Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!

my BMR trak pak torque arm snapped on street tires while on the street... after about 10 12.3-12.4 runs at the track a few weeks before

it broke the bar right at the center bars weld (the weak spot)

what can be done or am i just SOL? my entire car is BMR'd out (minus the front end which will be soon especially if this is resolved) and after this happened i see posts on the board where other ppl have broken there BMR things.

I hate posting this but BMR blew me off and i don't weant other ppl to get stuck being a bunch of new parts because there BMR can't handle a 12 second NEAR STOCK ls1
Old 09-05-2004, 12:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you got anypics of where it broke or can you get some id like ot see what you talking about i been running the trac pake over a year and no problems only thing i keep breaking is my pinon gear i nthe rear end
Eddie
Old 09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
Banned

If they were to not fix this or send you a new one (as this could somehow be a fluke) then i doubt i could sell BMR at my shop anymore... But i always give the manufacturor a chance to step up the plate and make good on things like this, and when they do, it makes them look that much better for it (i.e. AP engineerings recents changes after problems makes them look even better than before they had the problems)
Old 09-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Teching In

BMR is getting hit by Frances right now. Pretty much all of Florida is shut down at the moment. I'm sure they will take care of any problem you may have after this is over.
Old 09-05-2004, 03:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Half Fast
BMR is getting hit by Frances right now. Pretty much all of Florida is shut down at the moment. I'm sure they will take care of any problem you may have after this is over.
i PM'd them about 2 weeks ago with no responce.

Old 09-05-2004, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

2 weeks ago- the day they posted the 10.98 run on the sprayed GTO
Old 09-05-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

i just wanted to give them enough time tofigure out somethig to do. i would of been happy to pay for some of it but they wouldn't even return my PM.... is this what i shold expect out of a company like this that i've plugged NON STOP for the last year?
Old 09-05-2004, 04:28 PM
10 Second Club

that sucks that happend man. i whould call them and ask ot tal kot frank he is the main tech guy and very frindly to talk to. he can point you in the right direction.
like i said i have had my trac pak on for over a year lots of hard rough miles on it and no problems, and i too have all other bmr stuff on my car minus the front end stuff.
i whould call probly be the best way ot get in touch than pming them
Eddie
Old 09-05-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silverZ98
i whould call them and ask ot tal kot frank

HAhaha whaaaat?! lol just messing with you man
Old 09-05-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

i called and they quoted me $465 for the extreme. said they cannot do anything since i don't have the reciept
Old 09-05-2004, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear this early was about to do damn near the whole car in BMR I've been saving my pennies for a long time but I guess I'll buy from somebody else to bad they didn't jump on fixing your stuff. Good Luck
Old 09-05-2004, 06:57 PM

Same here, post up what happens. I was going to do the whole car BMR. But now maybee not. I have the STB & SFC's was about to arder LCA's when I saw this post. I would call them & who you purchased the parts from. The vendor may have better luck than you. I can't believe they would not just send you a new one. Probably costs them $20.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

They won't even swap you the broken one for a new one? WTF? Definitely call whoever you bought this from, they should have records of the transaction. I'm pretty sure you can get a copy of the receipt from them. Especially if they operate a website. I've heard a ton of good things about BMR, this is the first time I've seen them shaft somebody straight up. I hope this gets straightened out, and they help you out. Presuming the piece was installed right, then they should definitely be replacing it for you. From the facts we have so far, this is definitely looking poorly on BMR right now.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

i'm now going to Spohn. i have the spohn torque arm and its BEEFY!

never again will BMR get my money. i've already called them and PM'd them... no responce for a long time (giving them time so they don't get another bad rap on this board) but enough was enough. i just don't want others to make the same mistake i did.

it killed my $350 drive shaft, pinion yoke on the 9 inch (don't know a cost but looks like a Moser one will be $124), and 28 for Moroso U-joint girdles.

all in all, i think this has been a very sour experiance in my mouth toward BMR
Old 09-06-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've been trying to decide between BMR and Spohn, I guess Spohn it is...
Old 09-06-2004, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

This is not the first time I have heard of BMR stuff breaking...

When I get money, I am going with Spohn stuff.

I am sure BMR will make everything ok, just get some information of the sale and try to just swap it with them.

-Todd
Old 09-06-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Gloveperson
This is not the first time I have heard of BMR stuff breaking...

When I get money, I am going with Spohn stuff.

I am sure BMR will make everything ok, just get some information of the sale and try to just swap it with them.

-Todd
the person i got it formcan't find where he bought it fom

i wouldn't trust another one anyway. if a 12.3 car can brake it while on street tires ON THE STREET, how would you feel with slicks dumping at 6600?
Old 09-07-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
the person i got it formcan't find where he bought it fom

i wouldn't trust another one anyway. if a 12.3 car can brake it while on street tires ON THE STREET, how would you feel with slicks dumping at 6600?
Hate to burst your bubble but DAMMMMMNNNN!!!! 12.3 in a near stock car??? What kind of 60 fts are you cutting? You must be launching the crap out of that car! Automatic or manual? stall?

I am running 12.6s in my cam and bolt ons setup with a 2.0 60ft. I might not be the best driver out there but keep in mind I am dynoing 380rwhp and added 373s to the equation. You could be beating my times with 40 less horsepower if not more. This is causing a lot of driving abuse to the car.

Awesome times . Not a hater, but you must understand that your are driving your car beyond its expected potentials and this is what could happen.

Please give us your 60 ft times and 1/8 time.
Good luck
Old 09-07-2004, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Make sure and keep us updated, I'm also looking at BMR items over the winter..although I can understand their hesitance to help since you cannot show when or where it was bought....I'd sure hate to see one go though, right above my DUALS...
Old 09-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
I am running 12.6s in my cam and bolt ons setup with a 2.0 60ft. I might not be the best driver out there but keep in mind I am dynoing 380rwhp and added 373s to the equation. You could be beating my times with 40 less horsepower if not more. This is causing a lot of driving abuse to the car.

Awesome times . Not a hater, but you must understand that your are driving your car beyond its expected potentials and this is what could happen.
I've seen other people make a similar argument when BMR stuff breaks; racing is hard on a car so don't expect much from the parts you buy. Well yes, racing is tough on all parts of the car and breakage is expected. It can happen. BUT when you pay money for something like an "Xtreme" torque arm that the manufacturer advertises will survive, and I quote "anything you can throw at it" and be "bulletproof" enough for an 8 second car, that's what the customer should be able to expect. That's why they buy 9" rear ends; because it can take more than a 10 bolt can take.

If they can't replace it because you don't have the bill, well that's one thing. I just don't want to be too quick to let BMR off the hook for this.

Quick Reply: BMR TRACK PACK T/A broke!!!!