Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

stainless steel lines and pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stainless steel lines and pads

hey guys,

im getting new pads for the first time. any advice? something nicer than stock, but doesnt kill me in price. best bang-for-your-buck if you will. also, should i go ahead and do the stainless steel lines? anything else that would improve performance while in in there?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I've suggested StopTech pads to many forum members and they've all been pleased. I consider them to be the best street pad available from my experience with a variety of popular alternatives. They aren't very expensive either.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

any sponsors?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
I've suggested StopTech pads to many forum members and they've all been pleased. I consider them to be the best street pad available from my experience with a variety of popular alternatives. They aren't very expensive either.

- Kevin
Hmmm, how do they compare to the popular Hawk HP+?
Old 10-13-2012, 06:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
If my memory serves me right, when I did a search on brake pads just the other day, Kevin's post about them on his gto made me consider trying them on my next purchase. I believe he said he liked them alot better than the hawk's. I hope to order them next week. The fact that he works for BMR on here and only had good things to say, sold me on them. That's just my opinion, for what I put on my Hawk. I still have the original pads at 65,000 miles but want something better, that has a good price and seems to be better than stock.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

any advice on the SS lines?
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

they are nice.........and pretty
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jdoostil
any advice on the SS lines?
Originally Posted by sjsingle1
they are nice.........and pretty
lol any input on them performance-wise?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 242 Likes on 198 Posts

they do the job.........dont have any other complements or complaints about them......had mine for about 2 yrs now
Old 10-15-2012, 03:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
Well, some people would disagree with my opinion. I road race and autoX my GTO. In racing terms, it's a considerably heavier car than the T-top F-bodies, but they do have a larger rotor surface, so they displace thermal energy a little better. ANYWAY, I ran the Hawk HPS and didn't like them at all. They were certainly an improvement over the stock pads, but as a "performance pad" I had them fade far too fast for my taste. I soon went to the famed HP+ "race pads". They were certainly an improvement over the HPS, but they ended up being noisy and dusty so I had to bail on those for daily use. I ended up with StopTech pads with PowerSlot rotors. Not a cheap setup...but not an expensive setup and only quality parts. For my race setup I have different rotors and pads - Hawk DTC-70s.

But, just for fun I took the GTO around Gainesville for a bunch of laps and the StopTechs NEVER faded...blew my mind. That course is overly tight and HARD on brakes. Took it out to our local autoX and they never faded. Took the car up to 130 to 30mph three times in a row and they didn't show a sign of fade...Needless to say I've been sold on their pads ever since.

This all started when I was working for the magazines and interviewed an engineer over at StopTech who claimed their pads would resist fad up to 1,500-degrees. I had to see if it was true. I would love to get a thermometer and see how hot they were getting. From this point forward its the only pad I recommend to anyone for street use because they work, and they work better than the popular alternative by a long shot in my personal testing.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: stainless steel lines and pads