Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help picking shock/spring kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help picking shock/spring kit

Is there any kit anyone recommends for a dd no track car? Plus my car has 18 by 9.5s all around (stock decarbon shocks and springs) and it looks as it is going off roading lol, does anyone have pics of a 1.2 drop or anything close.

I was looking at the bilstein/slp kit and it seems like a great price for the kit.
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...ering-package/
Old 10-14-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Give Sam a call at Strano performance. I just installed his springs with Koni adjustable yellows today. Unbelievable difference. Sam is a wealth of knowledge and will set you up within your budget. I couldn't be happier.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

By the way the Strano springs and koni's offer a firm but not harsh ride and it feels very controlled. No experience with other shocks other then stock but the difference is night and day.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by dws6
Give Sam a call at Strano performance. I just installed his springs with Koni adjustable yellows today. Unbelievable difference. Sam is a wealth of knowledge and will set you up within your budget. I couldn't be happier.
K thanks will do =)!
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have Strano Springs and Bilstein Shocks, handles excellently, I would DEFINITELY recommend Stano Springs and Bilsteins but if you have the extra cash go with the Koni's.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have ran the SLP bilsteins before and they are the perfect "budget shock" for any application IMO. However, now that funds have allowed me to upgrade I now run my BMR springs with Koni SA on all four corners. Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

Starting with the springs... This might help: https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...ring-kits.html

Of course there are all the little details about how my springs came to be (frustrated by the half-assed crap that was out there, and felt I could do better. Rates and heights based off my old Camaro for what worked best for me here in PA, and also autocrossing--and winning National Championships). The fact they are high quality springs that are made by a company that is hugely respected in the field and puts springs on Indycar and NASCAR....

As for the shocks, I have both SLP Bilstein and Koni. And I have those shocks in kits with the springs. SLP Bilstein shocks/Strano springs are $620. I have Koni/Strano Spring kits starting at $1148.99 and up, and any of the Koni/spring sets also ship for free (that's not forever, it's a limited time only).

And, when you call here you not only get the owner of the company. And the guy with the National Championships. But you also get setup advice as part of the deal.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-18-2012, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Def going with Strano for anything you buy. Talk to him yesterday for 30mins and hes not like most companys, he actually wants the best for your car not just your money. I'm placing an order with him right now.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sam already chimed in, that's really the only person you need to talk to. He's a great guy with tons of knowledge/personal experience. I run strano springs with bilstein shocks and for a daily driver, it's a rest combo. Not as much control as the koni's but great ride and handling is way better than stock.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

All I ask you give me a chance. I might not tell you what you want to hear, but I'll be honest. And I won't let you do something that I really think is a bad idea.

I'm self-employed, I own this place. With that comes a lot of personal responsibility. It's way too easy with the 'net for someone to complain I sold them a bill of goods and they aren't happy. So I work *SUPER* hard to make sure that doesn't happen. I can't please everyone, some folks want me to just pat them on the back and say ok. Others can't tell me what they want the car to better, but somehow I'm supposed to know just what to do for them. Sooo, sometimes I have to tell them I can't help them unless they know what they want. I can be blunt because sugar coating things helps nobody.

I walk a fine line. I don't believe the right way to run a business is pure volume. I need to sell parts, but I still hope that happy customers are the best customers. If I do a good job, you'll tell others and hopefully come back yourself. That seems to work for me, even if I don't sell every part I maybe could.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-19-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

That right there is why I bought from him. I respect him for putting that statement on the home page of his website. If he's putting his hand out to help us, we should at least have the courtesy to PAY him back. Stand up honest guy. He even told me not to buy the extra parts I was inquiring about until after I tried the springs and shocks first. I do have questions though Sam. I will try to give you a call again today.

Quick Reply: Help picking shock/spring kit