Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ebay bolt-in SFC's and adjustable LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 08:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Default Ebay bolt-in SFC's and adjustable LCA's

SEE POST 19

I checked with a mod before making this post and will not put up links to the auctions.

I did quite a bit of searching to see if anyone has installed the Ebay bolt-in subframe connectors or adjustable LCA's and didn't find much so I thought I would post up. They're made by the same company that tons of people started buying their long tube headers when they first came out. I was originally going with non-adjustable LCA's from another company, but when they tacked on shipping they no longer became a deal to me so I kept searching and came across the package deal on Ebay that included adjustable LCA's and bolt-on SFC's for ~$220 shipped to my door.

The box was well packaged with molded foam and all hardware included was bagged. The LCA's are a dark red color and the subframes are black. I was SHOCKED at how heavy the SFC's were. I've been around F-body's and installed or seen them installed on plenty of cars and these were by far the beefiest I've encountered. They came with all mounting hardware and coated brackets that slide up inside the frame rails with welded nuts attached to them to make bolting the front on straightforward. The rear of the SFC's uses the same mount as the front LCA mount. Hoping to install all of this tomorrow so I will post some pics ones its up.

Last edited by ddnspider; 06-02-2016 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please do! Interested to see the brackets that you mentioned, that install inside of the frame rails. I've never heard about those before. Hope all goes well.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Just finished the install and got back from a test drive. The install was straightforward with the exception of having to trim a tab on 1 of the brackets that sits inside the frame rail. Otherwise no other comments as far as trouble with the install. I did contact the company and asked for some info about how the brackets sit inside the framerail and they sent me a lengthy email explaining which bracket was for what side of the car and some other tips so that was helpful. When I took out the stock LCA's I measured center to center on the holes and set the new LCA's to the same length splitting the distance that each adjustable end was unscrewed.

As far as differences on the first drive, as soon as I started the car up I noticed a difference before the car moved out of the driveway lol. The cam and exhaust previously gave the car a bit of a shake due to the healthy size of the cam, that is all gone now. The car feels much more solid over bumps now as well. I flashed the converter at ~20mph and previously there would be all sorts of drama even with the nittos out back and now an initial quick spin it just hooks and goes. So far I am very please. We'll see if I need to retighten anything after driving it a bit.
On to a couple photos:
Name:  20160318_093419.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  426.6 KB
Name:  20160318_093440.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  165.1 KB
Name:  20160318_114146.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  189.6 KB
Name:  20160318_114202.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  183.5 KB
Name:  20160318_114220.jpg
Views: 503
Size:  245.9 KB
Old 03-18-2016, 01:13 PM
TECH Addict

EBAY is a store not a BRAND, you can mention the name of the BRAND, just don't link to the ebay pages, you won't violate the forum rules by naming the brand of the parts. Infact, many of the sponsors on this site sell there products on Ebay.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:21 PM
10 Second Club

Meh, better safe than sorry. Pretty easy to search on ebay and fine out what brand they are.
I figured I saved at least 100 bucks compared to other brands and another 50-100 by getting bolt-on instead of welded.

Last edited by ddnspider; 03-18-2016 at 07:52 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:39 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's not a subframe connector... It is a jacking rail. It bolts to the rear LCA box which is nowhere near the rear subframe, not even the same piece of metal.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

While I agree with you they do not go subframe to subframe, all bolt-in SFC's I've ever seen from any sponsor use the same mounting location and there is a noticeable before/after different in chassis stiffness.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ssvert99
That's not a subframe connector... It is a jacking rail. It bolts to the rear LCA box which is nowhere near the rear subframe, not even the same piece of metal.
Give it up guys... Everyone that's installed this setup has noticed a difference. We get it! You guys have are the only ones that ever made a subframe connector for an F-body. I personally get turned off from a MWC purchase more every time I read your posts in a SFC thread.

Glad you're happy with your purchase OP! Looks better than what I'd imagine from a eBay ripoff suspension company. Although I'd definitely recommend using a vendor with a good reputation of customer service/warranties for future purchases.
Old 03-23-2016, 12:29 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks. I was leery at first too, but they had such a good reputation for their longtube headers and the price was enticing enough to give it a shot. I paid with a CC in the event that I opened the box and it was junk.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What did that entire setup cost you?
Old 03-24-2016, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
What did that entire setup cost you?
$220 shipped to my door. When you factor in shipping prices from other places/vendors; that's when it became a deal to me.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroLSwon
Give it up guys... Everyone that's installed this setup has noticed a difference. We get it! You guys have are the only ones that ever made a subframe connector for an F-body. I personally get turned off from a MWC purchase more every time I read your posts in a SFC thread.

It's all about education. Most of the people on this forum are in serious need of the knowledge we offer, and to not be purchasing parts that are not doing the job they are advertised or sold as.

We do not intend to turn people off by our efforts to get this community to understand the differences of the components that are available. I wish more people would chime in about these type of issues, or maybe do a little more research before posting so we don't have to but it just doesn't work that way.

Typically you get what you pay for... and people- PLEASE BUY USA!
Old 03-24-2016, 10:37 AM
10 Second Club

It's all about education. Most of the people on this forum are in serious need of the knowledge we offer, and to not be purchasing parts that are not doing the job they are advertised or sold as.

We do not intend to turn people off by our efforts to get this community to understand the differences of the components that are available. I wish more people would chime in about these type of issues, or maybe do a little more research before posting so we don't have to but it just doesn't work that way.

I appreciate a vendor who is willing to inform and explain instead of other vendors (cough Str@no) who craps on everything that isn't their product. I do appreciate the lesson on what is a true subframe for an F-car and if it was a drag car, I would be more than interested in your product as there is a reason plenty of racers use your stuff. Something you might consider is buying a kit like I bought which is likely a non-USA knockoff and post up a thread explaining the deficiencies or issues with the products. It might deter others from buying it in the future. I have little suspension/chassis experience and from my untrained eye, everything was thick-walled steel/alum and coated nicely so it would be tough for me to spot any issues.
Old 03-24-2016, 10:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

I sold my brand new bolt in SFC a week after I got them before I even installed them a while back after reading a post by you about true SFC in which when I am ready to purchase will be going with your setup
Old 03-24-2016, 12:42 PM
10 Second Club

linky?
Old 03-24-2016, 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Well theres some irony if ive ever seen any...
Old 03-24-2016, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

and anyone that has seen ANY and I do mean ANY thread that included talk of subframes would have seen this basic copy and paste "ours are the only true subframe" post and honestly it's getting to be a broken record, frankly it's a simple issue, yours HAVE to be welded in, most of the others can be bolted in place by the buyer then welded later if wanted and even if they aren't "true" subframe connectors they do still add stiffness to the chassis, not everyone has a welder in there garage and many of us like to do our own work so we go with things we can bolt in place.

personally I don't have any subframe connectors (planned at one point but never did) of any kind because I fear the car will be to stiff, I can feel a noticeably smoother ride when my t-tops are out vs in and I'm going to add that kind of stiffness to the car I don't think I would like the ride quality anymore.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:02 AM
10 Second Club

Just a heads up, any car I've ever had subframes on drove better not worse. It was a smoother ride with less shakes and rattles. You might consider a bolt in set so if you don't like them you can take them off.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:34 AM
10 Second Club

UPDATE- DO NOT BUY THE LOWER CONTROL ARMS. After a wopping 100 miles they started making quite a bit of noise when driving that I can recreate by hitting the center of the lower control arm with my hand when the car is parked. It seems like theres too much play between the ends and the center threaded rod and so the halves start moving against each other. I reached out to the vendor and told them how few miles the setup had on it and the problems and they basically blew me off and said they wouldn't do anything to help me. I still have no issues with the SFC's, but I am not happy with their LCA's.
Old 06-02-2016, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd just dump the adjustable LCAs for the stockers until you have a need for the adjustment and call it a day. To bad to hear that you aren't getting any support from the seller, but thats ebay for you.

Quick Reply: Ebay bolt-in SFC's and adjustable LCA's