Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bilstein Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Red face Bilstein Shocks

Just got them in, but something is real fishy

The boxes they came in were pretty beat up...thats fine I understand it must move around in shipping

The B46-1914 seems like everything is good and they are a brand new set, but the B46-1913 there is def a problem, the boxes are really beat up and it looks like parts are missing.
#1 directions came with 1 shock but not the other?
#2 I got some other parts with 1 of them that I didn't get with the other which really makes me believe someone returned these and I ended up with them.

So if someone can do me the huge favor of telling me what parts are supposed to come with each shock would be great.

Here is what I have so far.

So how many parts am I missing? It looks like the 1914s are fine, but I just want to make sure, the 1913s are def messed up
Old 10-04-2004, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Where did you order them from?
Old 10-04-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Addict

arghhh a place on EBAY that had like a 99% positive feedback (but I ordered from them direct instead of the EBAY listing)

I tried getting some forum sponsors if they could match it since it was like $50 cheaper, but that didn't happen. For $306 to my door, I had to get it.

But this is annoying becuase I def won't pay for them since it seems some of my parts are missing....Just want to verify that some came with everything....And I can't read the instructions because they are in German, and the box says Germany
Old 10-04-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Addict

Sam Strano has them for $320. Seems like you got the typical Ebay money savings. I would just send them back and support a forum sponsor.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Strano has them for $330 plus shipping, I got them for $306 shipped
If a sponsor were to match that or come close I sure would buy from a sponsor. If any sponsor reading this wants to match this price i'll order from you and return these to whoever I bought it from.

I don't think I got the "typical EBAY listing" because I bought it through their web site and not the listing because I don't like EBAY, so maybe I just picked a bad company to buy from.

But back to my original question, are there any parts missing? It seems as if 3 of the shocks are fine and unused, but I would like to make sure so I can take care of this with the company I bought it from
Old 10-04-2004, 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sometimes, you get what you pay for.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Sometimes, you get what you pay for.

Yeah I know, just like the time I got a TC from TBYRNE on a huge group purchase and I saved a ton and its been working perfectly ever since
Old 10-04-2004, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

No sponsor is willing to match Ebay prices; it's really not feasible from a business standpoint...I don't see Ebay supporting the site you are on. You did get what you paid for in this case.

Is $50 savings worth the hassles of not knowing if your parts are in perfect condition and contain all pertinent parts?

Sorry that I can't answer your question as far as missing parts.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Yeah I know, just like the time I got a TC from TBYRNE on a huge group purchase and I saved a ton and its been working perfectly ever since
Whoa, huge revelation there man. Hence why I used the qualifying term "sometimes." However, last time I checked, Tbyrne is a sponser, right? Who did you buy these from again?
Old 10-04-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

I'll say it one last time...I found the company from an EBAY listing, went to their web site and bought it directly from the web site...So no I did not get it from EBAY, just a company who happens to advertise on EBAY

the web site is www.bimmerparts.com
anyone can get their prices, just have to submit a request and you get an e-mail like a day or 2 later......They specialize in BMWs I assume from their name, so same as our sponsors specialize in F-bodies, and vettes they don't list the price of parts for BMW, but certainly can get the part....which is the same exact thing I did with this company

*EDIT* if you go to their site you can put a package together for $307.xx, I wish I would have found this earlier because TBYRNE would have matched that price, but he didn't want to match the package price they gave me because it was in e-mail format which is understandable

Last edited by 2002 Trans Am; 10-04-2004 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2004, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Whoa, huge revelation there man. Hence why I used the qualifying term "sometimes." However, last time I checked, Tbyrne is a sponser, right? Who did you buy these from again?
Being on this site for a while, I have read quite a few posts of fucked up sponsors.....anyone remember TCS, Bauer or the others who have run off with our money? Being a site sponsor here doesn't mean your the best company in the world.

I have spent thousands of dollars with our sponsors, this is the 1st time I didn't buy something from them, and its simply because I was saving around $40 or $50, if 1 of them would have matched or come close I would have purchased from them
Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Addict

I would still suggest sending them back to BimmerParts and buying from TByrne or whomever, since you said he will match.
Old 10-04-2004, 07:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ZaneO
I would still suggest sending them back to BimmerParts and buying from TByrne or whomever, since you said he will match.

I will try to return them def now that I have found a direct link to the price....I just hope not to run into any problems with this company...I would rather not get my crecit card involved, but if I have to I will.

Its funny that everything I have ordered outside of TBYRNE and Thunder Racing has had some type of problem
Old 10-04-2004, 07:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2002 Trans Am
Being on this site for a while, I have read quite a few posts of fucked up sponsors.....anyone remember TCS, Bauer or the others who have run off with our money? Being a site sponsor here doesn't mean your the best company in the world.
I'm in 100% agreeance with you on this point. Just b/c you pay for sponsership here, doesn't earn you my trust. Dealing with you over the course of time, getting pretty good deals, good customer service, sending me exactly what I paid for, on time, every time. THATS what earns my trust and respect.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

I can vouch that Texas Speed is a great sponsor. That gives you another option.
Old 10-04-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The last pic is missing what the 2nd to last one has. You are only missing that bushing and that gold looking piece, both are needed.
Old 10-06-2004, 03:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Old 10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Addict

Actually Bimmerparts is sending me a new one with a pre-paid return shipping box.

Took all of 10 minutes and a few e-mails to explain whats missing for him to get me a new one.

I guess I can't complain about them too much, they didn't hassle me at all with the exchange and paid for return shipping so they are fixing everything up like they should
Old 10-07-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well thats good that it worked out. At least your not stuck with a bummerpart
Old 10-07-2004, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2MuchRiceMakesMeSick
Well thats good that it worked out. At least your not stuck with a bummerpart
Boooooo!

-Mike

Quick Reply: Bilstein Shocks