Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Get ride of abs stuff or keep it?
ABS delete
50.00%
Just line lock kit
50.00%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Line lock kit and delete abs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line lock kit and delete abs?

I am buyin teh sjm line lock kit... as of rigth now i have a 9in and with my 3 channel my abs is not working. So my dilema is should i get the kit that takes the abs block out or juts go for the line lock? what would u do? thanks for your opinions
Old 03-31-2006, 10:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ABS delete kit with line lock would be the best option for you since you could care less about ABS. (ABS as well as traction control in my opinion is worthless on a performance car, it does nothing but cause problems with racing).

ABS sitting there weighs ~16 lbs...closer to 20 lbs w/traction control. It also takes up quite a bit of space. This is an easy modification to loose quite a bit of weight off the front end AND clean up the engine bay. Actually a very good bang for the buck regarding weight reductions.

Another consideration, the more open space the engine has to breath, the better air flow it will see which can keep engine bay temps lower.

Good luck on your decision.

Steve
Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 35thls1ss19
I am buyin teh sjm line lock kit... as of rigth now i have a 9in and with my 3 channel my abs is not working. So my dilema is should i get the kit that takes the abs block out or juts go for the line lock? what would u do? thanks for your opinions
Well, since the ABS isn't working anyways, I would get the ABS delete kit and linelock combo.

Mine arrived last friday.

Frank
Old 04-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Retired Street Racer

I have the same kit on my car and love it. Comes with the flare tool, lines, and proportioning valve as well.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Just got mine, great kit!
Old 04-03-2006, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

my girl just ordered it today for me now i cant wait to smoke my tires
Old 04-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Staging Lane

I no longer have ABS nor Traction control

Line Loc all the way
Old 04-23-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Resident

I have been thinking about this alot lately because I want to use the space the ABS is taking up to put in a stand alone fuel system.
Most of the guys I have talked too have nothing but good things to say about the ABS delete.
Some actually like the brakes better without ABS.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:59 AM
TECH Addict

how hard is it to install the abs delete kit and what all in involved? will it work it an SLP linelock?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Difficulty is individually based.

I believe the avg. person whom can follow the directions and see the pictures and possess very basic hand tools can complete the job. For anyone having difficulties installing our products we are here to support you and help you through any difficulties. This service is rarely needed from all sales we've done thus far...we are here if you need us.

All lines are pre-formed, all fittings are pre-installed where necessary. No telfon tape is needed...I'd say the most time consuming part would be running the power line to the interior and mounting the switches where you prefer. If you already have an SLP line lock...that part is already done since you've installed the electrical portion.

To answer your question, we do offer the kit without the solenoid so you can re-use either ours or other manufactures includeing SLP's solenoid.

Our basic kits are available for 139.99, if you don't have a double flare tool kit, then you WILL need one. We do offer the kit with the tool for 20.00 more. Our tool is modified by tig-welding a bolt half way down the flaring bar so that tube slipping is minimized, so it works better then most (why we modifiy them in the first place)...this is probably the most common concern i've seen from folks whom use their own tool.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

Sweet. Thanks for the info Steve! If I cant get my ABS light to go away and fix my problem, then Im going to do away with it altogether!
Nino
Old 04-30-2006, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

You're welcome. If you're ABS lamp is iluminated, then you have no ABS funtion at all. Deleting it would not change your current braking system. In your situation, you'll be dropping close to 20 lbs of dead weight between TCS and ABS. Our proportining valve included will give you a bit more adjustability in your system to fine tune your brake bias.

You may have dirty sensors, or malfunctioning sensors...(hopefully that is all). If it is any other portion of the circuit...it can be very costly (and frustrating) to repair.

For the folks who don't know this...if you're purchasing a rear-end, you can save up to 200.00 for choosing a rear-end without ABS. You don't have to mess with reluctor gears...AND you can re-sell your original stock ones on e-bay or these boards for the folks who "can't live without ABS or TCS".

Good luck guys!

Steve
Old 04-30-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Addict

thats what happened. i bought a 9" and after the install I had the abs light come on. Im deployed so its tough to troubleshoot right now, but I have a few things to do before I decide to get rid of it. The pulsating of the brake pedal is so damn annoying! I know it has something to do with that, just dont know what yet.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have ABS lights all over the place. Can't fix it. Gone over at least 5 diagrams. Verified working connection to all sensors and star pack connector.

Does this delete kit turn off the lights? Would like to see a link either way!
Old 06-19-2006, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

yeah how does the light stay out?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

one other question ive got. what happenes to the codes? when u go for inspection or anything of the sort, wont that code show?
Old 10-02-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
one other question ive got. what happenes to the codes? when u go for inspection or anything of the sort, wont that code show?
I don't think that the ABS codes can be read thru the PCM. I belive they are controlled thru the BCM which is why folks can't get rid of the lights using tunning software. Don't know of any emmisions places that check your BCM. The ABS Inop and Brake light will be illuminated after installing the ABS delete kit. I think you can get rid of the lights by removing the bulbs or grounding out the ABS wiring somehow. I'm sure Steve will be able to elaborate more on that. Mike
Old 10-03-2006, 09:13 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

On the ABS connector make up a jumper wire (about 1 1/2") with soldered ends and insert one end into pin 7 and the other into pin 12. The ABS module provides the logic ground if the system is ok. So just ground out that pin 7 to 12 (grnd) and bingo.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Addict

well ive got a new wheel speed sensor for the rear coming in, if that doesnt fix it, then bye bye abs.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Here's another idea about deleting abs. I got a Vert top / TCS panel and hooked up my QTP cutout to the vert button and put the master line lock in the ashtray while using the TCS momentary button for the line lock. Total stealth and functional too.
Attached Thumbnails Line lock kit and delete abs?-zcenter-switch-panel.jpg  

Quick Reply: Line lock kit and delete abs?