Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me like you have a special case. My question to them before took 5 days to respond. Their deal though for free springs cannot be beaten.

Not sure if you would need post sale support. Issues would go to koni directly. But it is possible.

Ok to be pissed, and I wish all could get the proper customer service all the time... But I think we have all been guilty on missing emails and getting so busy that we forget to respond to ppl.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Yessir, you are correct. Thats why i sent PMs and emails to different reps. Figured posting up on their thread would get a response. Guess not. Both BMR Tech2(Kevin) AND BMR Sales2(Kyle) have been on this site this morning and still no response. I can see it getting overlooked if this thread were buried several posts down(this site has LOTS of new posts daily!), but its been kept toward the top.
I dunno? I'm definetly feeling very "special" right now though...

Like i mentioned, plans are for suspension parts in the VERY near future as well.($$$). Guess that does not matter either...
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdoprey
Yessir, you are correct. Thats why i sent PMs and emails to different reps. Figured posting up on their thread would get a response. Guess not. Both BMR Tech2(Kevin) AND BMR Sales2(Kyle) have been on this site this morning and still no response. I can see it getting overlooked if this thread were buried several posts down(this site has LOTS of new posts daily!), but its been kept toward the top.
I dunno? I'm definetly feeling very "special" right now though...

Like i mentioned, plans are for suspension parts in the VERY near future as well.($$$). Guess that does not matter either...
I have no private messages from you. This is the first I have logged into the site today to post because of how busy we are. My apologies for overlooking this thread, but I only go into it when it tells me there are new posts, and it didn't tell me there were any new posts.

What are the questions you have? Kyle is out of town so it's just me handling 3rd Gen, 4th Gen, 5th Gen, G8, and GTO for a couple days...I'm very sorry.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

To add, we can be reached by phone every day. I'm getting calls all day and entering orders, so it's difficult to get on the forums and properly respond to every thread in the world when I'm getting pulled in every direction. Traditionally, we're very prompt in our response to customers and their PMs.

Once again, I'm very sorry.
- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
To add, we can be reached by phone every day. I'm getting calls all day and entering orders, so it's difficult to get on the forums and properly respond to every thread in the world when I'm getting pulled in every direction. Traditionally, we're very prompt in our response to customers and their PMs.

Once again, I'm very sorry.
- Kevin
Sent a PM to BMR Sales2 first. No response. Went to your site and sent a email to GMSales@bmrsuspension.com. Within minutes of that, i saw one or your posts where you listed your email as a contact(Kevin@bmrsuspension.com) so i sent an email there as well. Then started posting up on here. Also looked under your username stats(BMR Tech2) and it showed you were logged in around 8-9am this morning as well as 1pm this afternoon. At 1pm, it showed "current activity" was viewing this thread if i recall correctly. As i mentioned earlier, i can not call while at work(worked past 7pm yesterday as well as 1am-4am this morning, then back at work at 8am).
I did not send u a PM, but did send u an email(Kevin@bmrsuspension.com). Guess i should have searched under all 5 or so of ya'lls usernames on here and sent all a PM? I actually figured the emails would do the trick. What business does not ck their emails?
Not trying to be a butt about it. Just feeling like i'm doing all the work here.

Thanks for your reply!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Launching!

He said sorry, it happens. Let the dead horse alone man and order your konis!
Old 03-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Did'nt like being made to feel like i was not being accurate or untruthful, no horse beating here.

Its all good man! Thanks again!
Sorry for mucking up the thread BMR! Thanks again for the reply.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Birdoprey
Sent a PM to BMR Sales2 first. No response. Went to your site and sent a email to GMSales@bmrsuspension.com. Within minutes of that, i saw one or your posts where you listed your email as a contact(Kevin@bmrsuspension.com) so i sent an email there as well. Then started posting up on here. Also looked under your username stats(BMR Tech2) and it showed you were logged in around 8-9am this morning as well as 1pm this afternoon. At 1pm, it showed "current activity" was viewing this thread if i recall correctly. As i mentioned earlier, i can not call while at work(worked past 7pm yesterday as well as 1am-4am this morning, then back at work at 8am).
I did not send u a PM, but did send u an email(Kevin@bmrsuspension.com). Guess i should have searched under all 5 or so of ya'lls usernames on here and sent all a PM? I actually figured the emails would do the trick. What business does not ck their emails?
Not trying to be a butt about it. Just feeling like i'm doing all the work here.

Thanks for your reply!
I leave my computer in sleep mode with anywhere from 5-20 web browser tabs opened at all times. So it probably shows me as logged in at all times. It in no way means I'm on here active or reading. During certain times of the year I keep every thread open I want to respond to, and I respond to them throughout the day as I find the time. I probably responded to another thread before seeing this one today, so who knows! haha

As far as emails go, once again, I can't get to all of them every day once its delegated to be based on car segment/application.

I'm about to go home now for the day, but please PM me all of your questions and I will have a response waiting for you in the morning.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
No problem, I wish I had had that list.
Thanks again I got these parts ordered up so that I can get it all done when I get the BMR parts in
Old 03-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Staging Lane

Just placed my order, looking forward to finally doing something to this car!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just placed my order I was recommended to order an adjustable panhard bar as well. I don't know much about suspension so which should I look at purchasing? My car is my DD if that matters...
Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FirehawkNS
I responded back, but then decided to post this here for anyone else looking into this. I would have liked to have had the info anyway, some could have saved me some time had I known.

You may not need everything. I went ahead and ordered bushings because I wanted an as new as possible ride when I was done. Turns out my bushing were disintegrating, so it was a good thing I did.

Anyway..

MOOG Strut Mount (Front Left Upper) - K6516 - $45.79
MOOG Strut Mount (Front Right Upper) - K6517 - $46.79

MOOG Spring Insulator (same as Raybesto part, I found this part later and like MOOG better - K6573 - $4.46 x 2

I wasn't aware I was going to need this piece, if you have it and you buy the Insulator and strut mounts you can trash your strut assembly when you get it out of the car (or sell it maybe). They didn't have this item around me so we had to cut the stock stuff apart with a torch to get to it..Wasn't happy about dealing with that.

MOOG Coil seat - K80927 - $11.40 X 2

The rest may or may not be needed depending on your cars condition. The Bushings I had to take to a shop to have pushed on, I didn't have the tools or the time to do the tricks listed in LS1tech threads, but they are there if you look and want to try.

MOOG Control Arm Bushings - K6490 - $18.89 X 2
MOOG Control Arm Bushings - K6689 - $14.39 X 2

I needed Stabilizer Bar Links, front and back, mine were shot.

MOOG - K6630 - $6.93 X 4

So close baby...so close.....

Thanks for that shopping list!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 01SuperSport
Just placed my order I was recommended to order an adjustable panhard bar as well. I don't know much about suspension so which should I look at purchasing? My car is my DD if that matters...
I would think the PHR002 would be right up your alley. It's our best seller and cheapest adjustable option we have. The poly bushings make it great for your daily driver duties as well.

- Kevin
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Thanks for the orders guys! I think we honestly sold more Koni packages today than we have in one day...WE STILL have more in stock too! haha

Thanks again guys, please let me know if you have any questions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
I would think the PHR002 would be right up your alley. It's our best seller and cheapest adjustable option we have. The poly bushings make it great for your daily driver duties as well.

- Kevin
Alright Kevin thanks for the advice. Just placed my order and can't wait to put all the parts on
Old 03-30-2013, 03:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the rear end done today. Shocks, springs, bump stops, control arm bushings, and spring insulators all new. Much to my surprise the rear is sitting about .25" higher than the old SLP Bilstein set up. I knew that after 100k the rear was sagging a little bit, but good lord. I cant wait to get the fronts done. I also picked up new bushings, balljoints, insulators, and strut mounts. Gotta love new parts. Now the sway bars look neglected. They will be next. Thanks again to Kevin and team BMR!
Old 03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Launching!

They will likely set down that .25 inch over the next month or so.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Got to get pictures up. Since I was doing all the bushings I somehow got the alignment so screwed up I can't drive the car except for the short trip to get it aligned. I hope next week. But the car is sitting nicely higher then it was before which is great, because it was slammed.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:46 AM
Teching In

The drivers side rear sits approximately 1/25" - 1/3" lower than passenger side. I'd like to have the cars geometry as symmetrical as possible!

This is with the gas needle buried on E, so I imagine a full tank o' gas would drop the rear a bit more lol.

Complete install start to finish roughly 3 1/2 hrs.

Before/After Pics
Attached Thumbnails BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale-before.jpg   BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale-before2.jpg   BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale-after.jpg   BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale-after3.jpg  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Pictures of the install and before after.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...r-up-some.html

Unlike Chris SS I was raising the car up instead of dropping it, so this will be an example of that.

Quick Reply: BMR/Koni Shock Value Sale