Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hotchkis springs any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Hotchkis springs any good?

I had them on a truck that I lowered but I am going to replace the Pro Kit I have (to low) with either BMR or Hotchkis 1" drop springs same price so which is better? Are there alot of people using these? I dont see them. any pics would help too.

And lets just say Pro Kit + Spohn T/A and full tank of gas= alot of scraping
Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a before and after shot of my Hotchkis springs and Bilstein HD shocks:

In the picture it kinda looks like the rear is a little higher, but in person it sits pretty level. I think I had the camera at a weird angle. This was also taken right after they were installed. They have settled a little in the 5 months I have had them on.

Ride quality is not that bad, doesn't have saggy *** syndrome like some Eibachs, and doesn't scrape everywhere like I thought it would. Overall I am very happy with them and would install them over Eibachs any day.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Junkie

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=hotchkis

I love mine. They have great ride height and even with my lousy shocks, they ride very well.

-Mike
Old 01-20-2005, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

well I order them today and shoudl get them here on Monday, so I will have it done next weekend, Thanks
Old 01-20-2005, 06:11 PM

Im in the process of ordering the Bilstein/ Hotchkis combo, but noone has the springs in stock
Old 01-20-2005, 10:51 PM
12 Second Club

They are great springs. My only other option would be G2 Super springs.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them and LOVE them! The drop is modest at only 1" and they have great performance. My car has nearly no body roll and can corner very well. The ride with these springs is a bit rough for my tastes, but what it lacks is comfort it makes up in performance. I have them coupled with SLP Bilsteins FYI.
Old 01-21-2005, 12:14 AM
On The Tree

see thats what I am wanting, The Eibachs I have, with a full tank it sits 1/2" lower than with a empty tank( I know gas weight somthing but come on). and I loved the Hotchkis suspension on my truck (2000 Silverado) so I think I will be happy.

Thanks for the replys
Old 01-21-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

I had the Eibach Prokit w/ Bilstein HDs on my 99 and I wasn't happy at all with that combo after a while. It handled decent, but rode like **** on any road with slight imperfections. Also, the rear sagged which I didn't like.

There was no way I was putting that combo on my 02. I ordered my Hotchkis springs a few weeks ago but won't have them on until early April when my car comes out from winter. I only put about 3,000 miles a year on my car so Im just gonna use the stock shocks and see how they do for the year. Next year I will probably replace the stockers with some Konis or Bilstein revalves. Make sure you post pics and give us a report after you get them on. I'll post up my pics, but it won't be for a while.