Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

inside of front tires bald

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
I just realized you are in Ocala. It is a little bit of a drive, but we deal with Weaver's here in Seffner. He does all of our stuff so he knows his way around these cars and will get it dialed in for you. Also if you are in the area, feel free to stop by and I'll show you around the shop if you'd like
Thanks. I haven't been to Seffner in a while. I'd like to check out the shop sometime if I'm down around Tampa. I've got quite a few things from you guys- some stuff for the mustang I used to have, my Monte Carlo, and of course the TA. Really should probably get a d/s loop for the Monte . I stopped down by the place that aligned the trans am last time and talked to both of the guys there that do alignments. They actually admitted that they just do what the machine tells them to do. They're not really sure how everything works. It showed them how to move the lca's but they weren't sure how to do it and didn't have the tool it showed them that they needed to do it. One thing that aggravates me is I bought the "lifetime alignment"- (pay once and they will align the car as long as you own it) so I might see if they'll give me a refund on that since the only thing that they will do is turn the tie rods and have already cost me a set of tires. I will update after I get the alignment and let you know if you can add them to the list of good places to go.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Yep, this is exactly what I was looking for, and what I expected to see. What they have effectively done is narrow your track width by bringing the arms in. This is why the toe rods are run in so far and still not enough. Your camber and caster angles must be pretty crazy also. Definitely take it to a shop that has more knowledge of these cars. Look in my sig for a link to find a reputable shop near you.
Do you have a updated list? I saw that one is from 2012.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Got the alignment done today. Goes nice and straight down the road. He said he could tell by looking at it that it had been in a wreck before but still had no problem getting everything in spec. So much nicer to drive! I put a set if used tires on the front for now. Going to make sure they are wearing good then get a set of 18s
Old 03-07-2014, 06:27 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSS07
Got the alignment done today. Goes nice and straight down the road. He said he could tell by looking at it that it had been in a wreck before but still had no problem getting everything in spec. So much nicer to drive! I put a set if used tires on the front for now. Going to make sure they are wearing good then get a set of 18s
Great news!
Old 03-07-2014, 08:47 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Glad to hear you got it all straightened out. Having someone who knows what they are doing makes all the difference. Also I have updated the list with some more recent submissions.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: inside of front tires bald