Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Slp sfc's?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 03:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp sfc's?

i have been reading some post that the diamond type sfc can cause issues with lt's has anyone had problems with installing lts while there slp sfc's are on? im looking at picking up some here pretty soon but don't want to run into any problems when i install my lt's..
Old 01-09-2005, 05:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

No problem's with my SLP SFC's bolt on's and my LT's it's a great mod you'll really like the improved handling.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, the SLP subframes are AWESOME - they stiffen both front to back and side to side as they tie into the Tunnel Brace under the car. I used the bolt-in ones so I could do them myself and bolted them in place with a stronger BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Loop and it is all good! Heavy guage boxed tubing - as good as it gets. I have QTP LT's with their all 3 inch catted Y and although in at least one spot the clearance is down to about half an inch - nothing is in jeopardy of touching. Don't be afraid of the bolt-ins either - all the necessary hardware is included and when torqued down properly and thread loc is used - you won't have any issues. There was a guy on one of the boards in the past few days who has a brand new set that he never got around to installing and now he has sold/traded his car. Do a search in the 'For Sale' sections - that is how I picked mine up and paid about $250 shipped - save close to $100 over straight from SLP. Good luck!
Old 01-12-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Resident

I just got a set from TByrne Motorsports on his "clearance sale". I got them for a really good price.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:35 PM
12 Second Club

I just ordered a set of BMR tubular ones from EAD so I wouldn't have any clearance issues. Tim had the best price on these that I could find anywhere.
Old 01-12-2005, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the SLP DD's subframes(bolt-in) for over 2 years now. They've worked great for me. My exhaust setup is as follows:

Hooker LT's
TSP true Duals

The TD's fit perfect with the SLP DD subframes....I recommend them. Only thing i would consider swapping out to is the kenny brown DD weld ins
Old 01-13-2005, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default SLP boxed SFC

I bought a set of the SLP boxed weld in SFC's and they are the bomb..could tell a big difference in the way that the car drove right away...got them for $100 from a guy that forgot he had them and sold his car and was doing a garage clean up and found them. I think that they list for like $250+ so at $100 they were a bargain...They are the same as the bolt ins just came without nuts bolts and hardware to put them on....I like the way they tie into the tunnel brace in the center of the car...cost me $112 to have them welded in...GM should have built these cars with them to start with..
Old 01-13-2005, 08:32 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Kooks headers clear my SLPs without issue. The y-pipe was close to touching in one area, but it never did contact it.

It is nice being able to jack up my car on one side, have both wheels off the ground, and the other side raise up as well. They are stiff as hell, and make a great jacking point.

Quick Reply: Slp sfc's?