Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Before and After Pics* Koni SA's and Strano Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before and After Pics* Koni SA's and Strano Springs

Just installed my strano springs and Koni's and took the car for a drive, the car is much more confidence inspiring and the springs sit perfectly in my opinion. Takes care of the 4x4 look and doesnt go too low. Installed on upper perch and no HH mod done.

Before:

After:

Old 01-20-2014, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good. I am curious as to why your car seems to have dropped more than normal.

Iron block?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nascarnate326
Looks good. I am curious as to why your car seems to have dropped more than normal.

Iron block?
Me too, haha, It actually settled about a 1/4 inch more than when the pics were taken, It is a completely stock ls1 t56 car. I read somewhere that the shape of the fenders were cut inconsistently on these cars which might be a reason why it sits low, it almost looks like prokit height to me
Old 01-20-2014, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

looks good man. How does it handle?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
looks good man. How does it handle?
I haven't had the chance to really push it but I can tell the car has much less body roll and the car feels really planted
Old 01-21-2014, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

your NBM is beautiful. wish i still had mine...
Old 01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stang_kllr
your NBM is beautiful. wish i still had mine...
Thanks
Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Looks great. Thank you for taking the time to post both the pictures and your thoughts about how the car drives.

As for the comment about his car being lowered more than normal... Um, I disagree. Not all cars drop the same amount, as they come with a lot of different springs from GM. And they are now old enough that stock springs can be weak, folks cut them, or swap them for other things. Plus there is a lot of things that tweak heights from there. This is a stock car, not lightened in front (which raises the front as there is less weight on it). It's not got poly control arm bushings that stick and bind and can cause the car to be propped up, etc.

I think, on average you will see most cars looking like this in the end with my springs. Some sit higher in the rear when they have bigger diameter axle tubes (all springs will in that case as the springs sit on the axle). Some sit higher in the front. That can be variance in the shocks (where the spring perch sits) or the weight, or other front suspension parts like control arm bushings, or the lower control arms themselves (as the shock sits on the arm where the location is for bolting it on changes the result.

In the end, I never made the springs for the looks. I made performance handling springs. Ride heights can and do vary on all cars with all springs, that's why you see drops for springs listed as *approximate*. I just said screw it and removed the estimated drop altogether because somehow folks think that's set in stone, and refer folks to pictures like this one. If you want 100% control over your ride height and 1/8" variance, etc. is a big deal, then I suggest a coil-over/weight jacker setup so you can set the height as desired. Trouble is there, only one has a damper that is going to work like a Koni and that's KW and they are $2200+.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Looks great. Thank you for taking the time to post both the pictures and your thoughts about how the car drives.

As for the comment about his car being lowered more than normal... Um, I disagree. Not all cars drop the same amount, as they come with a lot of different springs from GM. And they are now old enough that stock springs can be weak, folks cut them, or swap them for other things. Plus there is a lot of things that tweak heights from there. This is a stock car, not lightened in front (which raises the front as there is less weight on it). It's not got poly control arm bushings that stick and bind and can cause the car to be propped up, etc.

I think, on average you will see most cars looking like this in the end with my springs. Some sit higher in the rear when they have bigger diameter axle tubes (all springs will in that case as the springs sit on the axle). Some sit higher in the front. That can be variance in the shocks (where the spring perch sits) or the weight, or other front suspension parts like control arm bushings, or the lower control arms themselves (as the shock sits on the arm where the location is for bolting it on changes the result.

In the end, I never made the springs for the looks. I made performance handling springs. Ride heights can and do vary on all cars with all springs, that's why you see drops for springs listed as *approximate*. I just said screw it and removed the estimated drop altogether because somehow folks think that's set in stone, and refer folks to pictures like this one. If you want 100% control over your ride height and 1/8" variance, etc. is a big deal, then I suggest a coil-over/weight jacker setup so you can set the height as desired. Trouble is there, only one has a damper that is going to work like a Koni and that's KW and they are $2200+.
I am very happy with the result, just what I wanted performance and height wise, as I mentioned earlier, the car is even lower now as it has settled a bit, will get pics if anyone is interested
Old 01-21-2014, 08:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks real good. I need to convince my dad to get some silver 10 spokes on his NBM Z28.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by nascardude56
I am very happy with the result, just what I wanted performance and height wise, as I mentioned earlier, the car is even lower now as it has settled a bit, will get pics if anyone is interested

I know I wouldn't mind more pics. In fact if you get some really good clean background ones, I could use a few new cars up on the website at some point.

Sam

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

I know I wouldn't mind more pics. In fact if you get some really good clean background ones, I could use a few new cars up on the website at some point.

Sam
Will do

Quick Reply: Before and After Pics* Koni SA's and Strano Springs