Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach sportline questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach sportline questions.

Eibach Sportlines are intended to make the car handle better correct? I purchased a 2000 z28 with them on the car recently and it seems to handle great but then again my other car is an old explorer so anything handles great compared to it and i haven't had an f-body in a year or so. If it is to make the car handle better then why are they suposedly softer then stock? Also if i run a tsp true dual setup will i encounter problems? I'm running c5 vette rims and tires so it isn't all that low. Will the sportlines help or hurt me at the drag strip?
Old 04-28-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

they are definitely a softer spring and practiacally the lowest you can find. due to them being low it does help handling due to a lower center of gravity point but on the other hand they don't exactly ride all that great as the spring rate is extremely low. true duals may or may not be a problem based on how far they are tucked up underneath. also for the strip... sportlines will hurt traction out of the hole. i recommend investing in some new shocks which will improve the ride A LOT more. also some LCA's and RLB's too! but you gotta admit the stance and the way it sits is sweet
Old 04-28-2006, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

Yes it is nice. I was told it has strano shocks on it or something. And yeah i noticed it hooks like crap outta the hole but once i get it rolling it hooks pretty decent for street tires. How do i know if it has sportlines or pro's on it? It does sit all that low in my opinion. I can still get a regular floor jack under it and everything. I owned a few stock height f-bodys that i actually had more trouble jacking up.
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Y2K Z28
How do i know if it has sportlines or pro's on it?
Pro-Kit - black colored springs
Sportlines - red colored springs

...should also say on both of the springs the name of what it is
Old 04-28-2006, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

They are red but the car doesn't sit all that low. Maybe it's the vette tires that bumped it back up.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are softer than stock because they are mostly an appearance spring. Lowering the car generally will help handling, but sportlines are too low (and soft) for proper suspension travel (without many other mods that involve shortening shocks and cutting on the car, and then they are too soft).
Old 04-28-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trackbird
They are softer than stock because they are mostly an appearance spring. Lowering the car generally will help handling, but sportlines are too low (and soft) for proper suspension travel (without many other mods that involve shortening shocks and cutting on the car, and then they are too soft).

IMO the only reason to have Sportlines is if you want to look like you have Sportlines...
Old 04-28-2006, 09:23 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

so for sure ALL sportline springs are red and prokits are black? All of them? I was aware from my previous owner i had sportlines but my springs are black, any way i can find out for sure without digging into ****?

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-29-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superman09
so for sure ALL sportline springs are red and prokits are black? All of them? I was aware from my previous owner i had sportlines but my springs are black, any way i can find out for sure without digging into ****?
dude i could be wrong... but i was just under the impression that was the way it is, yours may have been painted (i dunno know why) or you have the pro-kit? maybe someone of a higher power will enlighten us
Old 04-29-2006, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

yea same, just curious, previous owner told me eibachs, 2" drop but it may be the prokit. I still love the stance but curious as to what i actually have now

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 04-29-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

My prokit is a black/dark gray color.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
My prokit is a black/dark gray color.
Ditto. Every set of Eibach Prokit springs I've owned have been black and they always have the p/n stamped on them.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:26 AM
Shirley Temple Drinker

how does the prokit ride?
Old 04-30-2006, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Default Your right on the height

Originally Posted by RrCoX22
they are definitely a softer spring and practiacally the lowest you can find. due to them being low it does help handling due to a lower center of gravity point but on the other hand they don't exactly ride all that great as the spring rate is extremely low. true duals may or may not be a problem based on how far they are tucked up underneath. also for the strip... sportlines will hurt traction out of the hole. i recommend investing in some new shocks which will improve the ride A LOT more. also some LCA's and RLB's too! but you gotta admit the stance and the way it sits is sweet
What do you mean they are softer, they might be soft with stock "Canadian" struts and shocks but not with performance parts. I have the KYB AGXs, front and back set to 4 and the ride is perfect. I had them set to race 8 and stiff like you wouldn't believe! On the height, you are right, I had a 2.5+ drop front and back. Check out my white SS at http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/choicecam00/ Have fun, later, Kevin.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChoiceCam00
What do you mean they are softer, they might be soft with stock "Canadian" struts and shocks but not with performance parts. I have the KYB AGXs, front and back set to 4 and the ride is perfect. I had them set to race 8 and stiff like you wouldn't believe! On the height, you are right, I had a 2.5+ drop front and back. Check out my white SS at http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a197/choicecam00/ Have fun, later, Kevin.
We mean that they are soft. As in the spring rate is softer than the pro kit and too soft for proper handling at their ride height. Can you make them work on the street, sure. If I were building a car for competition purposes, I'd run far more spring rate at the ride height of those springs. That's what we mean by "too soft". Shocks have nothing to do with the rate of the springs. A spring rate is based on the spring diameter, wire diameter and the number of active coils. Shocks can change the ride, but they can't change the spring rate.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Question

Originally Posted by ChoiceCam00
What do you mean " Canadian " is that a JAB.?? ...also shocks have NOTHING to do with height...... ...BTW...is that a 2.5 " drop in those pics???? I guess you do not have headers huh.
Old 04-30-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Default Headers

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
What do you mean " Canadian " is that a JAB.?? ...also shocks have NOTHING to do with height...... ...BTW...is that a 2.5 " drop in those pics???? I guess you do not have headers huh.
Hi, Canadian as in stock shocks from factory. Yes, a 2.5 inch drop with Sportlines and Jethot longtubes. Later
Old 05-01-2006, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Does anyone know what the ride height is from the highest point on the wheel well? Reason i ask is that my car is lowered with what appears to be sportlines but it goes up my driveway with the same amount of issue (barely any) as my old stock height 93 z28 did and the jack fits under it just as easily.

Quick Reply: Eibach sportline questions.