Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thanks Sam

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks Sam

I see a lot of threads on here with people crying about Sam Strano so I wanted to make one to thank him. I emailed Sam a few months ago inquiring about lowering my car. He always emailed me back the same day and answered all my questions about what I did and didn't need for my setup, clearance issues, and wheel fitment. I ended up going with the Strano/Bilstein package and got some bumpstops just to be safe with my 315's. The parts came in the mail even sooner than he quoted me. I just got them put on the car earlier this week and I couldn't be happier with the ride. Night/Day difference in handling than stock and the car is much more planted through the corners now. I can now experience why these springs are spoke so highly of every day. I think people tend to forget that Strano Performance is a small business. The fact that Sam is able to speak with you in person and through emails means a lot to me. It makes the buying process much more personal and makes me feel much more comfortable when I'm about to spend a good chunk of my hard earned money. People need to realize that he doesn't have all the reps of one of the big manufacturers and it is just one man responding to all these questions and calls from people like you and I. If it takes him a while to respond to you then just be patient. Sometimes you have to wait if you want to have the best, in my case I didn't have to wait at all which I found to be amazing. I think I speak on behalf of a lot of the members here when I say Thanks again Sam and keep up the top notch work. /rant

-Charlie
Old 02-18-2013, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am actually amazed you were able to talk to him as i have been trying for weeks and have left messages numerous times. Have been looking to drop 2k+ into a suspension setup myself.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I can't win..... I've been out of town, on vacation. I'm back and I'm buried. I'm doing the best I can.

Nice to know I can't ever leave or this is the reaction. Sheeh.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

OP- I'll second that
Old 02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I made one of these a while back. Sam is a stand up guy. Sold me exactly what I wanted over a year ago, still answers calls when he isn't swamped and I've got questions about new stuff.

People don't realize he is a one man shop with a life and the occasional race trip, so I know he's doing all that he can.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
Teching In

OP- I with you on this. I received my parts a little over a week after ordering them and I couldn't be happier. Sam has gone to great lengths to test and represent his products in the most honest way, and they have far surpassed my expectations.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ordered and got my parts no problem. Still adding more as time goes by lol. Pretty much had certain parts on the mind. Who ever was the lady that called was delightful lol.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Pretty sure I'll be ordering a set of his springs soon... Speaking of which, are they in stock or currently backordered? If so, for how long? Trying to balance house and car stuff this spring.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I love my HP7 package, no. Love is not strong enough of a word to describe how much I enjoy the car now. All I need now are SFC's and a watts link and I'll be on cloud 9 if I ever get on a good road course.

Sam helped me out big time on lining up the parts and giving me the heads up on the other things I might need to order to do the install (new spring perches, etc. etc.).

And this picture doesn't quite do it justice. Maybe I can get a good side profile shot soon...

Old 02-18-2013, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I also ordered parts from Sam last week and received them right away.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am a very satisfied strano customer. I have damned near everything he sells at this point. I value his expertise and his contribution to the community. Thank you Sam!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

< Getting hollows and a watts link from him once the car is over half way paid off.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:34 AM
FormerVendor

Side note: Your car is sweet and those wheels are awesome.

Originally Posted by WarShrike
I love my HP7 package, no. Love is not strong enough of a word to describe how much I enjoy the car now. All I need now are SFC's and a watts link and I'll be on cloud 9 if I ever get on a good road course.

Sam helped me out big time on lining up the parts and giving me the heads up on the other things I might need to order to do the install (new spring perches, etc. etc.).

And this picture doesn't quite do it justice. Maybe I can get a good side profile shot soon...

Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Side note: Your car is sweet and those wheels are awesome.
Thanks!

I'm happy with your products that I have installed. I'm running UMI's rear control arms, UMI adjustable panhard bar and a modified UMI T-56 torque arm relocation crossmember. I'll probably go with yall on the subframe connectors at some point in the not too distant future.

The crossmember is modified because I needed to add 1/2" of room to work with the adapter plate for my setup. Yes, T-56 on a V6 and it doesn't lug in 6th unless I'm doing it under 45mph

Modified cross member:
Old 02-20-2013, 06:47 AM
11 Second Club

some people are just so impatient now a days...its a shame. they think that when they send someone a email or leave a message that person needs to drop what they are doin and get back to them asap. they need to realize these people have a business to run and they are 1 of maybe thousands of customers Sam has. ive bought numerous products from Sam over the years and not one time had a single complaint. people need to lighten up a little.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

I want to say thank you.

Thank you very much. I really do live and breathe this stuff and this shop. I needed to get away. I never had a vacation before and I needed it badly. Of course even though Desiree was here and did a great job processing orders (only two glitches I've found so far) lots of folks want to talk to me. I try my best to get to everyone and get to them as quick as I can, but when I sit down to the number of messages I have adn then each person has questions and such that keep me on the phone for 30 minutes or more at a time that gets pretty rough and I get further and further behind.

I don't know what the alternative is.... refuse to talk to anyone? I don't want to do that. It gets to the point that I do what I can do and have to live with some folks that are annoyed. I don't like that, I don't try for that. But I only have the ability to talk on the phone one person at a time. I'm stuck in this place where I'd have to hire a lot of people and never talk to anyone myself, or do what I do well. I'm not trying to be Strano-Mart. I'm trying to help folks and make them happy. Trouble is service and recommendations take time vs. just selling parts.

If you know what you want, you can submit the order form online, we'll call you back and send it. If you need help, I have to ask you work with me. I'm always happy to be "defended" by customers because it tells me they aren't sorry they went with me, and that's way better than anything I can argue. But I am passionate, and I'm not one of those thick-skinned people that doesn't care what anyone says. Some things get to me, and being that I tend to say what I think, I often..... say what I think. That might not always be the smartest thing, but then I don't always do the best thing for me. If I did, I'd just sell any parts that people wanted, even if it's more than they need. After all, selling parts is how I pay my bills. Sell more and sell more faster that's not a bad thing for the bottom line. But I still care. Everytime I start not to care, folks like those with the nice things to say pop up and remind me I'm trying to do the right thing, at least in my eyes, so I keep on doing what I know to do.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 02-20-2013, 12:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep I agree with the OP. Thanks Sam!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Staging Lane

I also wanted to say "thank you Sam"! Have bought lots of parts over the years from you, never disappointed.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by WarShrike
Thanks!

I'm happy with your products that I have installed. I'm running UMI's rear control arms, UMI adjustable panhard bar and a modified UMI T-56 torque arm relocation crossmember. I'll probably go with yall on the subframe connectors at some point in the not too distant future.

The crossmember is modified because I needed to add 1/2" of room to work with the adapter plate for my setup. Yes, T-56 on a V6 and it doesn't lug in 6th unless I'm doing it under 45mph

Modified cross member:
That sure doesn't look like a UMI trans/TA X-member, I'm sure it's made by BMR.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Resident

^I really need to stop posting while tired

Quick Reply: Thanks Sam