Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension adjusts for a balanced wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question suspension adjusts for a balanced wheelie?

what adjust should i do to suspension in order to get a balance wheelie? car is currently loading to passenger's side when wheeling.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

What kind of rear anti-roll bar do you have on the car? Also when it is launching is the car wanting to pick the front driver's side wheel first?

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-26-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
What kind of rear anti-roll bar do you have on the car? Also when it is launching is the car wanting to pick the front driver's side wheel first?
it doesn't have anti-roll bar yet, and it is picking the driver's side wheel first... what should i do?
Old 09-26-2012, 04:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bugy
it doesn't have anti-roll bar yet, and it is picking the driver's side wheel first... what should i do?
That's what we have our adjustable rear anti-roll bar for. It allows you to set preload in the tension of the roll bar so when the vehicle transfers weight, you can dial it in to come back straight as an arrow. The downside is that you will impact the road manors of the vehicles. So if you can make the trade off of decreased road manors versus track benefit, the extreme anti-roll bar might be for you.

Another option is to get some adjustable shocks to limit the extension on the front shocks and find-tune weight transfer per corner...pretty neat too. Both options together are a killer setup, but you'll just have to figure out if you want to do both, or attack the problem you have now. Either should help your ET and launch.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
That's what we have our adjustable rear anti-roll bar for. It allows you to set preload in the tension of the roll bar so when the vehicle transfers weight, you can dial it in to come back straight as an arrow. The downside is that you will impact the road manors of the vehicles. So if you can make the trade off of decreased road manors versus track benefit, the extreme anti-roll bar might be for you.

Another option is to get some adjustable shocks to limit the extension on the front shocks and find-tune weight transfer per corner...pretty neat too. Both options together are a killer setup, but you'll just have to figure out if you want to do both, or attack the problem you have now. Either should help your ET and launch.

- Kevin
ok, i got adjustable shocks on rear but not on front ones, so should i get the front adjustable ones too? so what about the landing when car hits ground, are these stuff gonna help too?
Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

ok, i got adjustable shocks on rear but not on front ones, so should i get the front adjustable ones too? so what about the landing when car hits ground, are these stuff gonna help too?
Having adjustable shocks up front is more important when it comes to controlling weight transfer - if you ask me. When the front comes up, you can set the shocks to command either corner on how it will unload. Double adjustables are ideal up front. You can set the front left shock to unload slower than the front right, allowing an even launch on the nose. Then, you can make their compression stiff so that weight that was sent to the back of the car will stay there longer. With a stiff compression, you'll also find the car will come down easier on the front...but are you wheel-standing or just lifting the tires are foot or less off the ground?

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Having adjustable shocks up front is more important when it comes to controlling weight transfer - if you ask me. When the front comes up, you can set the shocks to command either corner on how it will unload. Double adjustables are ideal up front. You can set the front left shock to unload slower than the front right, allowing an even launch on the nose. Then, you can make their compression stiff so that weight that was sent to the back of the car will stay there longer. With a stiff compression, you'll also find the car will come down easier on the front...but are you wheel-standing or just lifting the tires are foot or less off the ground?

- Kevin
it is completely wheel standing for some meters, i think im going for the anti-roll bar and front adjustable shocks too, i want it wheelie still but in a balanced way.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:56 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

it is completely wheel standing for some meters, i think im going for the anti-roll bar and front adjustable shocks too, i want it wheelie still but in a balanced way.
That would be definitely where I would start off at. The anti-roll bar will allow the car to leave nice and even and a good quality set of adjustable shocks will allow you to play with the settings and determine how the car transfers weight. We have a real nice bolt-in anti-roll bar and we can also get you set up with the shocks if you are interested.

Kyle
Attached Thumbnails suspension adjusts for a balanced wheelie?-xsb001r.jpg  

Old 10-02-2012, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=BMR Sales2;16771609]That would be definitely where I would start off at. The anti-roll bar will allow the car to leave nice and even and a good quality set of adjustable shocks will allow you to play with the settings and determine how the car transfers weight. We have a real nice bolt-in anti-roll bar and we can also get you set up with the shocks if you are interested.

Kyle

this is a camaro third gen, where could i get this stuff, could i make an order, do you have any shipping service, where are you located?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Give us a call here at the shop and talk to Kevin. He will be able to get you set up with everything you are looking for. We have a few different shipping options and we are located right outside Tamps, Fl.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:31 AM
11 Second Club

What about puttin an air bag in the right rear coil?
Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by its turbo time
What about puttin an air bag in the right rear coil?
Nobody uses them on the f-bodies because they are more of band aid than a real fix. Running a good quality anti-roll bar is a much better option than an air bag will lead to better launches and more consistent launches.

Quick Reply: suspension adjusts for a balanced wheelie?