Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta E-mail from Kyle @ BMR saying my card was denied credit, scared the sh#t outta me.. I was thinking "great, now by the time i get it all sorted out they'll be out of shocks and i'll have to wait forever"..Turns out i was so excited I entered my zipcode wrong on my billing information lol..

finally figured out what happened called 'em up got it straightened out and mine are on the way!!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^
HAHAHA too funny.
I did the same thing! except I missed a digit in my credit card. I guess my brain was moving faster than my fingers!
Called him yesterday and got it all sorted out. He posted today (earlier in this thread) that they still have stock, so Im hoping I get a shipping confirmation shortly!!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Depends on where the parts are shipping to. Let me know where the parts would be sent to and what parts you are interested in and I will get you a shipping quote.

The F4/F4 setup is the on-car single adjustable Koni shocks for the front and rear where as the double adjustable Koni shocks is just like the title say double adjustable.
I got a quote of $98 from the website with the package, phoned in order to make sure parts were available and wouldn't have to wait til sept and when I checked my account looks like I got hit with roughly $250. Quote system must be WAY off.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 PM
11 Second Club

How much for f4/f4 and springs shipped to 55330? Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

So what are these "Recomended settings" anyway? Got my stuff in yesterday and was thinking of setting the shocks a hair stiff. Or one click +. The backs are serious OFF CAR adjustable. And did anyone else not get bushings for the rears??
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rawr256
I got a quote of $98 from the website with the package, phoned in order to make sure parts were available and wouldn't have to wait til sept and when I checked my account looks like I got hit with roughly $250. Quote system must be WAY off.
Shoot me a PM with your name and I will check into your order and see what is up with it because shipping shouldn't be that expensive unless it is international or expedited.

Originally Posted by Uneverknow
How much for f4/f4 and springs shipped to 55330? Thanks
Those parts would be $907.05 shipped to your door.

Originally Posted by bayer-z28
So what are these "Recomended settings" anyway? Got my stuff in yesterday and was thinking of setting the shocks a hair stiff. Or one click +. The backs are serious OFF CAR adjustable. And did anyone else not get bushings for the rears??
We recommend 5 full sweeps from full soft on the front and 1 position past full soft on the rear. If you wanted to set them a little stiffer it definitely wouldn't hurt anything at all. The rear shocks should have definitely come with bushings so if your didn't give Kevin a call here at the shop and he can take care of you.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

We recommend 5 full sweeps from full soft on the front and 1 position past full soft on the rear. If you wanted to set them a little stiffer it definitely wouldn't hurt anything at all. The rear shocks should have definitely come with bushings so if your didn't give Kevin a call here at the shop and he can take care of you.
You said they ship with recommended settings front/rear right?

Also, I sent an email asking when the LCA's would be back in stock, any word on that?

Thanks.

Last edited by FirehawkNS; 03-07-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got my order straightened out! Shipping really was what it was supposed to be, just a goof with applying the discount. Thanks again for the help Kyle! Can't wait to throw these puppy's on and toss the old worn 100k mile suspension.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rawr256
Got my order straightened out! Shipping really was what it was supposed to be, just a goof with applying the discount. Thanks again for the help Kyle! Can't wait to throw these puppy's on and toss the old worn 100k mile suspension.
No problem! I am glad I was able to get it straightened out for you.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:07 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
You said they ship with recommended settings front/rear right?

Also, I sent an email asking when the LCA's would be back in stock, any word on that?

Thanks.
You will need to adjust the Koni shocks when you get them because they don't come adjusted when we get them from Koni.

Your LCAs will be shipping out tomorrow so it won't be long before you have them in your hands.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:22 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It turns out these are not being mailed out with the shock setting recommendations I wrote up. So if you receive them and would like to get the settings, PM me and I'll copy/paste them into the email for you.

Glad we got the order taken care of where you were overcharged, sorry about the confusion!

STILL IN STOCK. Like I said...we ordered a LOT more initially from Koni this year.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-07-2013, 04:23 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
So the parts came in today, all but the set of TCA001 LCA. Was concerned, but then looked back and saw they were on backorder in the email (really should reflect in the website, I may have upgraded to have something now).

Any idea when they will be shipped? Was hoping to do everything this weekend.
Did Kyle take care of you on this, otherwise, PM me and I'll look into it as well. I agree with you. We're working on getting a live inventory active in the near future, but compatibility issues with our software vs. website have been a hurdle.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Did Kyle take care of you on this, otherwise, PM me and I'll look into it as well. I agree with you. We're working on getting a live inventory active in the near future, but compatibility issues with our software vs. website have been a hurdle.
He did indeed, I got the email and response here about the same time. lol

Thanks for checking up. Sending PM to get suggested settings for shocks.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Outstanding.. Thanks. And the bushings were in there. Were just buried.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:47 PM
On The Tree

Just ordered my BMR Springs & Koni's can't wait to put them on the SS!! Special thanks to Kevin & Kyle for answering all of my questions and having OUTSTANDING customer satisfaction! These guys are great! Thanks again!

-Robert
Old 03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Mine are on and i'm lovin' em so far.. good thing i got in on this, my driverside front shock was somehow bent and locked in the "fully extended" position.. finally solved my issue with the front of the car sittin higher than the back. jeez how did i not feel that while driving it?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Hey MarcusR80, I'm in middle of my install... back is done, but need to replace upper ball joints... so doing those before the fronts go back in. How do you adjust the front Koni struts? I'm not clear.

Did you adjust them prior to install with the springs? Or did you just put them in as is? I want a stiffer setup but unsure about how exactly to do it.

Do you install them to get load on the struts then turn that little **** with an allen wrench? This seems difficult outside of the car, and I wasn't sure if I needed to fully compress the strut and hold it down while turning the ****.

All feedback welcome!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Teching In

I did it before i put the springs on. i just stuck an allen wrench in there and spun it "4 sweeps" which is about 1 full turn i guess as its about a quarter turn per sweep.. just stick the allen wrench in the nearest hole u can see to the left side of the slot and turn it all the way til u hit the right side of the slot and thats 1 sweep (thats how i understood it anyway).. did u adjust the rears before u put them in? it took me longer to figure out how to adjust the rears b/c i didn't know the plastic slid down to expose the adjustment button lol.. btw i did 1 click from full soft on the rear.. and mine are the 4/3's i'm not sure if 4/4 are the same
Old 03-11-2013, 09:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 666ws6
Hey MarcusR80, I'm in middle of my install... back is done, but need to replace upper ball joints... so doing those before the fronts go back in. How do you adjust the front Koni struts? I'm not clear.

Did you adjust them prior to install with the springs? Or did you just put them in as is? I want a stiffer setup but unsure about how exactly to do it.

Do you install them to get load on the struts then turn that little **** with an allen wrench? This seems difficult outside of the car, and I wasn't sure if I needed to fully compress the strut and hold it down while turning the ****.

All feedback welcome!
Wasn't sure if you got the PM yet from BMR, so I forwarded it to you.

But my question was the same I think, I wasn't sure if I should adjust these with the springs mounted or just free in my hands.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
Launching!

Thanks a ton! Fronts are adjusted now, seems it needed the spring load. But I didn't do the rears right as I didn't see the button, so I will redo those tonight. Thanks for the PM that helps so much!

I don't know about you guys, but I got three sets of graphical instructions with the Konis, and each one seemed different and required more interpretation than it should.

Quick Reply: BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale