Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

non-drilled/slotted rotors that wont warp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006 | 01:14 PM
Launching!

Default non-drilled/slotted rotors that wont warp?

Where can I get some decent quality rotors that wont warp?
Old 05-12-2006 | 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Phoenix64
Where can I get some decent quality rotors that wont warp?
Actually i was told it's the pads that people use that make the rotors warp. Get a set of Brembo oem blanks with some PBR or Hawks HPS+ pads and you should be fine. I ran the brembo/PBR combo set on my 01 Z28 that i auto x'ed and had no problems at all. Give strano a call. I'm sure they are still around.
Old 05-14-2006 | 07:31 PM
Teching In

Try a set of power slot rotors which you can purchase from numerous sites or part stores. They are slotted only, will not warp, are cadnium coated for rust prevention and good looks, and increase you braking performance by 20%.
Hawk pads and power slots are a tough combination to beat.
Old 05-15-2006 | 07:35 AM
On The Tree

Brembo blanks dude..............
Old 05-19-2006 | 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Actually i was told it's the pads that people use that make the rotors warp. Get a set of Brembo oem blanks with some PBR or Hawks HPS+ pads and you should be fine. I ran the brembo/PBR combo set on my 01 Z28 that i auto x'ed and had no problems at all. Give strano a call. I'm sure they are still around.
I agree, brembo blanks with good pads and you should be fine.
Old 05-19-2006 | 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ekilton
Try a set of power slot rotors which you can purchase from numerous sites or part stores. They are slotted only, will not warp, are cadnium coated for rust prevention and good looks, and increase you braking performance by 20%.
Uh, he had specified this:

non-drilled/slotted rotors that wont warp?

Try a set of power slot rotors which you can purchase from numerous sites or part stores. They are slotted only, will not warp, are cadnium coated for rust prevention and good looks, and increase you braking performance by 20%.Hawk pads and power slots are a tough combination to beat.
I'd love to see them prove that 20% number..... (little tip, the Hawk pads are responsible for the gains you've seen in performance).
Old 05-19-2006 | 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you serious
Old 05-19-2006 | 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Anytime you drill or slot a rotor you are weakening it's structure. Drilling and slotting does not help your stopping power (actually it lessens it due to a loss of swept area). Further, he asked about blanks.

Brembo's are proven, they are cost effective, and they are tough. Mass equals resistance to warping, and Brembo OEM replacement rotors are actually heavier than GM and cheap-*** rotors are.

I've sold hundreds of them, many to folks who were warping anything they installed. If you can warp a Brembo (which is really hard to do), it's very slight, never the had massaging shake you get from the stockers, etc.

I even happen to have some fronts and rears in stock (along with Hawk and PBR pads). You want something else? Well, we have other rotors and pads as well, but I keep these here because they just work.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-19-2006 | 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

brembo blanks and hawk or Axxis pads

Oh, Sam...got my Konis in today, they are sooooo purddy
Old 05-19-2006 | 01:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
Oh, Sam...got my Konis in today, they are sooooo purddy
Now you need to to lousy stock shocks ASAP
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: non-drilled/slotted rotors that wont warp?