Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What springs for my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 03:26 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default What springs for my setup?

I'm looking for a spring that will lower my car about 1 to 1.5 inches. I won't ever autocross or open track the car, all I do is just drag race a couple times a year with a bunch of street racing mixed in. I will be running 17x9.5 ZR1's up front with 17x11 ZR1's in the rear. For suspension, I currently have BMR subframes, UMI LCAs with LCA brackets and will be putting on a UMI panhard and torque arm in the spring.

I plan on making 400rwhp with my setup in the spring, so keep in mind I don't want to sacrifice much traction (though I will be running Nitto DR's 365 days a year). I'm also very worried I'll get a lot more axle hop by lowering the car as well, but I want to drop it just a little to take up some of the gap from the wheels, especially with the 11's on the rear. This is also my daily driver, so I don't want a bone-shattering ride.

From what I have seen, the BMR or H&R claim to have the right height, but I've seen some pics, and the cars look too low for me. FWIW, I plan on getting the Bilstein HD shocks when I replace the factory deCarbons. Thanks a lot!
Old 01-14-2005, 04:45 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, BMR appears to low for ya? I'm thinking about upgrading my sprotlines and everything else seems too high for me, lol. But anyways, maybe throw in Hotchkiss (spelling?) springs for another option (1 inch drop).
Old 01-14-2005, 05:24 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Wow, BMR appears to low for ya? I'm thinking about upgrading my sprotlines and everything else seems too high for me, lol. But anyways, maybe throw in Hotchkiss (spelling?) springs for another option (1 inch drop).
I liked the slammed look, but it's really not useful for me. Like I said, I just want to take up some of the space because the 11's look kinda funny to me with the stock ride height.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat man....I've got BMR's right here, but I'm worried about the 11in wheel....I may just change wheels, cause I really wanna use the BMR's
Old 01-14-2005, 07:08 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by RedLT4Mike
I'm in the same boat man....I've got BMR's right here, but I'm worried about the 11in wheel....I may just change wheels, cause I really wanna use the BMR's
I won't switch wheels because I like the dish of the 11's. Look good

Another thing I should mention is that I'm running 3" duals. Ground clearance is a must. So I really don't want to be much more than an inch, and a lot of the BMR pics I see is more than an inch.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Based upon cars I have and friends cars, the Hotchkis are looking pretty good for you. The SLP Eibachs are a good alternative, but may have the rear too low. The Eibach Prokit and the Sportline are totally out of the question. . . .
Old 01-14-2005, 07:41 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Based upon cars I have and friends cars, the Hotchkis are looking pretty good for you. The SLP Eibachs are a good alternative, but may have the rear too low. The Eibach Prokit and the Sportline are totally out of the question. . . .
So the SLP Eibach isn't the Pro Kit? That's what I assumed it was. I might possibly just get their Bilstein/Spring kit then.

I know the Pro Kit, and definitly the Sportlines are out. My buddy has the Pro Kit on his 00 WS6, and the thing is slammed.

We sell Hotchkis where I work, so that'll be even better Thanks for the input.

BTW, anyone have any pics of Hotchkis - lowered cars?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:35 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you not see that I mentioned Hotchkis? lol

But steve's old camaro had those springs. I can only attach this one as the others are too big. Find his website for a bunch more.
Attached Thumbnails What springs for my setup?-brakes.jpg  
Old 01-15-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Pro Kit is def a good look but to low for the PA roads and a good bit of traction was lost with them even with the Relocation brackets.

From my research it seems the Hotchkis is the best way to go, I have only really found one person that had a funny stance with them, other wise I think that is way to go or if you can find a set of 99 and older WS6 springs that is a good look too.

Use your discount and get the Hotchkis

Good Luck
Old 01-15-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have the BMR kit that I'm going to put in. I know a few people with the pro kits and 17x11s like me. If you lower your car just an inch you don't have anything to worry about. Hell they don't have any problems. Of course we have all rolled our fenders.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:29 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by MadIceV8
Did you not see that I mentioned Hotchkis? lol
Sorry about that! I did notice it, but got side tracked. Thanks for the pic though. I think i'll end up going with the Hotchkis

Quick Reply: What springs for my setup?