Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ridetech Level 1/2..

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ridetech Level 1/2..

Planning on re-doing my springs and shocks very soon and I really like the look of the ride tech coil overs but not sure how it will perform for my set up or if it's worth it. I saw the kit at SEMA last year but haven't seen too many people with ride tech or reviews on the ride quality.

I mostly use my WS6 for street only with occasionally hitting the track. I have the old eibach pro with HD bilsteins that are showing it's age and any upgrade from the eibachs would be a world of difference. I love the stance and would love to stay at about 1-1.25 lower than stock but want a really nice ride with great street manners. If it makes a difference too, I have 17- 275s up front and 17x10.5 315s on the rear, NT555Rs, which I love.

Anyone have opinions on going with the Ride-tech or should I just go with the tried and tested Strano/Koni STR or BMR/Koni set up?? Any suggestions or the real difference between the Ridetech level 1 or level 2?
Old 12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ta ls1
Planning on re-doing my springs and shocks very soon and I really like the look of the ride tech coil overs but not sure how it will perform for my set up or if it's worth it. I saw the kit at SEMA last year but haven't seen too many people with ride tech or reviews on the ride quality.

I mostly use my WS6 for street only with occasionally hitting the track. I have the old eibach pro with HD bilsteins that are showing it's age and any upgrade from the eibachs would be a world of difference. I love the stance and would love to stay at about 1-1.25 lower than stock but want a really nice ride with great street manners. If it makes a difference too, I have 17- 275s up front and 17x10.5 315s on the rear, NT555Rs, which I love.

Anyone have opinions on going with the Ride-tech or should I just go with the tried and tested Strano/Koni STR or BMR/Koni set up?? Any suggestions or the real difference between the Ridetech level 1 or level 2?
Strano koni option should be considered but ls1tech is too full of vendors. Take your pick. Insert vendor comment after me. Keeping my mouth shut.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by camarokid91
Strano koni option should be considered but ls1tech is too full of vendors. Take your pick. Insert vendor comment after me. Keeping my mouth shut.
ha. Not really wanting vendors comments, but they are welcomed. I'm personally leaning towards BMR/Koni.. I just want some input on the ridetech and the ride quality and it's manners on the road.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

BMR had a very good quality spring set. I use them and are nice. Spring rate is not to harsh. Koni's are up front with Strange single adj. out back. Rides just fine. Your dampers make the biggest difference.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Upping the spring rate is the best mod I think possible from factory form. The factory springs are wet noodles. The 500/150 split is a nice setup especially pair with a bigger front bar. As for struts I have only had good experiences with koni's on my cars.

Last edited by camarokid91; 12-04-2015 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If I understand correctly Ridetech can do custom spring rates if you contact them, so you can get the set up dialed in for you and your car. Strano/koni wouldn't be bad either though.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

What's the price difference between the Ridetech and a Koni/Strano setup? Unless you don't plan to raise/lower you car a lot and if the Ridetech is more money I don't see a benefit going with Ridetech.

Put the Koni/Strano setup on and never touch it.

I went Koni/Strano and different bars primarily for autocross as well as I daily the car. I would only go to a coilover to be able to corner balance, and at this point the bility to corner balance the car is not worth the cost to switch. IMO corner balancing is the only added benefit.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 353 Likes on 266 Posts

Cant speak to the ride quality yet, I installed a set back in july but ran into some ecm issues that have prevented me from driving the car. I switched from QA1 coilovers up front and qa1 shocks and eibachs in the back.

the springs are hypercoils which you can get at different spring rates if you have a specific combo in mind, but I would ask a lot of questions before deciding as the shock itself is different than most used of what is used with the higher spring rate combos.

I know there was another board member that was running their level 2 setup on his drag setup and posted some videos and there is a thread with install pics as well. Said it drove great but I pmed him to ask some questions and never got a response. I spoke with Josh at ridetech several times about my previous setup and my disappointments with it for a street setup even though it was marketed as a performance & handling upgrade......

Im hoping to get my issues resolved over the winter and get back to tuning the engine and get some street time on the setup, but the limited amount of moving I was able to do with the car it felt quite a bit better than before, but I hadnt started to tweek the valving either.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I installed level 2 RideTech's this summer. I went with the standard spring rates and really happy I did. I run 295/35/18's all around the car handles amazing and has an awesome stance. Rides much more composed and comfortable than the stock spring\shock setup I was on. The entire package is superb quality and probably the best bang for your buck. I highly recommend talking to Strano and considering this setup.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:00 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by z28_theantirice
I installed level 2 RideTech's this summer. I went with the standard spring rates and really happy I did. I run 295/35/18's all around the car handles amazing and has an awesome stance. Rides much more composed and comfortable than the stock spring\shock setup I was on. The entire package is superb quality and probably the best bang for your buck. I highly recommend talking to Strano and considering this setup.
Damn, anything is better than stock suspension.

Just comes down to your budget and use of the car.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Like they were saying above, I can customize the spring rates and valving for what your goals are. If you tell me what your main purpose for the car is, I'll do my best to dial you in accordingly! I'll let the guys running my setup give their reviews on ride quality, performance, and how the install process went for them. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 12-11-2015, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28_theantirice
What are the "standard spring rates" for this set up, and does Ride Tech up the damper valving when you order higher springs rates??
Old 12-15-2015, 03:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

If you want to discuss the Ridetech stuff. Call me. I'm a Ridetech dealer. I've used Ridetech dampers and we can get you custom rates if you want to go stiffer than what they come with normally. I also have free shipping.

Aside from that we can discuss what your wants are vs. what the car needs to get that result vs. cost.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Ridetech Level 1/2..