Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

where to buy raybestos quiet-stops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 11:30 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default where to buy raybestos quiet-stops?

i've been reading and i plan on getting some raybestos quiet-stop brake pads to keep the dust down on my new TTII's. i also plan on getting the autozone rotors (35$) at the same time.

where can i get these pads? i've searched and cant find anywhere that has them. i'm not sure if there is a pep boys in my area, and they are the only autoparts store i know of that might carry them. anybody have any ideas? the pads that are on it dust worse than any ive ever seen and i dont want my TTII's to get shittied up. my 12 bolt should be here next week sometime and i do would like to have some nicer brakes on it before i install it and my TTII's.

hopefully i can get them locally, but i'd like to buy from a sponser if that's possible. thanx, casey
Old 02-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked online and it seems like Autozone stopped carrying them for the F-bodies. Advance Auto Parts, aka Parts America, did have them in my area. They have them online so if for some reason you can't get them locally you can get them from partsamerica.com. The Autozone rotors are good, have had them for a year, but I don't know about the cheapies at Advance Auto. If you can't get the Raybestos, I bought the Morse ceramic pads from Autozone and they are quiet and dust free too.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:02 PM
That's what she said...

thanks for the reply! i'm going to run up to advance in a few minutes and check them out. i really appreciate it, casey
Old 02-03-2005, 09:36 PM
That's what she said...

i went and cecked out the autozone stuff, they diddnt have raybestos at advance or autozone. autozone had the morse ceramic pads and the durastop (37$) rotors, which are supossed to be good pieces.

the morse pads were only like 38 bux for a whole front set! this sounds almost too good to be true.

anybody have any insight into this?
Old 02-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Launching!

In my area they are 50 bucks for the front set. That's what I paid a year ago for them as well. Sounds like a good deal to me.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't go cheap with bread pads. I had bought a pair of napa brake pads somehting like 30 bucks and about 2 monthes later I got a very loud squeek sound everytime I hit the brakes. When I finally checked the brake pads one side had a cracked brake pad and the other had some very fine pieces of brake pad chunks the rubbed against the rotor and it was very loud. Better to pay more for quality brakes.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the ceramics from AutoZone because I was in a bind and I have been suprisingly pleased with them. I cannot remember what I paid for them though.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Morse or Raybestos ceramics are both fine pads that don't squeak at all. I hardly think of them as cheap, although I'm sure the Raybestos are better. I have had no problems with the Morse in 10,000 miles.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:40 AM
11 Second Club

lee auto parts carrys those pads you wanted.. i bought those same pads that you got from az and there not bad at all the only problem is the shim on the pads shift and get all bent up i think it was caused by hard braking so i had to take my pads off and replace the shims.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:12 AM
That's what she said...

i went ahead and bought the morse ceramics from autozone. 38 bux and i havent seen one spec of brake dust yet! and they stop great!

Quick Reply: where to buy raybestos quiet-stops?