Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI Releases New Product- Adjustable Front Upper A-arm Mounts for the 93-02 F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 11:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thumbs up UMI Releases New Product- Adjustable Front Upper A-arm Mounts for the 93-02 F-Body

UMI Releases New Product- Adjustable Front Upper A-arm Mounts for the 1993-2002 Camaro & Firebird.

P/N 2335 for coilovers
P/N 2336 for stock style shocks
Priced at $219.99/pair
UMI Performance, Inc. is proud to announce the release of our new 4th Gen Camaro/Firebird fabricated adjustable upper a-arm mounts. These mounts replace the rust-prone factory style mounts with an easy bolt-in solution. The UMI mounts feature adjustable pickup points to help optimize roll center height and camber gain. UMI 2336 is designed to work with factory style stud mount tops and retains the GM factory ride height. The UMI 2335 features a double shear competition style mount (½” dia, 1-½” width) and fits most bearing mounted competition shocks. These race-tested mounts are 100% designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question- if the car is lowered and the 2 alignment shops I have taken it too say I need aftermarket LCA/a arms to get it right, would this be a solution instead?

The shops say they can’t get the camber/caster, I get confused, 100% because the stock control arms are not adjustable.

fhanks for any help/input
Old 09-04-2018, 09:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Murphy2002
Question- if the car is lowered and the 2 alignment shops I have taken it too say I need aftermarket LCA/a arms to get it right, would this be a solution instead?

The shops say they can’t get the camber/caster, I get confused, 100% because the stock control arms are not adjustable.

fhanks for any help/input
Hello, The mounts could allow some negative camber and will help improve camber gain but I think adjustable upper a-arms would the trick for you. They can be shortened to decrease positive camber and can be tilted some to add caster if needed.

http://umiperformance.com/catalog/in...roducts_id=172

I hope this helps some
Old 09-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Teching In

Okay. I kind of wanted to steer away from a arms. Would lcas do the trick?

Attached is is my latest alignment sheet. They did a good job, but I still feel some pulling. Also, car seems to hop a good bit going over numbs. Getting an occasional vibration on the interstate between 60-90mph ( not all the time )

car is lowered a good bit, with 275/17s on the front and 315/17s on the rear. I believe it has a pdb, but not certain. Has yellow struts and white springs installed in 06, but only 58k miles total on the car.

Just picked it it up a few weeks ago, so I am learning the car.

Anh recommendations to getting it running smoother?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Teching In

Could someone from UMI give me a buzz and talk over the phone?

803-360-7960

thanks!!!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Murphy2002
Could someone from UMI give me a buzz and talk over the phone?

803-360-7960

thanks!!!
you should probably call them, that's just how it goes
Old 09-05-2018, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no expert a alignments but from the specs I can see possibly tell you that all they did was adjust toe. Then camber specs flopped sides, if it's pulling to one side try switching the front tires from side to side.. if the pull moves then it's a tire issue. If it doesn't move it's likely the caster issue, more negative caster will have the car pull to that side, of course in conjunction with camber but your camber specs look the be very close to each other .1. I'm currently having the same issue with vibration at highway speeds, noticed my upper a-arms ball joints are bad so those are what I'm thinking of getting 1st to see if it fixes my issue with vibration. Still debating on getting moog ball joints or just spend $$$ on upper a-arms. Hope that helps. Like i said I'm not an expert at this, maybe some one can chime in with more knowledge. I also have new upper mounts and Koni shocks.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Quick question. I currently have Viking coil overs... would you be able to send the coil over mtop mount with the purchase of the coil top? Or is it sold separately?
Old 09-06-2018, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cancam99ss
Quick question. I currently have Viking coil overs... would you be able to send the coil over mtop mount with the purchase of the coil top? Or is it sold separately?
Good morning. We can break everything down and sell most parts however you'd like. Hit us at support@umiperformance.com for fastest service.

Thanks!