Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wilwood 6 piston brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wilwood 6 piston brakes

Any one ever use them? if so how do they stack up against the baer kit?? also will i have to get new rims for the brakes to clear?? i have the stock 17" ws6 rims now.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 197 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by zman3k
Any one ever use them? if so how do they stack up against the baer kit?? also will i have to get new rims for the brakes to clear?? i have the stock 17" ws6 rims now.
They don't have dust boots, so you'll have to rebuild them more often if you drive that car daily. And yes they fit under the stock ws6 17" rims.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to the wilwood site for a template to compare if they fit the WS6 rims.

You can also look towards Precision Brakes Wilwoods, since they're an active sponsor here. They can answer a lot of your questions, and probably configure a kit that will suit your needs.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Foxxtron
go to the wilwood site for a template to compare if they fit the WS6 rims.

You can also look towards Precision Brakes Wilwoods, since they're an active sponsor here. They can answer a lot of your questions, and probably configure a kit that will suit your needs.
Great point Foxxtron, the Wilwood website will help. With one of my kits, we would use a template to insure proper fitment. Just let me know, and I would be happy to help. Also, zman3k, you may be interested in this thread...

PBC Group Purchase

Regards

P.S. I think you would be better served with a 4 piston since it will bring greater clamping force...
Old 06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 6 piston kit from Precision (with Wilwood calipers) and it works great for my uses. I spent all of last season autocrossing on it and even won a regional championship on those brakes. They did get used hard, but they never gave me any trouble and they just work.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trackbird
I have a 6 piston kit from Precision (with Wilwood calipers) and it works great for my uses. I spent all of last season autocrossing on it and even won a regional championship on those brakes. They did get used hard, but they never gave me any trouble and they just work.
I had my 6-piston front brake setup installed a few weeks ago and DAMN am I happy with them!

Stopping power is profound compared to the factory front brakes, and for some strange reason my directional changes are MUCH faster and smoother than before, is this due to the unsprung weight savings???
Old 06-13-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lees02WS6
They don't have dust boots, so you'll have to rebuild them more often if you drive that car daily. And yes they fit under the stock ws6 17" rims.
I know from first hand experience and you will need a spacer with the early (00 and older) style WS6 wheels when using the off the shelf willwood kit with 6 piston calipers.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:15 AM
10 Second Club

I like the kit, great stopping power. I would prefer the baer 6 piston kit but the wilwood is cheaper and performs well. With any of these kits you can run into trouble with clearance if you ever decide to go with aftermarket wheels.

Quick Reply: Wilwood 6 piston brakes