Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano vs Eibach

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 09:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Strano vs Eibach

Are the Strano bars really that much better over the Eibach one's. I mean Eibach is known for it's suspension products, are the Strano's really worth the extra $100?
I'd love input from people who have aftermarket sway bars and not just from what you've heard. I've searched through all the old posts already.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't know Eibach made sway bars for the late F-body.
Have yet to see anyone comment on them or even
mention, 'til now.

I've found my Strano bars to be nicely balanced and a
marked improvement over stock. Balance F/R is something
that makes for predictable (in a good way) handling in
aggressive driving. You can find some bigger bars out
there, but as a rule they are solid (heavier) and you do
not want any more nose weight than necessary.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

This is they same Eibach that changed their bars sizes after years of 32/21 to 35/25..... They didn't get it right the first time, and worse they didn't get it right the second time. And FWIW, ST and Hotchkis (both of which I sell) are the same or similiar sizes and have been forever. *IF* the car worked well with a 35/25 type combination on it, I would have never done my own bars..... I wouldn't have had to.

My bars aren't the fanciest. They are the sizes I wanted based on my autoxing, they are hollow so you don't drag around 20 more pounds than you need to. They are function over form, which I readily admit.

The bitterness of a poor quality (or in this case just the wrong application) remains long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.

In short, cheaper isn't better. I understand wanting to save some bucks, but you usually get what you pay for.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have one of Sam's rear bars on my car and it's been excellent. I had the Suspension Techniques 35/25 combo and it was just too much rear bar. I switched to the 22mm hollow bar from Sam and (with my setup and driving style) it was just right.

I had one of Sam's hollow front bars and I can tell you that it is far lighter than my 35mm solid. I never got it installed on my car because of a cross threaded bolt on my current bar. I decided to keep the 35mm ST bar instead of risking breaking off that bolt (or it would be on my car now as well). It was lightweight (really light) and well made.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

From my personal experience, I didn't like the fact that I too once had a solid 35mm front/25mm rear, and even with stock springs, handling was a b****. Talk about less predictable limits to detect. When switching over to stranoparts/addco bars, I literally discovered what I was really missing. I also appreciated the fact that the both bars were hollow. I was going to retain both 35mm/25mm bars from the other set (brand name unmentioned), but then decided to sell them off, not to another f-body member, but...

to a metal scrap shop. Didn't like to admit that, but it was better that I did something like that rather than just dump it to end up in a landfill, or even be disingenuous by selling to an unassuming F-body owner.

FWIW, Sam did do his homework with concern to sway control and has an outstanding company that manufactures his bars.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

How would these bars do on the dragstrip?
Old 05-01-2006, 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Drag racing and handling are diametrically opposed. One you want tons of weight transfer and a loose suspension, one you don't. I build suspensions to handle, not to drag race (because any idiot can do that...).

Do folks run at the strip with my bars? Sure, but that's not the intent of them. ANY front bar hurts weight transfer. ANY larger than stock rear bar will help get you a more square launch.....
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Addict

You'd be a very happy camper with Sam's sway bar(s).
Old 05-01-2006, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FWIW, even with Sam's 35/21 combo I did no worse at the strip than stock. I have no intention on launching at 5K or anything, but again, 2.1 60' on a 6-speed is about normal with 3:42 gears and Nittos.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Forget Eibach. Get the Strano bars and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Strano vs Eibach