Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Spings Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Azar_Hawke
It's the angle. I also have slightly larger rear wheels.
^^^ nice ride... Back is a little lower than front. Gap wise... I would still like this better than my current setup(stock) lol!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 137 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshuaGrooms83
Got Vogtlands myself. same ride height as stranos but spring rate is a bit softer. got them paired with Koni SA's.
That's not true, entirely. The front rate is softer, the rear rate is much stiffer (and the rear is what is most responsible for ride quality... think about a pickup truck).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

sorry, its been a while since i looked into it. I remember somthing was softer lol
i wouldnt say entily truck like lol its definitly stiffer then the stock springs for sure. but thats what lowering springs do.
i havnt ridden on strano springs so i dont know the difference in feel, but how i have my Koni shocks, they are just fine for me.
For me 3 click from full soft on fronts and full soft on rears on my Koni SA's feel and handle great. my teeth dont get rattled out on the cobble stone roads here in germany and i still get "some" squat when i accelerat and "some" weight shift when heavy braking into curves is applied to help get tight around corners.
By chance, have you tested voglands and konis combos on tracks Sam? if so whats your experience with it on the track? not callign you out or anything, I just know you have one of the greatest knowledge base around when it comes to this subject and was wondering if you had tested this setup?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Yes, I've run them in comparison. If I thought that's what I wanted I'd have not bothered having mine made. I wanted more front rate, less rear rate. I wanted a more positive front end with less roll and drive, I wanted a slightly more compliant rear to ride bumps and put power down better.

I played with more rates with spring and spring rates on coil-overs than you can shake a stick at.

Just fine is an assumption because you haven't done that testing. I'm glad you like what you have. But what you have between those spring and those bars is something WAY stiffer in the rear than I wanted. Conversely that's likely why I could make use of the damping adjustment in the rear on my Koni's (which were not full soft) and you can't.

In short what I'm saying is I've tried 1" rear bars, I've tried higher rate rear springs, I don't like either--and that's with a higher rate front spring, which you don't have.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:19 PM
TECH Addict

ok, just wondering. And are you still mad at me for getting the BMR sway bars lol
its all good though. great learning from you through out the years here. if i were to get into more competion type auto cross or road racing, id probably look more into your adjustable sways and springs.
I guess im looking more for staight line high speed stability with long sweeping curves.
I know on the autobahns here in germany my stiff and tight suspention keeps me glued to the road doing 130+ mph without any issue. but those are some really smooth roads lol
Old 07-18-2012, 01:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Mad? No, but I find it odd you are asking me what I think when you clearly went a different way two out of 3 times.

The fact of the matter is you can see my results, and see me drive the car with what I've done, there is not guessing. I'm not sure how else I can prove things, and honestly I'm confused as to why I have to when those other brands can offer no such proof.

I'm not mad at you, I'm just confused.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to go to Germany
Old 07-18-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^LOL^^^^^ way to change the subject lol
but back to the OPs original posting yes stranos will give you 1.25" drop you are looking for.
for handling, Stranos are what the factory should have put on from the start along with Konis. They should be the first place to look when swaping stick components.
if you are looking for stance and look only, strano, BMR, and Vogtlands will give you the look your looking for without slaming your car to the ground grinding every pothole imaginable.
as for me and sam, we have this intresting love hate relationship lol
he hates my decisions and i love to give him money lol it works out for both of us you know i kid sam, your still the greatest suspention sponsor ive ever dealt with. will always refer him before anyone else when anyone asks me what suspention to go with.

Quick Reply: Strano Spings Question