Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

sportline springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default sportline springs

hey,well i just got done puting my sportline springs on & wow what a drop!!! i have read where some people have complained about there rear end being out of wac,(tires sticking out more on 1 side than the other)my car looks like everything is in good shape & lined up correctly.i have also read where i should get an adjustable torque arm since i dropped the car,which 1 do you think will work best for me & how do you know when you have it adjusted correctly???my car is a m6 & the rest of the suspention is stock.thanx john
Old 03-10-2005, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

I think I might have that problem! My rear end looks out of whack! What can I do to solve this? Also what other problems would it cause due to the rear end being out of whack? Would it squat a bit to one side???
Old 03-10-2005, 01:03 AM
Launching!

My old SS did the same think, when you lower it the rear end pushes out to one side. I just got an adjustable pan hard bar and it pulls it back to center.

-Nathan
Old 03-10-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

My old SS did the same think, when you lower it the rear end pushes out to one side. I just got an adjustable pan hard bar and it pulls it back to center.

-Nathan[/QUOTE] hey nathan, what adjustable pan hard bar did you buy??? & how does it adjust??? thanx john

Last edited by heymoej; 03-10-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

torque arms control the rotation of the rear end... panhard bars control the side to side movement. Adjustable torque arms are for setting pinion angles, adjustable panhard bars are for centering the back of the car over the axle.
Old 03-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Launching!

I didn't buy any torque arm. Only the adjustable pan hard bar.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, torque arms are for people who are concerned about getting their car to hook on hard launches, wanting to make sure theres no driveline bind under the most extreme launches (why a negative pinion angle is good for launching). There are all kinds of torque arms out there. Doesnt really have much to do with you or being lowered, I was just throwing it out there for informational purposes. (i thought someone said something about it, I wanted to clarify in case they got panhard and torque arm confused)

Panhard bars are simple devices, no real magic to them (except a little pythagorean theorem) aftermarket bars of any sort will eliminate some flex and make it handle a little better, adjustable bars will also enable you to center things up. Just avoid anything with the adjuster in the middle of the bar.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

(i thought someone said something about it, I wanted to clarify in case they got panhard and torque arm confused)

yeah that would be me!!! i edited my post were i was all dazzed & confused,i wrote one thing & ment the other!!! my bad & thanx for all of the help!!!!!!! john
Old 03-23-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

i've got sportlines and an edlebrock(non adj) torque arm and a bmr(non adj) panhard....running 16-245 nitto drs i hooked up great when i went to the track last summer.....i do have adj lower control arms......

Quick Reply: sportline springs