Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Would you consider buying it? If Yes or No then why?
Yes
54.55%
Unsure
33.33%
No
12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

RideTech coil-over kits for 93-02 F-body; what do you think(good or bad)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 02:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 139 Likes on 90 Posts

They are 2.5" coil-over springs. Available about anywhere, but I'm a Hypercoil Master Distributor and I can do them for less than most, and even less if you get them at the same time as the coil-overs. Order any front springs with a set of coil-overs and I'll do them for $59 each.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like Sam's the way to and it's one stop shopping if you're want to get some higher rate front springs also. BTW, excellent price on the Hypercoil springs Sam!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
They are 2.5" coil-over springs. Available about anywhere, but I'm a Hypercoil Master Distributor and I can do them for less than most, and even less if you get them at the same time as the coil-overs. Order any front springs with a set of coil-overs and I'll do them for $59 each.
Are you willing to comment on whether there are circumstances when you would recommend a Ridetech setup over the usual Koni Yellow/Strano spring setup?
Old 11-10-2014, 12:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Sure, that would be if you want ride height adjustment but with better dampers than the typical drag stuff that were really the only way to get "coil-overs" at under the KW price point.

It's horses for courses. What is most critical for your needs and wants? My springs and Koni's flat work and that's proven time and again. But you can't adjust the height should you want that. KW's are more expensive, give you the height adjustment and independent double adjustable dampers. Not everyone wants that, or wants to pay for that.

I'd recommend the Stage 2 Ridetech as a similar option to Koni/Strano springs. You give up some spring rate and some proven setup for the ride height. But I don't take this stuff lightly, remember I tell folks a lot that if they want ride height adjustment badly, pony up and don't run junk dampers. These are better than what's been around at the price point before.
Old 11-10-2014, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Sure, that would be if you want ride height adjustment but with better dampers than the typical drag stuff that were really the only way to get "coil-overs" at under the KW price point.

It's horses for courses. What is most critical for your needs and wants? My springs and Koni's flat work and that's proven time and again. But you can't adjust the height should you want that. KW's are more expensive, give you the height adjustment and independent double adjustable dampers. Not everyone wants that, or wants to pay for that.

I'd recommend the Stage 2 Ridetech as a similar option to Koni/Strano springs. You give up some spring rate and some proven setup for the ride height. But I don't take this stuff lightly, remember I tell folks a lot that if they want ride height adjustment badly, pony up and don't run junk dampers. These are better than what's been around at the price point before.
Thank you for your response. I have Koni yellows, your springs, sway bars and offset bushings. It really transforms the car.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you are happy with what you have (and I'm glad you are), then I'd not recommend changing unless you have a specific reason to do so.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

If you are happy with what you have (and I'm glad you are), then I'd not recommend changing unless you have a specific reason to do so.
Well, I wanted to lower the rear a little bit after the new axle raised it up an inch or so, and go a little stiffer to compensate for the lower roll center after installing a watts link. I think new rear springs is a little cheaper than a new set up, though.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Do you have an adjustable rear bar? You can get the rear roll stiffness up that way too.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Do you have an adjustable rear bar? You can get the rear roll stiffness up that way too.
I don't. I have your original bars (I think I recall reading the newer ones are adjustable). I would like the car to feel as planted in the rear as possible. Car just feels so loose compared to the 5th Gen and GTO I've driven.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Have you tried more rebound, particularly in the rear?

That's kind of trick with the Watts link. Most of the time folks don't love a lot of rear rebound unless they have a lot of weight to pin the rear down more because it makes the car more skippy.

Well a lot of that is the function of the PHB. A watts settles that skip a ton, more than you can imagine, which often allows you to run more rebound damping and get the more 'tied-down' feel from it.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Lowering the rear roll center more will give the rear more grip, however it will change the balance of the car. As you increase rear grip, the front will want to understeer. Not necessarily a bad thing, because its a super easy adjustment you can use to tune on the fly. When I first started doing track events with the watts link, I intentionally lowered the roll center to make the car more prone to understeer, which allows more confidence since you aren't trying to keep the rear of the car in line while powering through the corner.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 PM
TECH Addict

Have you tried more rebound, particularly in the rear?

That's kind of trick with the Watts link. Most of the time folks don't love a lot of rear rebound unless they have a lot of weight to pin the rear down more because it makes the car more skippy.

Well a lot of that is the function of the PHB. A watts settles that skip a ton, more than you can imagine, which often allows you to run more rebound damping and get the more 'tied-down' feel from it.
I'm going to try that. Thanks for the tip. That tied-down feeling is what I'm after. I always just figured it was from a lack of camber from the solid rear axle.

Originally Posted by 79_T/A
Lowering the rear roll center more will give the rear more grip, however it will change the balance of the car. As you increase rear grip, the front will want to understeer. Not necessarily a bad thing, because its a super easy adjustment you can use to tune on the fly. When I first started doing track events with the watts link, I intentionally lowered the roll center to make the car more prone to understeer, which allows more confidence since you aren't trying to keep the rear of the car in line while powering through the corner.
Yeah, I think the car is so oversteer prone, more understeer will only balance it out at this point.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

While it has no camber to speak of, it also does not lose any camber to roll. But that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Quick Reply: RideTech coil-over kits for 93-02 F-body; what do you think(good or bad)?