Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Line Lock Line Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Line Lock Line Kits...

Who makes one that has Pre bent lines? I see one on Byunspeed but it does not have prebent lines.....
Old 07-22-2005, 06:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My SLP line loc had the prebent lines I just installed it last week. Here's a pic !

This is on 96 WS6.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

I have the SLP and really don't care for it. I would check out SJM Manufacturing's kit. Their banner is to the right. >>>
Old 07-22-2005, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

I meant just the lines...I have everything else....
Old 07-23-2005, 01:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thunder racing has the lines... I'm not sure but I think you could get just the lines from them. Talk to SJM too. I bet they could help you out
Old 07-23-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the Hurst Kit from Thunder Racing and it had the prebent brake lines.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GM Muscle and 01 Red WS6, thanks for the recommendation.

We do sell the lines separate for both Hurst and Biondo style LL solenoids. Always in stock and ready to ship w/in 24hrs M-F. They can be purchased from our website online.

Steve
Old 07-23-2005, 12:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10

We do sell the lines separate for both Hurst and Biondo style LL solenoids. Always in stock and ready to ship w/in 24hrs M-F. They can be purchased from our website online.

Steve
Will it work with the TCI RollStop Kit?
Old 07-23-2005, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

I think you'll be on your own on that particular style. No vendor to my knowlege has a pre-formed kit for that particular LL solenoid.

Unless you purchased that one used or was given to you, I'd advise returning it if you do not want to bend up your own lines. Especially if you don't have the tools, time or wanting to try to re-invent the wheel :-).

I can provide separate fittings you'll need i.e. OEM (not adapters) master cylinder and abs modulator fittings, but you'll still need a flaring tool that does both bubble flare as well as double flare. We only sell the double flare tool separetly, not bubble.

In the end, it more then likely will end up costing you more money vs. purchasing a pre-formed kit like our B-001 kits that costs 125.99 complete with a master arm switch, control switch and remote LED indicator and including all the wire you need to hook it up as well as other miscellaneous electrical components. We even include a grommet in our kits.

On the other hand, some folks would rather build and install their own kit the way they prefer...sometimes, there is a feeling of "I made this" that just can't be replaced:-).

I wish you well. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Steve
Old 07-23-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by steve10

Steve
Steve does your ABS delete kit without LL solenoid come with pre bent lines for the Biondo style noid?
Old 07-23-2005, 08:28 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
Steve does your ABS delete kit without LL solenoid come with pre bent lines for the Biondo style noid?
Yes it does! XABSX3 (with Flare tool kit) or XABSX4 (without Flare tool kit). Both do not come with the LL kit...they are for the folks whom already have our line lock kit or SLP LL kit.

"This exclusive kit is designed to completely remove your ABS modulator and bracket from your engine bay. Removing your OEM ABS system will eliminate ~14-16lbs from your engine bay while increasing air flow and space. The proportioning valve corrects unbalanced front/rear braking pressure for a more precise controlled braking. This kit is for customers who own a Biondo-style or SLP-style line lock solenoid."

...and now back to your regular scheduled program:-).

Steve
Old 07-23-2005, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Steve!
Old 07-24-2005, 07:46 AM
11 Second Club

Steve, I am looking into that right now, but there is a restocking fee and I have to pay shipping. We are trying to settle this without getting into that, but it may come down to it.

I was quoted a price of install for the one I have of $200 ball park. Bending lines is a bitch! Price quote for your kit.....$75 or less. :yup:
Old 07-24-2005, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

CamaroSS,

Good luck, let me know if I can help you in any way.

Steve
Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

FWIW, from our experience, all line locks we've tested work equally well. One cannot tell which line lock solenoid they are using over another. All of our solenoids are rebuildable.

It purely comes down to an esthetic difference. We offer the different designs for those folks. The price differences lie solely in cost of the solenoids themselves…Other then that, the kits retain the same components.

The B001 kits' solenoid is very nice. Half is brass which you can highly polish very easily, the other half you can color match to your engine bays interior. (Both parts separate very easily to do this). For this particular kit, the price can't be beat for what you receive.