Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the pics and Part #s firehawkns.

Saved a lot of time
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28

Saved a lot of time
Indeed very grateful!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Zlow28

Saved a lot of time
No problem, I wish I had had that list.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
No problem, I wish I had had that list.
Haha no doubt that is why I asked
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Haha, good stuff!

What am i doing wrong? I've PM'd BMR Sales2, sent an email to GMSales@bmrsuspension.com as well as Kevin@bmrsuspension.com and i've had no reply? Can't make calls while at work but can email and PM. Got $$$ to purchase shocks and springs, just need a little direction as to which ones will best fit my wants/needs...

-Mark
hybrid1277@yahoo.com
Old 03-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Launching!

Ask it on here.... Ppl will help for sure and bmr will eventually see it. They are probably busy.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Birdoprey
What am i doing wrong? I've PM'd BMR Sales2, sent an email to GMSales@bmrsuspension.com as well as Kevin@bmrsuspension.com and i've had no reply? Can't make calls while at work but can email and PM. Got $$$ to purchase shocks and springs, just need a little direction as to which ones will best fit my wants/needs...

-Mark
hybrid1277@yahoo.com
Originally Posted by 666ws6
Ask it on here.... Ppl will help for sure and bmr will eventually see it. They are probably busy.
word! What is your question?
Old 03-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Guess i can do that...

I just picked up my 99 T/A. Has 170,000 miles on it. Suspension creeks but nothing is loose. Right front shock is leaking as is the left rear. The car sits at least an inch lower on the passenger side than it does on the drivers side. I figure its time to replace the shocks all the way around as well as the springs(shocks look mis-matched frt/rear, but no idea as to brand. No idea what springs but look stk). I also want to upgrade the bushings, though researching this i come to the conclusion that i'd prolly be best swapping on a set of aftermarket upper/lower A-arms up front and lower ctr arms out back. I figure the shocks/springs are the best place to start and then the Arms up front/back just as soon as i can(will prolly install all at the same time). Funds only permit one or the other and i figure the deal on the Konis/springs would save me the most $$$ in the long run. Just not sure if the Koni's are the way to go for me. Funds are hard to come by and i only wanna do this once. So i was wondering what the best option would be on shocks/springs for me and the way i drive? Its a street car(not really a daily driver but driven several times a week) that will hit the dragstrip 3-5 times a year. I prefer a smooth ride and don't really wanna sacrifice that.
I think my only real options are Bilstein's or the Koni's. Just don't know if the cost of the Koni's are worth it for me. If the Koni's will ride better, then i'll go that route(if i can get someone to sell them to me...).

-Mark
hybrid1277@yahoo.com
Old 03-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Well, I would say you cannot go wrong with the bmr and koni deal. I would not worry about hanging upper or lower arms. As you change the struts/shocks out... You will see what else really needs to be changed, but at 170k miles be ready.

Price out Billsteins with springs... I think you won't be far from this koni deal.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM
TECH Regular

Guess i can do that...

I just picked up my 99 T/A. Has 170,000 miles on it. Suspension creeks but nothing is loose. Right front shock is leaking as is the left rear. The car sits at least an inch lower on the passenger side than it does on the drivers side. I figure its time to replace the shocks all the way around as well as the springs(shocks look mis-matched frt/rear, but no idea as to brand. No idea what springs but look stk). I also want to upgrade the bushings, though researching this i come to the conclusion that i'd prolly be best swapping on a set of aftermarket upper/lower A-arms up front and lower ctr arms out back. I figure the shocks/springs are the best place to start and then the Arms up front/back just as soon as i can(will prolly install all at the same time). Funds only permit one or the other and i figure the deal on the Konis/springs would save me the most $$$ in the long run. Just not sure if the Koni's are the way to go for me. Funds are hard to come by and i only wanna do this once. So i was wondering what the best option would be on shocks/springs for me and the way i drive? Its a street car(not really a daily driver but driven several times a week) that will hit the dragstrip 3-5 times a year. I prefer a smooth ride and don't really wanna sacrifice that.
I think my only real options are Bilstein's or the Koni's. Just don't know if the cost of the Koni's are worth it for me. If the Koni's will ride better, then i'll go that route(if i can get someone to sell them to me...).

-Mark
hybrid1277@yahoo.com

I have ridden in a Ws6 with the Koni setup that had 200k miles on it (maybe 20k miles on the suspension I think), the car was tighter then I remember mine new. That's what made me look for this deal. That car rode perfect with those and a few upgrades.

I took my arms off and had a friend at a shop pull out the old bushings and press in the new ones. $20 + price of bushings was worth it over spending for the aftermarket set at this time for me. My bushings were beyond gone after riding for 10 years and 100k miles at a 2 inch drop. You can look back in this thread for my part numbers and pricing.

I can't give you my cars impression as I am still getting everything back together (work and other things keep delaying me). I would be happy to give you my update, but I wouldn't miss out on this deal if I were you if you want one of the best rides these cars can have for the money from what I have researched.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your thoughts guys! I kinda figured the Koni's were the way to go. As far as arms vs just bushings, i'm dead set on going aftermarket. Just gotta save more $$$!

Maybe BMR will contact me soon...?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just placed my order. Can't wait to get these 12 year / 130k De Carbon junk off my car.
Great deal and customer service!!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I prefer a smooth ride and don't really wanna sacrifice that.
-Mark
hybrid1277@yahoo.com
What color are your current shocks/springs?
Post a pic of your car on here for us to see the ride height, I want to see if its obviously lowered, and or sagging.

Thanks for your thoughts guys! I kinda figured the Koni's were the way to go. As far as arms vs just bushings, i'm dead set on going aftermarket. Just gotta save more $$$!
If you want a "smooth ride" as you stated above then stock control arms + rubber bushing are the way to go, plus it will save you some coin.
On the same note, the "smoothest" riding spring will be stock. With stock springs you can get away with some bilstiens and have good ride (but they won't last as long on lowering springs, nor will they damp as good as konis). If you prefer to be lowered (this will not help ride or launching at the dragstrip) then I would suggest konis.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
What color are your current shocks/springs?
Post a pic of your car on here for us to see the ride height, I want to see if its obviously lowered, and or sagging.

If you want a "smooth ride" as you stated above then stock control arms + rubber bushing are the way to go, plus it will save you some coin.
On the same note, the "smoothest" riding spring will be stock. With stock springs you can get away with some bilstiens and have good ride (but they won't last as long on lowering springs, nor will they damp as good as konis). If you prefer to be lowered (this will not help ride or launching at the dragstrip) then I would suggest konis.

I 'think' the front shocks are orange. I believe the rears are a dark red or maroon. I think i have a pic of the driver side on my phone. Will post up in a sec. I'll have to take a pic of the passenger side.
I like the looks of a lowered F-body but not real low. Just a little will be fine. I figured i'd used some relocation brackets for the rear control arms to help get the rear geometry better for better traction at the track.
Attached Thumbnails BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale-photo.jpg  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Sorry, the pic does not show much. I'll see if i can get better pics maybe tomorrow afternoon. Will not be able to tonite. Will see if i can get a quick looksee of the springs as well.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I 'think' the front shocks are orange. I believe the rears are a dark red or maroon. I think i have a pic of the driver side on my phone. Will post up in a sec. I'll have to take a pic of the passenger side.
I like the looks of a lowered F-body but not real low. Just a little will be fine. I figured i'd used some relocation brackets for the rear control arms to help get the rear geometry better for better traction at the track.
Orange are the stock decarbons, worst of the worst (same as an autozone replacement like monroe).
Red shocks may be some lower end KYB's, still nothing you want.
Stock springs are black FYI and it looks like you are at stock height (read to go off road 4x4 ahah)
Relocation brackets may not be necessary, after replacing what you want (shocks and possibly springs) see how your traction is, you probably won't need them.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

just placed my order for a 4/3 set. ^_^
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Well, looks like BMR does not want my business. Sent PM and emails. No word. Posted up on their thread and they have been on this site since. Still no word. I know i've not said or done anything to warrant a cold shoulder. Guess thats just my dumb luck...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Regular

Well, looks like BMR does not want my business. Sent PM and emails. No word. Posted up on their thread and they have been on this site since. Still no word. I know i've not said or done anything to warrant a cold shoulder. Guess thats just my dumb luck...
I know it had taken them a few days to answer some of my questions when I had posted (and some didn't get answered at all), not sure if they share some accounts and lose the notification that someone has posted when someone else is logging in or what. But when they did respond, it was by multiple people at the same time...in force. lol

Too bad you can't call, that would probably be the best way to get them, I assume you just have a few questions, otherwise you could just go ahead and order?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
I know it had taken them a few days to answer some of my questions when I had posted (and some didn't get answered at all), not sure if they share some accounts and lose the notification that someone has posted when someone else is logging in or what. But when they did respond, it was by multiple people at the same time...in force. lol

Too bad you can't call, that would probably be the best way to get them, I assume you just have a few questions, otherwise you could just go ahead and order?
I've made up my mind i want the Koni's. Just not really liking BMR's customer service at the moment. If they can't even say hi when i'm trying to contact them and spend $$$ with them(and i've tried several times), what is their service gonna be post sale? I understand being busy, but this is pitiful. They have been on this site posting since i've PM'd and emailed them. I should'nt have to call. Why post email addresses(on this site and on their website) if they are not going to be looked at or replied too? I'm not a hot head or an unpleasant person, but this kinda chaps my hyde. I'm sure as heck not gonna just order off their site w/o them contacting me.
I don't feel i'm wrong in feeling that way?

Quick Reply: BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale