63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

BMR vs Spohn vs UMI A arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR vs Spohn vs UMI A arms

Well my car is on its way to finally getting done. Ive done a search and really didnt come up with anything that sold me on either one. So what do you guys think. My car will see some street use but it will be limited. I am more of a drag racer than anything and a few car shows and things like that. BMR seems to be a thicker 1.625" and 1.25" DOM tubing VS Spohn 1.25" x .120" wall seamless DOM VS UMI 1.250” x 0.120” Mild Steel DOM Tubing. I refuse to buy PA racing since I saw the welds fail on a drag use only car on there A arms. Any input will be greatly appreciated and get me off the fence I will be using which ever one you guys choose with my BMR K member. Thanks for your time

Joe M
Old 02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent had any problems with my BMR's. High Quality Workmanship.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:19 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:39 AM
Staging Lane

Same here, BMR upper and lowers. Looks like it would take a tank to break them...
Old 02-04-2006, 06:12 AM
9 Second Club

Thats good enuff for me. Im sold on BMR. Thanks. Didnt take much to push me off the fence.

Last edited by JMBLOWNWS6; 02-04-2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did quite a bit of research on suspension parts, I finally settled down to U.M.I.
And after getting the parts in hand,i must say the quality is EXCELLENT! To the point i bought upper and lower front arms.A cross member mounted TA and LCAs with
PHB All with QA1 rod ends.
HAWK
Old 02-04-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

But how long will the rod ends last and how hard and costly are they to replace?
Old 02-05-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

UMI. Stay away from BMR.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by jargan04
UMI. Stay away from BMR.

Ok now your going to have to explain. Dont be lazy. If UMI had a K member I would be all over there stuff. I cant just keep waiting.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jargan04
UMI. Stay away from BMR.
yes, please explain.........
Old 02-05-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Resident

I think UMI builds a better product. I not nor have I ever been a fan of BMR. UMI mades great quality stuff.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would go with umi or spohn. the autoxers stay away from bmr if i remember correctly. i have both bmr ans spohn parts. i like spohn way better. they are devoloping a kmember supposidly.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

See this is my problem. I have wait 1 1/2 years for spoh to get off there *** and make a K member. So I am not going to get a PA I have seen the welds break in drag racing only. And then when I saw the PA a arm break at another weld I knew for a fact I wanted to stay away from there products. I could just get the K member from BMR and spohn upper and lower A arms? What do you guys think. Dammit now Im on the fence again. ****'S
Old 02-05-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

In all honesty, I feel items are really down to their quality than just their name.

Ryan @ UMI seems pretty active with most of his stuff in this forum and over @ FRRAX. When he manufactures his stuff, he consults with many of his customers (experienced AX and RRers) about not only how they are running, but also any possible improvements. Heck, he even gave one experienced RR here a deal to run his parts in order to prove their quality. Talk about dedication. My guess is if they last at least one season on several road courses, then they should last quite a while longer with just about any other type of race. As far as the rod ends are concerned, they should last quite a while as he uses high quality QA1's (like on most of my rod-ended/spherical bearing stuff), and those rod ends are so silent, I can barely tell they are there on my vehicle.

Just my .2 cents.
Old 02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Foxxton ,
Glad you dropped in .
Saved me alot of typing!
Ryan is stepping up to the plate as far as manufacturing QUALITY
pieces.
Hawk
Old 02-05-2006, 10:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone and thanks Foxxton, we do try very hard to build the best product out there and we have great luck at it. I am not trying to brag I am just proud of what we offer and the reputation we have built. I do follow the boards very close as mush as possible, I listen to comments from each customer; this always helps to improve every item we offer. We also stand behind all our items and do what it takes to make it right and answer each customer’s question.

JMBLOWNWS6- I wish I had our K-Member out to offer you but it will be spring until it is released. The progress is coming along great but this item we do not want to rush. If you would like PM me and I will be glad to help out on a set of upper and lower A-Arms. We also have A-Arms just about ready to be released that offer polyurethane bushings rather then rod ends, these will be priced less then the A-Arms we currently offer. Just let me know and I am glad to help.

Thank you
Ryan
Old 02-05-2006, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 227Hawk
Foxxton ,
Glad you dropped in .
Saved me alot of typing!
Ryan is stepping up to the plate as far as manufacturing QUALITY
pieces.
Hawk
Thank you as well Mark!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
i would go with umi or spohn. the autoxers stay away from bmr if i remember correctly. i have both bmr ans spohn parts. i like spohn way better. they are devoloping a kmember supposidly.
I have NEVER seen a BMR a-arm fail under any conditions.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:12 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks everyone and thanks Foxxton, we do try very hard to build the best product out there and we have great luck at it. I am not trying to brag I am just proud of what we offer and the reputation we have built. I do follow the boards very close as mush as possible, I listen to comments from each customer; this always helps to improve every item we offer. We also stand behind all our items and do what it takes to make it right and answer each customer’s question.

JMBLOWNWS6- I wish I had our K-Member out to offer you but it will be spring until it is released. The progress is coming along great but this item we do not want to rush. If you would like PM me and I will be glad to help out on a set of upper and lower A-Arms. We also have A-Arms just about ready to be released that offer polyurethane bushings rather then rod ends, these will be priced less then the A-Arms we currently offer. Just let me know and I am glad to help.

Thank you
Ryan
Your products are the main reason I deleted the first thread I made. Because I forgot about you Cost is not a problem. Im all about quality and being able to use a high end A arm on the street and not have to worry about it. I would really like to try your product. I will pm you for the total for a lower and upper A arm kit. Thanks for your reply.
Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 PM
9 Second Club

TTT Please let me know UMI. I got my return allready

Quick Reply: BMR vs Spohn vs UMI A arms