Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Questions about Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about Lowering

Not sure this is in the right spot but ....

I will have my car back in a matter of weeks now.

I decided to go with Eibach Sportline - I knew before I bought them that it is gonna be pretty damn low and am gonna face a few problems.

Now on for the questions:

Sub-frame connectors:
* what brand?
* what brand is going to be the best with the car sitting as low as it is going to be
* weld-on or bolt on
* also after looking at a few websites and brands .... which is better to go with .... BMR or Kenny Brown or SLP - I guess I am more asking which design is better to go with and which is gonna be able to go on my car with out causing more of a clearance problem

Shocks:
* what brand would be the best to run with the lowering springs that I bought
* Bilstein -- yes or no?
* Koni -- yes or no?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2004, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

check out my pics in the thread below(the "lowering car" thread)...i believe they are welded in bmr sfcs......i don't know about shocks, i have the kyb and not a big fan, but don't have anything to compare them too......
Old 07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Your car looks good -- same color as my 2002 .... only difference is I have limo tinted windows on mine!
Old 07-21-2004, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver02ls1
Your car looks good -- same color as my 2002 .... only difference is I have limo tinted windows on mine!
it looks good from ten feet!.....lot of minor issues, but i got a deal on it so i can't complain. i ran it once right when i got it and was hoping for 12's but the best i could manage was a 13.1 with a 1.9 60' now i have a swaybar in the back and hopefully i can find someone to tune it to see if i can break 12s as it is......
Old 07-21-2004, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

what mod's are done to the car?

I got a hell of a deal on mine when I bought it ... then again I feel like I ripped the dealership off in a way - haha!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would get BMR Tubular SFC's, and Strano or SLP Bilstein shocks.... but thats just me
Old 07-21-2004, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver02ls1
what mod's are done to the car?

I got a hell of a deal on mine when I bought it ... then again I feel like I ripped the dealership off in a way - haha!
mostly suspension stuff.....plus a fast toys ram air and 3.73 gears in an auburn carrier........i pry paid about what i should have: it's had bodywork and a history....it looks like someone got half way into making it a strip car and then said nuts to it(a lot of weight is gone).....it may have had nitrous on it at one point and i know when the guy before me bought it, it had 4.10 gears, which is nuts on an a4......just over 60k miles and i got it for $7,500...he had a '98ss exhaust on it but it sounded like crap so i put a purple horny on it for now.......i don't think the a/f mix is right, the maf was descreened and i've heard that'll screw up the auto cars.......i've only had it for a couple months.......did you get yours new?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

that's funny, i just went over to that gmvsford sight...i bought milo(one wicked element)'s car.....super nice guy........i know how he felt selling it because i felt that when when i sold my 94z two years ago!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jdustu
mostly suspension stuff.....plus a fast toys ram air and 3.73 gears in an auburn carrier........i pry paid about what i should have: it's had bodywork and a history....it looks like someone got half way into making it a strip car and then said nuts to it(a lot of weight is gone).....it may have had nitrous on it at one point and i know when the guy before me bought it, it had 4.10 gears, which is nuts on an a4......just over 60k miles and i got it for $7,500...he had a '98ss exhaust on it but it sounded like crap so i put a purple horny on it for now.......i don't think the a/f mix is right, the maf was descreened and i've heard that'll screw up the auto cars.......i've only had it for a couple months.......did you get yours new?
I bought mine right off the show room floor in May of 2002 .... I was WAY too picky and searched and searched and was told how picky I was and that I needed to lower my standards but hey I am the one dishing out the monthy payment so I am gonna be picky if I want.

I was in the market for a SS at first but then it came down to I just didnt want to fork out the extra $$ for a few more ponies (IMO).

As you saw I am an active member over on GMvsFORD.com. I havent seen Milo around lately but from what I know of him he seems pretty nice!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

active is an understatement!
Old 07-21-2004, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

yes I know I am the #1 poster over there hahaha!

Quick Reply: Questions about Lowering