Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano/Koni SA upper perch vs lower perch with pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Strano/Koni SA upper perch vs lower perch with pics

For anyone wondering about the difference in front ride heights.

02 Camaro SS
Forgestar CF5s 18x9.5 18x11
275/35 front & 305/35 rear tires

Strano springs with Koni SA shocks
heater hose mod for rear springs

Before and after is for the Konis on the higher perch and lower.

Old 01-20-2020, 06:09 PM
On The Tree

Old 01-23-2020, 07:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 95 Likes on 75 Posts

Stance is perfect!!
Old 01-26-2020, 12:38 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I really like those wheels on your car. I want/need to get new wheels and tires, but I'm just not sure how I feel about black. I've never had a car with black wheels. I think black would look good on my car. It's quasar blue with a black hardtop, black mirrors and limo tint and I think black wheels would blend well with all of that stuff. Black wheels seem to have a tendency to disappear under certain conditions. Did you go through Sam for the wheels?
Old 01-26-2020, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BTC
I really like those wheels on your car. I want/need to get new wheels and tires, but I'm just not sure how I feel about black. I've never had a car with black wheels. I think black would look good on my car. It's quasar blue with a black hardtop, black mirrors and limo tint and I think black wheels would blend well with all of that stuff. Black wheels seem to have a tendency to disappear under certain conditions. Did you go through Sam for the wheels?
Yep.. I had the same concern too. It’s really hard to get them on a picture but that might be because my car is bright red so the contrast is a lot for an I phone camera to handle..? They do look a lot better in person.

I wanted them machined but they stopped making the CF5s with that option.

I went through a vendor on here named 8ball but Sam is a forgestar dealer as well.

Old 01-27-2020, 12:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The cf5's look great on your car, im kinda torn between them and the f14's myself. I see you said they don't make the cf5 in the brushed finish anymore? If that's the case I will probably just go with brushed f14's
Old 01-28-2020, 03:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
The cf5's look great on your car, im kinda torn between them and the f14's myself. I see you said they don't make the cf5 in the brushed finish anymore? If that's the case I will probably just go with brushed f14's
Thank you... they’re very easy to keep clean too which is nice.

I considered the f14s but I couldn’t find them on fbodys and I wasn’t sure how they would look.
Old 01-28-2020, 06:36 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I've also considered the F14, but my personal opinion is that the five spokes look much better, at least on the Camaros. There are some installed pics of the F14s around. There are probably more pics of that wheel than the CF5. I wish polished was still an option. I guess you could always get blanks and polish them yourselves.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 35thanni
Thank you... they’re very easy to keep clean too which is nice.

I considered the f14s but I couldn’t find them on fbodys and I wasn’t sure how they would look.
I have actually seen quite a few pics of f14's on fbodys and they look good, I actually typically can't find pics of cf5's on fbodys.

Originally Posted by BTC
I've also considered the F14, but my personal opinion is that the five spokes look much better, at least on the Camaros. There are some installed pics of the F14s around. There are probably more pics of that wheel than the CF5. I wish polished was still an option. I guess you could always get blanks and polish them yourselves.
I kind of agree with you typically I like 5 spoke wheels on camaro's the only thing I don't like about the cf5's are the lack of a lip. Really wish I could find some nice deep dish 5 spoke wheels for cheap besides the c5 deep dish wheels im currently running.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

The car looks great, thanks for the pics! I am a Forgestar dealer too, can easily take care of wheels. Note that Brushed is an option but a fairly costly one. There is an Anodized Aluminum coating that is a no-cost option, that might interest some folks more. If you want a wheel with a lip, well Weld RTS71's are pretty nice for that. I have those too. And CCW, and Forgeline, etc.

I have a few pics of some cars on CF5's. Not all are super glamour shots though.

13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-29-2020, 07:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
The car looks great, thanks for the pics! I am a Forgestar dealer too, can easily take care of wheels. Note that Brushed is an option but a fairly costly one. There is an Anodized Aluminum coating that is a no-cost option, that might interest some folks more. If you want a wheel with a lip, well Weld RTS71's are pretty nice for that. I have those too. And CCW, and Forgeline, etc.
hmmm an Anodized aluminum coating?? Any pics of this coating? I would definitely be interested since I don't want to pay the extra $600 or so for the brushed look
Old 01-29-2020, 07:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by quiet_storm98
hmmm an Anodized aluminum coating?? Any pics of this coating? I would definitely be interested since I don't want to pay the extra $600 or so for the brushed look

Old 01-30-2020, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

o ok I've seen the silver finish I thought maybe there was some new finish I didn't know about
Old 01-30-2020, 12:27 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Silver and anodized silver are not the same finish. The silver finish is that color but without that kind of pearlescent looking effect. Anodized is as close as you're going to get to a brushed without paying extra money for that coating.

Also a reminder. Prices on custom wheels are going up next week. That means any order for something like this that goes in up until the close of business on Friday is at current pricing. Come Monday they're going up. I don't even know exactly how much yet because I don't have the exact pricing structure. But I got a new price sheet and the retail and all that stuff has increased. Which means the price of custom wheels is going to increase.

hand in hand with that is they're going to start making more pre-made production type sets. But at this point I don't know what the sizing of those is going to be or what the offset of those is going to be or what colors are going to be stocked. Those are actually supposedly going to be a little bit less money than current. But again I haven't seen the actual pricing. And if you want a color that is not the norm. And the most common colors are the two blacks, and gunmetal, then this could well affect you.

Remember I'm your friendly neighborhood Forgestar dealer

Old 01-31-2020, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Silver and anodized silver are not the same finish. The silver finish is that color but without that kind of pearlescent looking effect. Anodized is as close as you're going to get to a brushed without paying extra money for that coating.

Also a reminder. Prices on custom wheels are going up next week. That means any order for something like this that goes in up until the close of business on Friday is at current pricing. Come Monday they're going up. I don't even know exactly how much yet because I don't have the exact pricing structure. But I got a new price sheet and the retail and all that stuff has increased. Which means the price of custom wheels is going to increase.

hand in hand with that is they're going to start making more pre-made production type sets. But at this point I don't know what the sizing of those is going to be or what the offset of those is going to be or what colors are going to be stocked. Those are actually supposedly going to be a little bit less money than current. But again I haven't seen the actual pricing. And if you want a color that is not the norm. And the most common colors are the two blacks, and gunmetal, then this could well affect you.

Remember I'm your friendly neighborhood Forgestar dealer
aww dang that sucks to hear I just hope they don't go up too much as im looking to buy a set either later this year or early next year.

Quick Reply: Strano/Koni SA upper perch vs lower perch with pics