Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best and strongest subframe connectors ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the cost to have these welded in somewhere?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Default SLP Boxed SFC Weld in

I have SLP 3 point SFC boxed and welded installed. Made a huge difference when it comes to Creaks, rattles and rolls! Only drawback was bottom scraping considering the car is lowered but I rather have the SFC take the punishment then my exhaust or the body. Add DA Konis in front SA Konis rear. Ground Control in front, Double adj. UMI off Trans mount Torque Arm, UMI Panhard bar and lca's in the rear. Ohh and Strano Sway bars. Car handles like a race car on the street. Almost as good as the Vette... Just need to lose another 400 lbs!
Old 07-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The MWC true subframe connectors are above the rocker at the front, and taper slightly under the rocker at where it welds to the rear frame rail. Most exhaust systems and some aftermarket torque arms are usually lower than the connector at the rear. We have never had anyone complain about ground clearance with our setup.

The MWC true subframe connectors are a great value at 160.00 shipped!
Older thread but maybe we can get some info,

Do you recommend these for a convertible as well or is there a different part # I should be looking at ?
Thanks
Old 07-05-2012, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The MWC true subframe connector works fine on convertible cars as well, and can even add a few more attachment points.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssvert99
The MWC true subframe connector works fine on convertible cars as well, and can even add a few more attachment points.
Perfect, thanks
Old 07-10-2012, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by +badss+
i went with umi's 3 point sfc's weld in off course.
Perhaps you should grind them, get them back *on course*, and re-weld...of course!
Old 01-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Default Sub Frame Debate

After hours of study and reading the forum I have decided to add sub frame connectors to my 99 TA vert. So I am asking for help in deciding which to purchase.

I am looking for improvement in handling. Most of my driving is in the twisties. I am not looking to road race. I will follow up with tires first and entry level upgraded shocks and be done.

To make it simple I have mostly narrowed down to BMI or Mid West Chassis.

I like that the BMI bolt in because it seems that would allow me to get everything where is needs to be before welding.

MWC seems to have a good product and makes a compelling case.

The difference in cost is not really a factor.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by TennesseeTA
After hours of study and reading the forum I have decided to add sub frame connectors to my 99 TA vert. So I am asking for help in deciding which to purchase.

I am looking for improvement in handling. Most of my driving is in the twisties. I am not looking to road race. I will follow up with tires first and entry level upgraded shocks and be done.

To make it simple I have mostly narrowed down to BMI or Mid West Chassis.

I like that the BMI bolt in because it seems that would allow me to get everything where is needs to be before welding.

MWC seems to have a good product and makes a compelling case.

The difference in cost is not really a factor.
I can only comment on our own product but our SFC fit as tight to the underside of the body as you can get giving no issues with anything hanging to low and as SSVERT mentioned they are a true SFC connector and do the job they are intended to do..

If you have any more questions feel free to ask..
Old 01-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
I can only comment on our own product but our SFC fit as tight to the underside of the body as you can get giving no issues with anything hanging to low and as SSVERT mentioned they are a true SFC connector and do the job they are intended to do..

If you have any more questions feel free to ask..
Thank you I guess I was looking for a little bit more impartial input. The website is hard to get cost.

I keep seeing "true" sub frame connectors in reference to the MWC and not to be fooled by others that mount to the LCA mount. That is of course the other main choice.

So I am looking for non-biased opinion on the difference.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can tell you that the Spohn SFC's fit completely out of sight and weld in nice and clean. I don't have any experience with any of the others.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you mean BMR or UMI? If you're interested in our product, let me know and I'd be glad to help. As long as you're supporting a US made vendor in your decision!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by TennesseeTA
Thank you I guess I was looking for a little bit more impartial input. The website is hard to get cost.

I keep seeing "true" sub frame connectors in reference to the MWC and not to be fooled by others that mount to the LCA mount. That is of course the other main choice.

So I am looking for non-biased opinion on the difference.
There is no bias... we are simply stating the facts. The MWC connector actually connects the front and rear subframes together. I will post some cut away pics for all to see soon.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Being as you are looking for input on a handling oriented setup, lateral triangulation is very beneficial ro keeping chassis flex to a minimum. Also, since the whole "lca mount vs true subframe" deal seems to be coming up more and more lately, we decided, why not both? These are available through us as either a bolt on or weld on. When used with chassis brace or driveshaft loop to span the tunnel, it ties both sides together for a really solid setup. However, these will not work with a convertible due to the added floor bracing. Just something to consider

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-27-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

I have BMR boxed on my car, have for about 7 years. They seem to quiet the creaks and rattles of the car over rough roads and have never had any quarter panel issues from hard launches. I've had the pleasure of install Midwest pieces on a vert and the owner was pleased with them as well. If I had to do it over again, it would be a tough choice. I have supported my entire car by just the sub frames too many times to count so I know they are strong.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 118 Posts

from post #47
'I am looking for improvement in handling. Most of my driving is in the twisties. I am not looking to road race. I will follow up with tires first and entry level upgraded shocks and be done.'

what do you consider entry level upgraded shocks ?
Old 01-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I have a question for the midwest chassis guys. Why are your sfc's listed as race/offroad use on the bottom of the page on your website? Why aren't they recommended for highway use?
Old 01-29-2015, 09:01 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

That is simply a disclaimer for all performance parts. There should be no issues with running our true subframe connectors on a street driven car.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by irocz1228
Hey I have a question for the midwest chassis guys. Why are your sfc's listed as race/offroad use on the bottom of the page on your website? Why aren't they recommended for highway use?
In this day and age, better get used to seeing legal disclaimers on EVERYTHING. There are way to many sue happy idiots running rampant. And, that's exactly what the disclaimers are for....the idiots!
Old 01-29-2015, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Extremely old pictures but our SFC haven't changed much in years.. That is because they simply work as you can see from Erics personal ride at the time, the same vehicle he developed almost all of our product with and tested himself..

Last edited by MidwestChassis2; 02-02-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:47 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Let's be honest. To the sponsors claiming they have 6,7,8,9,10 second cars running their subframe connectors, those cars are also running cages, especially the faster cars, so at that point the under car SFC's just become added weight when you have a 25.x cert cage in the car.

Quick Reply: Best and strongest subframe connectors ?