
Old 03-27-2012, 12:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1WS6dreamer
I have a set of their rear LCA's. Install was easy and they cured my wheel hop.
Non-Adjustable or Adjustable?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro
I just ordered their LCA's and panhard bar td and asked about the torque arm... They said they were in the final stages of making it and need to do some testing and it would be avalible in the next 2-3 months :/ i dont mind waiting for it im sure the price will be worththe wait
Did they mention whether it's adjustable or not?
Old 04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Teching In

I Just received the lca/phb non adj package with lcarb's. Does anyone have pics on how these install? As the name suggests I'm a noob, and they didn't come with instructions. I'm looking at the lcarb's and I don't know which way is up or which side they go on. All the hardware came in 1 big bag for all the parts so I won't know if I'm missing anything till I stall them. As for the parts themselves, they are LEGIT! I understand what some people mean by the stickers lol they can be peeled off. I'm excited to install these but I doubt it'll be quick for me to do like other people have done it.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by JasonLS1noob
I Just received the lca/phb non adj package with lcarb's. Does anyone have pics on how these install? As the name suggests I'm a noob, and they didn't come with instructions. I'm looking at the lcarb's and I don't know which way is up or which side they go on. All the hardware came in 1 big bag for all the parts so I won't know if I'm missing anything till I stall them. As for the parts themselves, they are LEGIT! I understand what some people mean by the stickers lol they can be peeled off. I'm excited to install these but I doubt it'll be quick for me to do like other people have done it.

Here is a link to ours. It has install pics.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...roducts_id=117

Ramey
Old 04-03-2012, 07:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

the 4 long bolts are for the relocation brackets, the shorter bolts are for the LCA if you purchased the bolt kit. Your PHB just reuse the factory hardware.

Quick Reply: Founder Performance