Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs ride height?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Now if some one could measure i stock strut and brand new bilsteins?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camarokid327
Yun Gunz: Did you happen to take measurements before the swap?
Unfortunately no, the setup before was RK Sport Springs and Monroe shocks. My *** end was lower and basically bottomed out. Never really occurred to me to even measure. It was so wore out all around, rusted out parts including.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LILWS6
Could you pull your wheel off and measure yours?

In 2 weeks I can measure my current KYB GR2 shocks before I throw them in the junk bin. I know those were the same as the stock decrapons.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Ill be able to grab a measurement of mine this weekend, if anyone has a stock DC laying around and is able to measure the perch to the bottom of the strut that would be awesome!

Even if there is a difference in perch height and that is what is causing it to not drop, I feel like the only option I have is just to deal with it, since Sam cannot do anything unless its defected.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Wait....these are advertised as lowering springs, LOWERING. The pics clearly showed basically no significant lowering. Im sorry OP but you have all the RIGHT in the world to be taken care off by the seller who ever the seller is or how many championships yada, yada he has won. Thats a shitty way to do business, see customer satisfaction flying out of the window.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Ill be able to grab a measurement of mine this weekend, if anyone has a stock DC laying around and is able to measure the perch to the bottom of the strut that would be awesome!

Even if there is a difference in perch height and that is what is causing it to not drop, I feel like the only option I have is just to deal with it, since Sam cannot do anything unless its defected.
Well if it is the shock that is the cause it can't really be blame on his springs then. Would point to crappy QC on Bilstein's end however, which would be just as disturbing.

Originally Posted by chaman
Wait....these are advertised as lowering springs, LOWERING. The pics clearly showed basically no significant lowering. Im sorry OP but you have all the RIGHT in the world to be taken care off by the seller who ever the seller is or how many championships yada, yada he has won. Thats a shitty way to do business, see customer satisfaction flying out of the window.
Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Well if it is the shock that is the cause it can't really be blame on his springs then. Would point to crappy QC on Bilstein's end however, which would be just as disturbing.

Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious
Not so obvious to some, apparently!!
Old 04-22-2013, 07:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Except the springs weren't the only thing changed in the equation now were they? The car being an SS was it a factory SLP Bilstien optioned car with the SLP Eibach springs? Your car looks pretty low for "stock" IMHO.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by oChristiano
^ Except the springs weren't the only thing changed in the equation now were they? The car being an SS was it a factory SLP Bilstien optioned car with the SLP Eibach springs? Your car looks pretty low for "stock" IMHO.
The car did not have the Bilstien/Eibach package. It had the factory DeCarbons.

Originally Posted by LILWS6
Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I grabbed a quick measurement of the strut on the car before leaving it at the shop and I found my stock D.C in the garage.

From the perch line down to the center of the bolt holes:
DeCarbon= 7.5"
Bilstein= 7.5"

So it is not the perch height. NOW WHAT?!
Old 04-22-2013, 08:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do agree with the post above, an SLP eibach/bilstein optioned car would be lowered 1/2-3/4"

FWIW i just ordered/installed bilsteins and BMR fronts this winter and i didnt take exact measurements but id say it dropped exactly as advertised which was 1.25". Replaced the original springs and decarbons.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Launching!

^^ That is what I was hoping the fronts would look like! Looks great JoeliusZ28! I would do the hose mod in the back
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM
Launching!

I know you and Sam do not see eye-to-eye but I totally agree above. If it is not a spring issue and is a strut issue and is seems to be with only one band lately, there should be a disclaimer somewhere on that combo. (may not see a significant drop)

If this issue only happens to a couple people out of "804 sets" that were sold during a certain period, whether its the springs or struts, you would think you would go over and beyond to satisfy those very few customers with very unique instances like this instead of basically telling them "it is what it is, nothing I can do unless they are broke." I feel that is
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Perhaps you could take those off, try another set (Hotchkis, BMR) maybe a from a friend and put the Stranos for sale and get another brand? You could recover some of your loss?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm interested to see what comes out of this. Car still isn't on the ground so I have no way to measure it. I've removed and installed them twice (second to put to the lower perch) so installation should not be an issue, as also appears with your case. It doesn't bother me now that they are on the lower perch, but I agree that you should be able to return them since there in fact appears to be a defect.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Launching!

Perhaps you could take those off, try another set (Hotchkis, BMR) maybe a from a friend and put the Stranos for sale and get another brand? You could recover some of your loss?
If Sam is going to stand by the no return or swap policy and not try to help those very few that have this issue, then I am going to sell them and just get coil overs or something. I'm just really irritated by the whole clearly something is wrong but I cant help you unless its broke statement.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

This is making me even more curious. My M6 car has newer Bilsteins (about 2k on them) with uncut stock springs. The car hibernates at a friend's house. I'll go over there tomorrow and get a measurement for you.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car looks good to me. That's about where mine sits.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^ That is what I was hoping the fronts would look like! Looks great JoeliusZ28! I would do the hose mod in the back
Thanks! I used the SLP 3/4" drop spring in the back, intentionally because i wanted an ever so slight forward rake. Theres a half inch difference front to rear which is exactly what i wanted. A little more wheel gap in the rear than id hoped for but im not slamming the front any lower so thats how its going to stay.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

If Sam is going to stand by the no return or swap policy and not try to help those very few that have this issue, then I am going to sell them and just get coil overs or something. I'm just really irritated by the whole clearly something is wrong but I cant help you unless its broke statement.
IMO at this point take them off, take some nice pictures and sell them.

Get your self something else that actually lowers the car.

Some times just moving on is the best medicine.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

yep just sell the setup and get something different. Recover a portion of your loss.

Quick Reply: Strano Springs ride height?