Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks awesome! Thanks for all the before and after shots
Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
Pictures of the install and before after.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-up-some.html

Unlike Chris SS I was raising the car up instead of dropping it, so this will be an example of that.
I can't wait to see a photoshoot of your car after! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do this for LS1tech!

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:42 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Pictures of the install and before after.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-up-some.html

Unlike Chris SS I was raising the car up instead of dropping it, so this will be an example of that.
Thanks for the pics. The springs sometimes take a bit to settle in, but it's common for the rears to be slightly different so make sure the pigtails are turned the same direction. Something as minimal as this can impact ride height as much as .25-inches or more.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by BDsSlowbird
Got the rear end done today. Shocks, springs, bump stops, control arm bushings, and spring insulators all new. Much to my surprise the rear is sitting about .25" higher than the old SLP Bilstein set up. I knew that after 100k the rear was sagging a little bit, but good lord. I cant wait to get the fronts done. I also picked up new bushings, balljoints, insulators, and strut mounts. Gotta love new parts. Now the sway bars look neglected. They will be next. Thanks again to Kevin and team BMR!
It's not uncommon for factory springs to sag quite a bit. And, with the SLP springs being manufactured by Eibach, it's no surprise when they sag exponentially.

Check to make sure the pigtails on the springs are facing the same direction because they can impact ride height, believe it or not. It might be enough to get it fixed. If you're still having trouble with just the rears, swap the springs side-to-side and measure the change. If the discrepancy follows the springs, give me a call. :-)

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
I can't wait to see a photoshoot of your car after! Thanks for sharing and taking the time to do this for LS1tech!

- Kevin
Me either! Getting her aligned tomorrow I hope. If I don't spend all day at the local auto fair Saturday I hope to have a photog day to have an excuse to drive around.

Thanks for the pics. The springs sometimes take a bit to settle in, but it's common for the rears to be slightly different so make sure the pigtails are turned the same direction. Something as minimal as this can impact ride height as much as .25-inches or more.
When I first dropped her I could get 3 fingers easily in the front. Took me a week to get back to her to figure out some other stuff and it had settled to the two fingers you see. I hope that's where she ends up.

The rears will be higher by design. I went a step farther from the heater hose mode people used to suggest back with the old springs to try to raise the car. I took the rear isolators off of a fox body mustang a buddy had around, with some work it sits perfect on the perch of the axle and the spring sits on top, raising it about 1/4 of an inch.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:28 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Me either! Getting her aligned tomorrow I hope. If I don't spend all day at the local auto fair Saturday I hope to have a photog day to have an excuse to drive around.

When I first dropped her I could get 3 fingers easily in the front. Took me a week to get back to her to figure out some other stuff and it had settled to the two fingers you see. I hope that's where she ends up.

The rears will be higher by design. I went a step farther from the heater hose mode people used to suggest back with the old springs to try to raise the car. I took the rear isolators off of a fox body mustang a buddy had around, with some work it sits perfect on the perch of the axle and the spring sits on top, raising it about 1/4 of an inch.
I commend your dedication to get your car to sit precisely the way you would like. Look forward to seeing the pictures too!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

I commend your dedication to get your car to sit precisely the way you would like. Look forward to seeing the pictures too!
Thanks. I can't say doing that hurt my handling, but I wasn't as concerned about that. Just wanted a nice stance.

For people doing this, and I will say there is no guarentee that I follwed BMR directions exactly right, but I felt it was a little hard for what I was looking for. So I adjusted it two sweeps softer. This gave me a drastic difference, although a tad too soft, too much drop in the front when doing quick jerky turns back and forth. I dialed it in one sweep back (so one sweep softer then BMR directions) and it feels about perfect in the front for me. Of course this is all subjective and I am getting old so I wanted a little bit of a softer ride.

I still have to adjust the back a little...now wishing I would have spent the extra $100 for the on car adjustable rear. It is awesome how easy it is to adjust these. I can easily go harder for some mountain driving, softer for tooling around town.

If someone got the one car adjustable rears and want to trade + some cash let me know.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not uncommon for factory springs to sag quite a bit. And, with the SLP springs being manufactured by Eibach, it's no surprise when they sag exponentially.

Check to make sure the pigtails on the springs are facing the same direction because they can impact ride height, believe it or not. It might be enough to get it fixed. If you're still having trouble with just the rears, swap the springs side-to-side and measure the change. If the discrepancy follows the springs, give me a call. :-)

- Kevin
Kevin,
No worries on the ride height. I haven't measured side to side but the car sits fine. I noticed that when I dropped the car I had about .25" clearance between the muffler and the floor jack. With the Bilsteins the jack was jammed up against the muffler. The lower terminating end of the springs are both facing the front of the car just as the SLP/Eibach springs were. I made sure to note that and take pics for reference. Keep in mind I also put new insulators on the tops of the springs and ditched the old ones. I doubt the old ones compressed much but it could be a factor.
As for driving impressions, I still don't have the fronts done yet but the rear end feels a lot tighter now, much improved. I'm very happy with the results so far. I'm running 2 sweeps on the rears. I also started putting together some work instructions that may help others for anyone that is interested. Once I get them finished I will post a link.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I can't say doing that hurt my handling, but I wasn't as concerned about that. Just wanted a nice stance.

For people doing this, and I will say there is no guarentee that I follwed BMR directions exactly right, but I felt it was a little hard for what I was looking for. So I adjusted it two sweeps softer. This gave me a drastic difference, although a tad too soft, too much drop in the front when doing quick jerky turns back and forth. I dialed it in one sweep back (so one sweep softer then BMR directions) and it feels about perfect in the front for me. Of course this is all subjective and I am getting old so I wanted a little bit of a softer ride.

I still have to adjust the back a little...now wishing I would have spent the extra $100 for the on car adjustable rear. It is awesome how easy it is to adjust these. I can easily go harder for some mountain driving, softer for tooling around town.

If someone got the one car adjustable rears and want to trade + some cash let me know.
Great job on the install and cleanup! I think I am now destined to paint my control arms and knuckles. I'm in the process of painting my calipers and brackets so why not. What kind of paint did you use on them?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BDsSlowbird
Great job on the install and cleanup! I think I am now destined to paint my control arms and knuckles. I'm in the process of painting my calipers and brackets so why not. What kind of paint did you use on them?
I used Rust-Oleum Professional Series rattle can from Lowes. I then took some Rust-oleum Clear coat as it lays a little tacky and I clear everything.

I had to wire brush and chip away at some rust to help have a clean surface.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:58 PM
Teching In

Just put in my order! Thanks BMR!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by blue91z
Badass! Thanks! Your order has been processed and we should be mailing them out today.

These are still in stock!!!!
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:03 PM

WOOOT! Just ordered mine with a adjustable panhard bar!! Thanks Kevin for answering all my questions!!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 50d newbe
WOOOT! Just ordered mine with a adjustable panhard bar!! Thanks Kevin for answering all my questions!!!!
Not a problem man! Thanks for choosing us.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blue91z
Man I want to be too! Come on payday
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 8t8iroc
Man I want to be too! Come on payday
Okay credit card decided to give me an increase in credit, so I just placed my order!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Launching!

how much would shipping cost to 95204.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ggino85
how much would shipping cost to 95204.
they have an estimated shipping price calculator on their website. I got quoted 90 bucks shipped to socal. Im guessing your price shouldnt be that different. However im wondering if the calculator is accurate??
Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zlow28
they have an estimated shipping price calculator on their website. I got quoted 90 bucks shipped to socal. Im guessing your price shouldnt be that different. However im wondering if the calculator is accurate??
It gave me different shipping options once I entered my address and zip code. I figure to determine both distance and if the address is residential or commercial. Shipping was just under $90, $84 and some change. - for ground delivery that is the basic shipping option.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Our shipping calculator is directly linked to UPS, so it's accurate. However, I am not a fan of the ambiguity each shipping company has to particular zip codes with fuel surcharges and stuff. Unfortunately, that kinda stuff is out of my hands. :-/
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale