Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What cool new stuff has UMI been up to? See inside!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 01:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Let's not get into anyone disliking me on UMI's thread.

The wheels are 18x11 all around. 315/30-18 BFG Rival S. I run the same on my car, but here's the catch, the offsets are different on my car vs. UMI's car. So when folks think that everyone runs the same thing, well... they're wrong.

I can build the wheels like I did UMI's, or mine, or something else if we deem that correct for the customers needs.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-08-2018, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Let's not get into anyone disliking me on UMI's thread.

The wheels are 18x11 all around. 315/30-18 BFG Rival S. I run the same on my car, but here's the catch, the offsets are different on my car vs. UMI's car. So when folks think that everyone runs the same thing, well... they're wrong.

I can build the wheels like I did UMI's, or mine, or something else if we deem that correct for the customers needs.
HAHA. I will go back and edit my previous comment. I meant no disrespect.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I didn't think so. It was about others jumping on the statement, this is, after all, the internet.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-08-2018, 03:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I didn't think so. It was about others jumping on the statement, this is, after all, the internet.
**** you know that's right.
Old 04-28-2018, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What has happened with the k-member with adjustable roll center?
Old 01-07-2019, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by The Batman
What has happened with the k-member with adjustable roll center?
The K-member is currently in this kit. Because of the changes it makes you need to run our a-arms as well, so for now we have only packaged it.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...oducts_id=1179
Old 01-08-2019, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear UMI,

I have a few ?'s, my car is mostly street, potentially some drag and some auto-x.

I recently purchased the following parts:

p/n 2336 (stock factory upper a-arm mount)

p/n 2311 (non-adjustable upper a-arm) -> is this version the new one that allows more travel? I also purchased it in the delrin bushing option. Would you consider this to be the best option in a non-adjustable? Does this option have more caster / the ball joint moved like the other upper a-arms?

p/n 2307 (Tubular front lower a-arm delrin with rod end single adjustable). I originally purchased the p/n 2309 because I preferred the boxed version better, however the option to have one end be delrin and one end be rod end was not an available option.

p/n 2326 (Road Race K-Member).
Is the 2311 in delrin suitable on the street and drag? Is the 2307 suitable on the street and in drag? Finally will these parts work well with 2326? I hope I'm not losing much going from the boxed double adjustable rod to the tubular single adjustable rod with delrin bushing.

Everything else on the car is single adjustable poly / roto. Everything attaching to the body is poly and everything that articulates on the suspension is roto joint (single adjustable on car). Would the delrin upper front in conjunction with the delrin / rod front lower be a good pair together?

Am I missing much without the adjustable upper a-arms? Can I use the 2311 front upper a-arm with delrin in conjunction with 2336 factory replacement mount?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited by blk97z28; 01-08-2019 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good morning. Thanks for the message.

For updates, we've just been racing the '99 all spring and summer until a week or two ago.

#5 and #7 pistons tried, rather successfully, to swap holes. Kaboom.

Product-wise not much new other than we've been selling a ton of Watts Links and getting good feeback. Also the rear weight jacks are doing well.

Not too familiar with those bars. If you want, you can email me a few pics to look at for ideas. ramey@umiperformance.com

ramey

Quick Reply: What cool new stuff has UMI been up to? See inside!