Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From a business stand point just having pictures of your K-member up here with cracks is not worth it for a what $300-400 hit? Absolutely ridiculous to even have someone now second guess your suspension components. Even if it was the non-revised which shows that you knew there was an issue and the rest of them should have been recalled or at least dealt with as the problems popped up. I would do what it takes to get this thread/pictures taken down(sending out a new revised k-member i'm sure would make the OP satisfied). I wouldn't even be responding in this thread, i would be working it over on the phone.

Sometimes you have to go out of your way, yes further then 20% off with no receipt customer. Someone still paid for it even if it was second hand.

Not like this isn't the most important suspension component on the car or anything....
Old 05-25-2013, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Coppertone
I don't know all of the details of the situation, but I agree with BMR from what I have read. Companies can't just go out and replace 7-8 year olds parts all the time. For all they know, the customer could have tried a Fast and Furious bridge jump or something with it and now they are "forced" to replace it? C'mon mannnnnnnn.
This is my car. Defiantly haven't tried any "fast and furious bridge jumps" in it. It stays in the garage and barely sees the light of day. Like I said and like David said I don't do any stressful driving in the car. Its a weekend car. take it to shows and car events.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
From a business stand point just having pictures of your K-member up here with cracks is not worth it for a what $300-400 hit? Absolutely ridiculous to even have someone now second guess your suspension components. Even if it was the non-revised which shows that you knew there was an issue and the rest of them should have been recalled or at least dealt with as the problems popped up. I would do what it takes to get this thread/pictures taken down(sending out a new revised k-member i'm sure would make the OP satisfied). I wouldn't even be responding in this thread, i would be working it over on the phone.

Sometimes you have to go out of your way, yes further then 20% off with no receipt customer. Someone still paid for it even if it was second hand.

Not like this isn't the most important suspension component on the car or anything....
Exactly how I feel and exactly what I've been thinking. A positive review from a satisfied customer and the free advertisement would be well worth the 2 or 300$ cost of a new K member. It was revised for a reason and any of the old models they have problems with should be replaced in my opinion. since again they did have to be redesigned. Thank you stevo.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Micah41091
This is my car. Defiantly haven't tried any "fast and furious bridge jumps" in it. It stays in the garage and barely sees the light of day. Like I said and like David said I don't do any stressful driving in the car. Its a weekend car. take it to shows and car events.
Oh, well since you said so, guess they should just go ahead and replace it... you know, because the still shots of your car prove you don't jump it.

Come on, man. An old aftermarket suspension component failed, you apparently have no proof it was you who bought it, and you're turning down 20% off a new one?

Based on what BMR has done in their responses, I'll continue to support the company. Already have the K-member
Old 05-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Oh, well since you said so, guess they should just go ahead and replace it... you know, because the still shots of your car prove you don't jump it.

Come on, man. An old aftermarket suspension component failed, you apparently have no proof it was you who bought it, and you're turning down 20% off a new one?

Based on what BMR has done in their responses, I'll continue to support the company. Already have the K-member
Guess you don't remember who I am or you would know how I drive my car. I used to run Southern F body that your a advent poster on and I currently run SouthernLsx facebook group(https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernLsx/). Bought some parts from you too. But no I purchased the K member from Bmr. If you don't take my word for it ask any of the guys that know me and they will vouch for me being a stand up guy. Larry Moe or any of them.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I hope they do replace it for you for free. That way the next car I part out that has BMR parts on it, I can just call them up and exchange the parts for free. Maybe Sony will give me a free TV cuz that 10 year old unit started smoking. It could have started a fire in my house right? Seriously, prove you bought it. Thats all they want you to do.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Regular

Bottom line is a bad part is a BAD PART! that why it was redesigned this is not the 1st one to do this

GM or Ford has recalls it dont matter how many owners they still make it right, BMR is lucky this guy didnt die (god forbid) or kill some one else has it crack the rest of the way this is scary! I'm an business owner and if this was my part I would have offered to replace it just to keep the company name in good standing and show currant and future customers I stand behind what I sell Like a true "car guy" would NOT like a company trying to still make a buck on him!

20% off since you could of died from our 7 year old part failing so you can save a buck and we still make a buck on you (what a joke!)

I'm looking in to suspension parts for my Z28 I picked up a few weeks ago and I will tell you BMR is NOT some one I will buy from 1st loss of customer right here!

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
they know we jump on them they build parts to drive these cars harder not save fuel

Last edited by stroker87; 05-25-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:30 PM
TECH Regular

And whats this obsession with "he could have died"? That is just silly. And just a tad over dramatic.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

Guess you don't remember who I am or you would know how I drive my car. I used to run Southern F body that your a advent poster on and I currently run SouthernLsx facebook group(https://www.facebook.com/groups/SouthernLsx/). Bought some parts from you too. But no I purchased the K member from Bmr. If you don't take my word for it ask any of the guys that know me and they will vouch for me being a stand up guy. Larry Moe or any of them.
Man, I don't know how you've driven your cars. In fact, that's a VERY relevant point. I've sold you parts, and allegedly, so has BMR. If you came back to me and said an LCA or tire I sold you was bad, I'd take a look at it. If it looks like it was somehow faulty because of something I did, I'd probably try to give you some money back. But I didn't knowingly sell you busted parts, that's not what I do and if word got out that I was selling crappy parts, I wouldn't have continued to do it for as long as I have. And I don't even know how you used the part.

Sounds like BMR did just what I would do, and I'm nowhere near what they are as far as a parts dealer. Would I go and ask Southern FBody about your driving habits before I made a decision on how to handle the situation? No, would you? Do you expect BMR to do that?

They've accommodated you with 20% off, and I'd probably do better, but it sounds like they DID offer you a better deal and you won't take it. I'm still convinced they're right. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSXNV
Hey I hope they do replace it for you for free. That way the next car I part out that has BMR parts on it, I can just call them up and exchange the parts for free. Maybe Sony will give me a free TV cuz that 10 year old unit started smoking. It could have started a fire in my house right? Seriously, prove you bought it. Thats all they want you to do.
Well If Sony had a recall on Tv's that were blowing up I'm sure they would replace it. Sony would stand behind there product if there were countless events of them being able to cause injury. Being such a big company they wouldn't want to face lawsuits over things like this. Its a bmr k member. I'm not trying to just get free ****. mine broke i posted pictures for everyone to see. If it hadn't broke then this post wouldn't exist. disagree with me if you want but until your in my position you won't know how it is. but thank you for your support hoping bmr will replace it. Maybe they'll give you free ****. All I want is my K member warrantied with there new model that I don't have to worry about breaking while doing very stressful backups out of my garage.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

And whats this obsession with "he could have died"? That is just silly. And just a tad over dramatic.
really? you think so? you do realize we are talking about the K member right? that part fails he looses all control of the car
Old 05-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

The motor is sitting about 2inches lower on the driver side and wheel is toed in. Yes if it would have broken the rest of the way on the interstate for instance I would have lost control of the car and wrecked. people do die in wrecks in case you didn't know so no its not over dramatic its a fact.
Old 05-25-2013, 10:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

The part has failed...who cares how it failed, it did. It's not a handout. I'd expect anyone who had a BROKEN part to have it replaced. This is a faulty part not just a worn out bushing. This isn't a wear item...i don't see how you are going to argue that.

Sometimes you just chock it up, it's not worth the 1600 views from potential or current customers double guessing their purchase and the part that is crucial to your safety.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

A lot of people here are ignoring the issue where the OP doesn't have proof that he purchased it. I'm sure he did, but its an old worn K member and had someone else purchase it for him, so the purchase can't be traced. It's like your bringing something 7 years old back to the store with no receipt and expecting a full refund.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

I just want to chip in, as having been in the f-body game for a little under a year- I've been doing my fair share of research especially on suspension/ brake parts because thats where I feel our cars lack severely.

I've seen these K-members come up for sale from time to time and did my own homework on them, from what I've read I determined that I wouldn't consider running one on a street driven car AKA my daily driver. Considering that these products are marketed as being street friendly- I would think BMR is lucky that this gentleman didn't wreck his car and possibly injure/ kill himself as a direct result of this failure.

For such a massive company not being able to stand behind a faulty product (of their own admission) regardless of the purchaser is just sad.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 PM
TECH Regular

Well If Sony had a recall on Tv's that were blowing up I'm sure they would replace it. Sony would stand behind there product if there were countless events of them being able to cause injury. Being such a big company they wouldn't want to face lawsuits over things like this. Its a bmr k member. I'm not trying to just get free ****. mine broke i posted pictures for everyone to see. If it hadn't broke then this post wouldn't exist. disagree with me if you want but until your in my position you won't know how it is. but thank you for your support hoping bmr will replace it. Maybe they'll give you free ****. All I want is my K member warrantied with there new model that I don't have to worry about breaking while doing very stressful backups out of my garage.
I've had plenty of parts failures. I had a diff shaft pin fail at 80mph (pull your ebrake at 80 and you'll get the idea), I've sheared a ball joint at interstate speed which rolled the entire spindle, wheel and upper into the fenderwell. It was uncomfortable but I didn't die and didn't lose all control. I was going 80, not 180. And I also didn't go back to the place I bought them and demanded a refund. What you're dealing with is unfortunate for sure. But if they were to refund you the entire purchase price without you proving you were the original purchaser who's to say others would try to get those free parts I spoke of earlier? Dig a little deeper, maybe you can find proof. But if you can't you have to just suck it up. This isn't a policy only BMR has. It's common business practice. We aren't talking about Craftsman wrenches here dude. We are talking about an AFTERMARKET piece that is a decade old. Find that proof and maybe they'll deal. Otherwise, what they are doing here is completely fair. Even more so in your favor.

P.S. I didn't get the free tv.

Last edited by LSXNV; 05-25-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:53 AM
Staging Lane

A k-member is a non ware part. Its a piece of steel. in my opinion they shouldn't break unless there in some kind of impact or wreck. I told them the full name it was purchased under and I can't help that they swapped there systems years back and don't have any previous records because of it. that doesn't mean that I did not purchase it and regardless it is a bmr k member and there is no denying its there product. Im not here to argue with people I was just simply showing pictures of what happened.

Originally Posted by z28bryan
A lot of people here are ignoring the issue where the OP doesn't have proof that he purchased it. I'm sure he did, but its an old worn K member and had someone else purchase it for him, so the purchase can't be traced. It's like your bringing something 7 years old back to the store with no receipt and expecting a full refund.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevo92z28

ZERO proof he ever bought the part from BMR, PERIOD end of discussion. Until that can be proven he has no ground to stand on and should be lucky he got offered 20% off.
If he had a part I sold 7 years ago with no proof he got it from me.. I'll be damned that I give him a penny.

Last edited by lemons12; 05-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

A k-member is a non ware part. Its a piece of steel. in my opinion they shouldn't break unless there in some kind of impact or wreck. I told them the full name it was purchased under and I can't help that they swapped there systems years back and don't have any previous records because of it. that doesn't mean that I did not purchase it and regardless it is a bmr k member and there is no denying its there product. Im not here to argue with people I was just simply showing pictures of what happened.
You "purchased it under a friends name"... Even if they have their records from 15 years ago.. You have no proof YOU purchased it.

Last edited by lemons12; 05-26-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

O yea.. BMR.. I bought my Pewter car from you guys around 6 years ago.. I wrecked it about 2 weeks ago.

Let me know when you are sending a check for the full amount of purchase price... I purchased it through a buddy named Ted because I couldn't make it to FL at the time, so his name is on the title. I sold it 3 times after the initial purchase and actually a buddy was driving it while under the influence..
I'll accept paypal payment.

Quick Reply: Bmr tubualar K member welds breaking?