Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

For the stock height peeps

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2024 | 08:42 PM
Teching In

So far my biggest bang for buck mod has been the torque arm, I did that alone by itself and that was a major improvement, even tho mine is non adjustable

Last edited by arctic00ss; 07-29-2024 at 06:02 AM.
Old 07-31-2024 | 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by arctic00ss
So far my biggest bang for buck mod has been the torque arm, I did that alone by itself and that was a major improvement, even tho mine is non adjustable
What’d it do for you?
Old 07-31-2024 | 08:40 PM
Teching In

The hook factor, definite traction tool
The following users liked this post:
Y2K_Frenzy (07-31-2024)
Old 07-31-2024 | 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by arctic00ss
The hook factor, definite traction tool
Gotcha.
Old 08-06-2024 | 01:07 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

You will also notice less nose dive under hard braking.
Old 08-06-2024 | 01:11 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

[QUOTE=Y2K_Frenzy;20568078]Mine is just a street cruiser and I’m at the point in my life where lowering springs don’t sound fun anymore so stock springs it is. My little setup so far consists of: urethane sway bar bushings and end links, a poly torque arm bushing (couldn’t find a rubber & mine was bad), Koni Str.t shocks, oem springs with ‘03/‘04 Cobra spring isolators on the rears to lower it some to take a little up wheel well gap. In the rear it has a set of Founders Performance rear control arms with the “fancy” 3 piece bushings as well as their non adjustable panhard bar. The shocks were the most recent and they made a world of difference. Prior to the STR.T’s I had blown fronts and new KYB Excel G’s on the rear. The KYB’s were ok but not as good as the STR.T. The first mod I did was the lower control arms and they “shored up” the rear a whole lot even with lack luster shocks. No wheel hop & tracks straight when launching and the rear goes where you want it to around a corner. The theory behind the bushings is being able launch well at the drags while not binding in the corners. I think it works, I have the same type one another car as well but they’re sold under a different name. Probably maybe the non adjustable panhard bar helped some. It came after the LCA’s. It migh be a tad be “tighter” feeling.
All in all I’m pleased with how the setup turned out. The ride doesn’t beat you to death and it handles well enough to say that it’s a decent enough handling car. What’s the trade-off with larger sway bars? More noise? Wear and tare?
Better than a hose

There is almost no tradeoff for sway bars and the difference is HUGE. If your shocks are poopoo, you will lose a touch of ride comfort. If not (Bilsteins or Konis), ride actually improves with the handling. Sway bars and shocks should be the first mod for these cars...immense difference.

Quick Reply: For the stock height peeps