Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FINALLY the Strano/JD_AMG theory CONFIRMED

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 06:43 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,249 Posts

I was just contacted by JD_AMG via PM with the following message/information regarding proof of his identity (as not being Sam):

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Im uploading two pictures here.
One of me in front of my license plate/car, and one of my car during an auto-x event at family arena in st.charles - pictures taken by a local friend Jason Carey that runs a photo business in st.louis(look it up!), you can cleanly see the watermark.
Someone run the plates and tell me what comes up.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:59 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

I wanted to post another update on this:

I have corresponded with both JD_AMG and Sam Strano this evening, and it seems quite clear to me that they are NOT one in the same. JD_AMG has been very straight forward with me about his identity; I've seen his Facebook account as well as additional pictures and nothing seems suspicious at all. This is in addition to the chunk of my personal time that was spent reviewing the IP data - of which there was no sort of match or relationship shown between Sam and JD.

I don't wish to see this drama continue any further nor do I wish to cause any escalation, but I felt that being clear about the facts, as I have seen them, was in the best interest of all parties involved. It's my hope that this issue can be put to rest at this point.

-Admin.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I have just received the following message via PM from BMR Suspension:

"It’s no secret that over the years the Fourth Gen F-Body market has been a popular one. During that time many companies have released products and fought vehemently for their portion of the buying public’s support. Like the consumers, the manufacturers also have the same fiery passion that fuels everything we do as automotive enthusiasts. Although raw enthusiasm for the things we love in life should never be suppressed, sometimes it pushes us to do things and make decisions we normally wouldn’t, or simply shouldn’t. Yesterday, the passion got the best of us.

Over our time as a vendor on LS1Tech, BMR has had heated exchanges with other members and vendors—some quickly get brushed off, some have more lasting effects. Publicly, we made an accusation against a respected vendor and a respected member of this forum. Both of these members have the hobby at heart when they post information to support their customers, or simply help a fellow enthusiast.

I would like to personally apologize for making these false accusations about Sam Strano and JD_AMG on LS1Tech and Facebook. We were wrong to post what we did. During a lapse in judgment fueled by our passion for our brand, we acted based on emotion and not factual information. I doubt this will end the heated debates between the companies and people involved, but hopefully we will be able to put this matter behind us, so everyone can focus on the enthusiasts and hobby we all love so much.

We would also like to apologize Darth_V8r. These events took away from a great thread with very useful information for a lot of members. I apologize that your thread was where this started.

Respectfully,

Allan Miller
President, BMR Suspension"

Quick Reply: FINALLY the Strano/JD_AMG theory CONFIRMED