Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

F-Body Rear Suspension Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you post some pics of the front of the TA and the TA relocation bracket. also how low does the TA relocation bracket hang down. my car is lowered 2.25 inches so that is a real problem for me
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001WS6-DJP
could you post some pics of the front of the TA and the TA relocation bracket. also how low does the TA relocation bracket hang down. my car is lowered 2.25 inches so that is a real problem for me
The exhaust (3"), y-pipe (3.5") and headers hang about 1" lower than the relocation bracket. I don't think the relocation bracket will be a problem for you. I'll post more pics after finishing this next stage of the build. Should be hopefully by Sunday if I have time to wrench.

Now the TA might be an issue since you are so lowered so much. Right now I'm 0.75" from the highest setting on the TA Relocation Mount. Since the car has 1.25" lowering springs, you are going to have pinion angle issues. Not to mention my TA barely clears the fuels lines above it. With it adjusted up anymore, the TA would definitely hit those lines... no bueno. Unless you wanna re-route hard fuel lines and use a BFH on your floorpans.

You should probably call the sponsor you're purchasing them from and see what they say before dropping the cash on this setup. My $0.02.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, that is next for me also.

Quick Reply: F-Body Rear Suspension Build