Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where to buy stock springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy stock springs

I need to find some stock springs for my 99 WS-6. Anyone know where i can find them? If i can't get stock springs, got any springs that offer the same amount of drop/raise as do stock ones?

Need to know why the heck i need them? Check the pic

Old 11-13-2005, 01:30 PM

Check out the for sale forum. There are a lot of people parting out cars. or try the dealership.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:02 PM
Staging Lane

If you need some, I have a set off my 98 Z28, only 74K miles on them. Very good used condition. When I bought he car I replaced the springs, so these are good.
Old 11-13-2005, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks but i'm lookin' fo brand new. I appreciate the offer.

How much can i expect to pay at the "let's overprice EVERYTHING" Dealership?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Ite, i guess i'll just drop by the dealer and ask them.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vrbas
Thanks but i'm lookin' fo brand new. I appreciate the offer.

How much can i expect to pay at the "let's overprice EVERYTHING" Dealership?
You could buy 4 used springs for like $40. You could buy 4 new springs for maybe $300 at the dealer? Is there a reason you don't want used springs?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:50 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have purchased new springs at Napa. Several hundred dollars for all four. Bob
Old 11-15-2005, 07:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I like to use GMpartsdirect to look up the part number.

I only found one set of part numbers that works for the coil springs.......

Front: 22197230
Rear: 10305134

I would contact SDPC, the Sponsor ----------------------------------->

And ask if these are the appropriate coil springs for an LS1 Fbody. If they are, then order from them, because they are a sponsor and they will have a great price.

GMPARTSDIRECT charges $59 for each spring, and probably another $20-30 for shipping. You'll more than likely get a better overall price(including shipping) from SDPC.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SporkLover
I like to use GMpartsdirect to look up the part number.

I only found one set of part numbers that works for the coil springs.......

Front: 22197230
Rear: 10305134

I would contact SDPC, the Sponsor ----------------------------------->

And ask if these are the appropriate coil springs for an LS1 Fbody. If they are, then order from them, because they are a sponsor and they will have a great price.

GMPARTSDIRECT charges $59 for each spring, and probably another $20-30 for shipping. You'll more than likely get a better overall price(including shipping) from SDPC.

Thanks, i really appreciate you taking the time to look up the part number. ARE YOU SURE that those part numbers are for a 99 Trans Am WS-6 ? I don't wanna be putting the wrong springs on. I'll take your advice and call to make sure. I'll end up ordering them for GMDirect probably. Should i call THEM and ask if these are the right springs or should i call SDPC? Thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 03:45 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, i really appreciate you taking the time to look up the part number. ARE YOU SURE that those part numbers are for a 99 Trans Am WS-6 ? I don't wanna be putting the wrong springs on. I'll take your advice and call to make sure. I'll end up ordering them for GMDirect probably. Should i call THEM and ask if these are the right springs or should i call SDPC? Thanks
You could call the dealer and get the part #, them order them from SPDC. I don't think you will save much mail ordering them after paying shipping though. They aren't that expensive at the dealer either. They probably only sell one spring type for the rear now; I think all the others were discontinued. I suggest you order '93 1LE springs for the front.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXAgZ28
You could buy 4 used springs for like $40. You could buy 4 new springs for maybe $300 at the dealer? Is there a reason you don't want used springs?
I dunno, i'm hesitant about buying used springs. I dunno what kinda wear and tear they've been through. Plus, springs wear down if i'm not correct. I don't want worn out springs.

Some guy is willing to sell me some springs. The front springs are WS-6 springs with like 17K miles on them while the back ones are FE1 with like 50K miles on them. He's asking $105 TOTAL, shipping and all. Should i take it?
Old 11-16-2005, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

I dunno, i'm hesitant about buying used springs. I dunno what kinda wear and tear they've been through. Plus, springs wear down if i'm not correct. I don't want worn out springs.

Some guy is willing to sell me some springs. The front springs are WS-6 springs with like 17K miles on them while the back ones are FE1 with like 50K miles on them. He's asking $105 TOTAL, shipping and all. Should i take it?

I wouldn't, IMO that's too much, even for slightly used springs. Besides, how are you to know he isn;t telling the truth, ya know? Tey could be as you say high mileage. I dunno. I'm no spring expert.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, i'm going to go the expensive route and order them from GMPartsDirect.com. Even though they will charge me a hair under $300, it's best if i know FOR SURE what i'm getting and that it's worth it.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Sorry I didn't think about this earlier, but I would also try Dal Slabaugh or Jason Cromer. They're not sponsors, but they will probably save you more money than GM Parts Direct or SDPC.

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech2.html#Dal_and_Jason

They're well-known for their low prices in camaroz28.com and I have ordered a pair of 1LE rear control arms from Dal Slabaugh. They were nicely packaged and were cheaper than GM Parts Direct and SDPC.

Quick Reply: Where to buy stock springs