Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Suspension Question's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR Suspension Question's.

I have read and searched through the threads about SFS's. I have a little dimple on my drivers side above the rear wheel that I am assuming has come from the body flex, thats what I have read at least. But anyway I don't want anymore and I would like to get rid of a few squeeks and rattles that sometimes occur when going over larger bumps. So I would like to get SFS's, I was going to go with SLP's, but they seem a little overkill for what I am looking for, minor bolt-on car that doesn't see the track or much street racing. So I figured BMR's, but I was just wondering what people who have them opinion's are. It's between these two:
Boxed:
Tubular:
Is boxed really worth the $20.00 or should I not skimp out and just go for the extra strength? Any comments/opinion's are greatly appreciated.

- Dan
Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

I have the tubular BMR's and I love them. My car feels like it's carved out of a chunk of billet now, I did all the suspension mods at the same time but I'm certain the SFC's made a majority of the difference.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW ... I have had BMR boxed subframe connectors on my car forever and I still got the waves above the rear tire well ...
Old 08-27-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was under the impression that with SFS's you won't get any more dimples? Well I don't drive the car hard and I just want to get rid of the creeks and cracks from going over some of the bumps so I will probably get them anyway.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AssKickingLS1
I was under the impression that with SFS's you won't get any more dimples? Well I don't drive the car hard and I just want to get rid of the creeks and cracks from going over some of the bumps so I will probably get them anyway.
That means you want a cage, lol. I have the SLP connectors and I still have dimples, and when backing out of my driveway I can tell the car is flexing.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stang killer
That means you want a cage, lol. I have the SLP connectors and I still have dimples, and when backing out of my driveway I can tell the car is flexing.
how can u tell when a car is "flexing"? are there noises or what?
Old 08-28-2005, 12:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Silas2k
how can u tell when a car is "flexing"? are there noises or what?
Whenever I jack my car up on one side, then open the door or hatch it just doesnt open/close right. Also when backing out of the driveway I can hear the interior parts moving around and flexing with the car.
Old 08-29-2005, 08:53 PM
Staging Lane

Love mine! My BMR are the tubular ones, as my car is lowered. No ground clearence issues, and you cant see them hanging down from the side view. Car has t-tops, and never squeaked or rattled before putting them on, and it still dont...definitely can feel the difference when the SFC are installed. The car feels more rigid, but it does seem to want to understeer a little more. Also put on the strut tower brace later, and you can feel it too.

Quick Reply: BMR Suspension Question's.