Old 02-03-2016, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Founders

Why is it cheaper than bar and umi
Old 02-04-2016, 05:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer your question. But I will say they make quality parts. I've gotten 2 sets of LCAs and relocation brackets and they do their job, and look good doing it!

One thing I did notice was that shipping took about 2 weeks or so both times, but everything was packaged well.

I can also say that they're strong. My poly poly lca got slammed into by a cavalier doing about 50 and survived. Car was parked in front of my house and got hit by a passing car. I had 1.5in wheel spacers, the guy pretty much hit my wheel and quarter panel from the rear dead on. Tail lights weren't broken, but the wheel moved so far forward on impact that it hit the front of the quarter and dented it.
Name:  IMG_0177.jpg
Views: 692
Size:  107.3 KB

That was the car before, I don't seem to have any pictures of the carnage.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its because Founders isn't marked up for resale. That and they have a way smaller product range meaning they have longer production runs of the same parts. Founders parts are nice quality having personally put them onto cars for people.
Old 02-04-2016, 06:30 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have their LCA relocation brackets. They look very nicely built and they fit like a glove.

Great prices.

Old 02-04-2016, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Try calling them or emailing them and asking (if they answer) what they recommend for your particular application and with what quality of materials they use, like US steel. Then try the others you mentioned and I think you'll have answered your own question.

I think Founders also requires the consumer to assemble their products if necessary.
Old 02-04-2016, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLSwon
Try calling them or emailing them and asking (if they answer) what they recommend for your particular application and with what quality of materials they use, like US steel. Then try the others you mentioned and I think you'll have answered your own question.

I think Founders also requires the consumer to assemble their products if necessary.
This. While I can't positively speak for any competitors, I can walk outside my office door and take picture of your parts being bent, welded, assembled and powdercoated here in the same building. From raw material to finished product, we do it all in house using all US high grade steel.
We also have staff familiar with every platform of vehicle we sell parts for that know the cars and products and know how to make your car work and what products suit your needs best

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by camfreak
Why is it cheaper than bar and umi
With the automation we have in our manufacturing facility right here in San Luis Obispo CA it's pretty easy to charge less compared to our competitors. Almost everything is automated including most of our tube notching / coping even being done with automated tube laser equipment. The only thing that really requires labor is our welding department and the loading of material onto the equipment.

We also refuse to set up a dealer network so everything is priced wholesale direct to you the end customer.

Coped tube ends for control arms.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I got loads of Founders parts on my car and they've all performed excellently and fit like they were OEM. I was shocked too when I first found them out and saw their pricing, but apparently I was just so used to overpaying for parts
Old 02-04-2016, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have their adjustable LCAs and panhard bar and love them. I also have my share of BMR and UMI parts on the car.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Are you saying that those tubes were cut on an automated tube laser? I have never seen a laser cut that had burrs like that. Maybe you need to sharpen the blade on your laser? Or maybe those ends were notched with an end mill?

Old 02-04-2016, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Are you saying that those tubes were cut on an automated tube laser? I have never seen a laser cut that had burrs like that. Maybe you need to sharpen the blade on your laser? Or maybe those ends were notched with an end mill?
I think bashing other consumers is away to not get me to buy your products, y'all have cutting edge technology that I was wanting to buy but bashing ones product shows immaturity and cockiness from what I researched their LCAs and panhard performs the same as yours was just wanting to know why they are cheaper
Old 02-04-2016, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah I dont know if I would totally call that bashing, kinda borderline isn't it. More clarification in a rude way probably lol. Either way I am curious to the answer, and glad there's competition in the fbody aftermarket world. But with that being said Founders is probably at the top of my list right under BMR when it comes time for me to buy my T/A solely based on price + quality in that order, its really a toss up that will come down to price so thats why I give Founders the edge.
Old 02-05-2016, 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Your dumbass rhetorical question just made my front suspension choice a lot easier.

You're a real asset to your company.
Old 02-05-2016, 09:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I'm sorry that I was trying to clarify some information? The picture posted is clearly not of a laser cut tube. If trying to post correct information is now considered bashing, I guess I better not post anything at all ever again.

I am really curious to get a clarification on this. The burrs and marks left on that tube are indicative of an iron worker, or a standard hole saw notching. I honestly don't care how they actually do it, but I just don't think it's fair to the customers on here to claim one process is being done when it clearly is not.

Old 02-05-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys some touchy *****. BMR sales might not be able to say much back to you guys. But Jesus Christ. You act like he insulted your stage 4 cancer surviving mother....

Go ahead and join the sales team business. You will hate people like yourself.
Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM
FormerVendor

I'm sorry that I was trying to clarify some information? The picture posted is clearly not of a laser cut tube. If trying to post correct information is now considered bashing, I guess I better not post anything at all ever again.

I am really curious to get a clarification on this. The burrs and marks left on that tube are indicative of an iron worker, or a standard hole saw notching. I honestly don't care how they actually do it, but I just don't think it's fair to the customers on here to claim one process is being done when it clearly is not.
I'm not sure about a sharpening of a blade but maybe the optical lens could stand to be adjusted or replaced. What you are seeing a little slag which will be cleaned off using our tumbling machines before they get welded.

Here's another photo of more of our laser cut tube.

Old 02-05-2016, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Founders Performance
I'm not sure about a sharpening of a blade but maybe the optical lens could stand to be adjusted or replaced. What you are seeing a little slag which will be cleaned off using our tumbling machines before they get welded.

Here's another photo of more of our laser cut tube.
The tubes in the second image were definitely cut with a laser. The tubes in the previous image were not cut with a laser.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-05-2016, 11:57 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by camfreak
I think bashing other consumers is away to not get me to buy your products, y'all have cutting edge technology that I was wanting to buy but bashing ones product shows immaturity and cockiness from what I researched their LCAs and panhard performs the same as yours was just wanting to know why they are cheaper

I don't think Eric was bashing anyone's products. Smart *** yes, bashing no.

When a guy shows you a picture of a red car and tells you that the car is black, you will probably correct the guy and tell him that it is red. I think that was Eric's main point. I apologize if we ruffled any feathers. Next time we will be more sensitive about that.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-05-2016, 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Suspension
Smart *** yes, bashing no.
Great representation of your company
Old 02-05-2016, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

When you ruffle my feathers you get the bird,
It's all good maybe you are seeing something different,anytime you cut metal with heat it will cause slack also known as brittle metal, I haven't had the pleasure with cutting with laser so don't know but surely he wouldn't lie about what he uses, haven't seen many complaints about their products

Quick Reply: Founders