Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

F body ABS delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who says no one on this forum drives their car in the snow...

Partially agree with you though, ABS is all about maintaining control. It gives the driver more confidence if they feel like they're still in control of the wheel versus no ABS where if you lose control of steering and then panic sets in and things go downhill from there
Old 03-06-2016, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove one of mine through 3 winters Regardless of the car, if I have trouble stopping on snow comming up to an intersection, I pull the e-brake to dig down under the snow and it helps me stop faster (on an abs car) even though the rear slides around. This method has saved my *** a few times. If others don't believe me, go find an empty parking lot next time it snows and try it out. Your car will stop faster IF you can maintain control by stomping the brakes on an abs car, then ripping the e-brake to dig down. I have driven a couple cars without abs in the snow and they stop faster beacause all 4 lock and dig in. Be fore warned, rippin the e-brake on snow will put you're as in a ditch if you don't know what you're doing. Practice in a parking lot. If the road slopes at all I wouldn't recommend it because the car will slide into the ditch if you're not careful. It is best for flat intersections, if you absolutely can't stop in time. Not sure it would help on ice though...
Old 12-01-2022, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Sorry bud but youre incorrect on several accounts here. OP please disregard the above post.
That's cool and all, but GM discontinued our rear wheel speed sensors, so it has to be done.

Quick Reply: F body ABS delete