Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Spohn and tsp headers!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spohn and tsp headers!?

has anyone used spohn body mounted torque arm with safety loop along with Tsp 1-7/8th long tube headers and Y pipe??? If so what did you modify to make them fit??
Old 05-20-2017, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tsp/Bmr no issues.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize this is a couple year old thread, but I have the same question, so I'm resurrecting it.

I need to replace the Jet Hot Headers and Y-pipe that were on my car and I'm attempting to find a set that will work with my existing Suspension setup.

Is there anyone who is successfully running the latest version of Texas Speed's Y-pipe with a Spohn Adjustable Chassis Mounted Torque Arm w/Driveshaft Loop for cars with Long Tube Headers?

It seems as though the merge on the Texas Speed Y-pipe takes up a lot of real estate in the area where the Cross Member & Driveshaft Loop are mounted to the underbody and I'd like to know if anyone has made this work or if I'm about to cause myself a lot of headache.

Here is a link to the Spohn piece...

https://www.spohn.net/shop/1998-2002...ersY-Pipe.html

Also, I would like to hear from anyone who has this Torque Arm, who is running Long Tube Headers and a Y-pipe. What setup are you using and how well does it fit around the crossmember of this Torque Arm? Photos would be wonderful, but I'm happy with whatever anyone is willing to share.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 97 Likes on 86 Posts

I have a spohn chassis mount torque arm, long tubes and off road y. My set up is probably a little more custom though. Granted I'm an LT car with a small block but I'm running hooker lt1 fourth gen headers. I picked up a SLP y and full exhaust from an LS car and cut up my driver side collector and the y a little to make it all fit very well. My merge is no where near an issue with the loop. I actually originally had the long tube cross member with no loop, but was able to get my exhaust tucked up far enough that I ordered the straight cross member with loop for added ground clearance and I had scored a S60 and drag radials. I'll dig through my pictures and see if I can't find some of the set up. If you need the long tube chassis mount I have it sitting in my cart I'd let go for pretty cheap.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by biketopia
I have a spohn chassis mount torque arm, long tubes and off road y. My set up is probably a little more custom though. Granted I'm an LT car with a small block but I'm running hooker lt1 fourth gen headers. I picked up a SLP y and full exhaust from an LS car and cut up my driver side collector and the y a little to make it all fit very well. My merge is no where near an issue with the loop. I actually originally had the long tube cross member with no loop, but was able to get my exhaust tucked up far enough that I ordered the straight cross member with loop for added ground clearance and I had scored a S60 and drag radials. I'll dig through my pictures and see if I can't find some of the set up. If you need the long tube chassis mount I have it sitting in my cart I'd let go for pretty cheap.
Yeah. My reply is a little late, but thank you biketopia.

If you're still willing to post pictures of your setup, I'd love to see them.

Thanks again.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

No worries, I can get you some pics but it will be next week. I'm headed out of town this afternoon.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by biketopia
No worries, I can get you some pics but it will be next week. I'm headed out of town this afternoon.
Next week would be awesome. Thank you.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mumbles
I realize this is a couple year old thread, but I have the same question, so I'm resurrecting it.

I need to replace the Jet Hot Headers and Y-pipe that were on my car and I'm attempting to find a set that will work with my existing Suspension setup.

Is there anyone who is successfully running the latest version of Texas Speed's Y-pipe with a Spohn Adjustable Chassis Mounted Torque Arm w/Driveshaft Loop for cars with Long Tube Headers?

It seems as though the merge on the Texas Speed Y-pipe takes up a lot of real estate in the area where the Cross Member & Driveshaft Loop are mounted to the underbody and I'd like to know if anyone has made this work or if I'm about to cause myself a lot of headache.

Here is a link to the Spohn piece...

https://www.spohn.net/shop/1998-2002...ersY-Pipe.html

Also, I would like to hear from anyone who has this Torque Arm, who is running Long Tube Headers and a Y-pipe. What setup are you using and how well does it fit around the crossmember of this Torque Arm? Photos would be wonderful, but I'm happy with whatever anyone is willing to share.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
I'm gonna answer my own question...

Yes. It appears this setup will work together with the latest Texas Speed Catted Y-pipe.

I test fit my 1 7/8" Texas Speed Headers this past weekend. (Note: Getting the Passenger side #2 Primary to not contact the K-member required a significant amount of clearancing.) I'm planning to have the headers coated, so prior to removing them, I mocked up the Y-pipe. I didn't have everything put together as it will be once the pieces become permanent, but I'm 99% sure there will be sufficient room for the merge without it coming in contact with the Underbody Brace/Torque Arm Mount and Driveshaft Loop.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good you got it figured out, I have been way to busy somehow to even fire the car up and move it around, let alone on the lift.

Quick Reply: Spohn and tsp headers!?