Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Which lowering springs?
Eibach pro kits
27.59%
G2 super springs
62.07%
other, please specify in post
10.34%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

G2 or Eibach?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 11:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G2 or Eibach?

i need to lower my car and am considering the G2 springs (1.75 drop) and Eibach pro kits (1.5 drop)
if you have another suggestion, please specify
attached are pics of my car so you can give your input

Old 07-04-2006, 12:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andypdbz
i need to lower my car and am considering the G2 springs (1.75 drop) and Eibach pro kits (1.5 drop)
if you have another suggestion, please specify
attached are pics of my car so you can give your input

You're not providing enough information for me to provide you with an answer, so none of the above.

I noticed on your sig that you have no info on your shocks, so I'm ASSuming that you have factory shocks?

Those three springs can provide what you want aesthetics wise, know that your ride will be harsh and bumpy if you're using factory shocks.

I noticed your sig, you have your 1/4 time on there, so I'm ASSuming that you want your car to be a 1/4 runner, or would you want your car to be more of a canyon carver?

If you're going to change your springs, and you want a lowered ride height, depending on what you want your car to do your suspension choices would be narrowed down.

Either way, if you change your springs it would be most wise to change your shocks too.

Now, if you're only doing this for good looks, and you don't care about how your car rides, then it doesn't matter...Go for the slammed look, you will have a harsh ride, but your ride stance will look good.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

all the suspension is stock, the car will be seeing some track time and very little autoX.
the main reason behind this is for the looks though.
this is my daily driver so i would probably upgrade the shocks when i get the money.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:24 AM
TECH Resident

all the suspension is stock, the car will be seeing some track time and very little autoX.
the main reason behind this is for the looks though.
this is my daily driver so i would probably upgrade the shocks when i get the money.
Got it...

Well, hold tight and save your $$ till you can get both new springs and shocks, that way you won't have to go thru the drama to change it twice.

Also keep in mind that our cars can be set up to favor either the 1/4 OR canyon carving, you can't have both. Setting your car up for the 1/4 will handicap your corning and vice-versa, so keep that in mind.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

i'd rather have it set up for the 1/4 mile
what combo of shocks and springs would be best in that case?
Old 07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
FormerVendor

If the car is a daily driver, stick with the handling aspect of it. Turning it into something that cant stop or turn is bad should you need it in every day driving.

I too second the idea to do the shocks and springs at the same time. 80% of the time, I end up ruining 1 or 2 shocks in the process, especially the fronts. Remember, the newest car is still almost 4 years old now, some are almost 9, others(like the LT1 cars) are 13 years old! That top shock nut in the front rusts causing install nightmares.

I have plenty of the Super Springs in stock. I might be able to work something out on shocks as well

Thanks

Louis
Old 07-04-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

i'd rather have it set up for the 1/4 mile
what combo of shocks and springs would be best in that case?
I don't know sorry!!!

I know cornering, not 1/4's...

I have heard great things about the QA1 shocks for drag-racing applications, that and removing the front swaybar( ) which doesn't make sense to me especially if you're still going to drive it on the street...

Springs, I have no idea, probably on the softer side to allow better traction and better launching, so factory would work I'd imagine, maaaaaybe the Eibach Sportlines, they're some of the softest springs out there but it will SLAM your car about 2 inches and you'll be bottoming out a LOT more than what you're doing now.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Veteran

I like my G2 springs. I got tired of seeing them sit in the garage and stuck them on the car. I just put them on the stock shocks for now. It doesn't ride like a Cadillac, but it's not near as bad as everyone said it would be.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

You seem to want to drag race a bit, which means traction is a premium. And you seem to possibly want to use your stock shocks, at least for a while. In both instances you are best served by a lighter spring than not.

The rates are out there, but regardless of what your opinion may or may not be of the G2 springs, one cannot argue they aren't quite stiff, particularly in the rear, which isn't the best option for weight transfer. Frankly your stock springs would be the best for that (the shocks and the transfer).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-05-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS69TA
I like my G2 springs. I got tired of seeing them sit in the garage and stuck them on the car. I just put them on the stock shocks for now. It doesn't ride like a Cadillac, but it's not near as bad as everyone said it would be.
G2 shocks will give you a 2" drop..not the 1.75" drop as advertised....no big deal.....I would think they suck at 1/4 mile racing..but I can tell you with teh aset up I have below....it feels like a really big gokart

haha just read Sams post....
Old 07-07-2006, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by BitViper
G2 shocks will give you a 2" drop..not the 1.75" drop as advertised....no big deal.....I would think they suck at 1/4 mile racing..but I can tell you with teh aset up I have below....it feels like a really big gokart

haha just read Sams post....
I didn't know they would be closer to 2" until after I'd already bought them. But the car looks good now, doesn't look as low as Sportlines IMO.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

heres a shot of mine..

I sit 26.5 in at the top of the wheel opening
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
TECH Resident

I had the G2's and Bilstein HD's. I loved the combo. Talk to Louis he will take care of you on the springs.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

For my street car, I liked the G2/HD combo.

I didn't like the sag in the rear the Eibach's gave.
Old 07-09-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have G2's with Koni SA's on my TA. I love the look it has the stance I was looking for, aggressive but not a low rider. I would definitly save the money and do the spring and shock change at the same time to save you the hassle of doing the same job twice. I know many will tell you that the stock shocks will be fine but I didn't want to take that chance. The install isn't hard if your straped for cash and you cant wait and dont mind doing the same job twice.

I use my car for weekend driving when it is nice and maybe once a month do some 1/4 mile passes. Granted I am not a very good driver nor consistant so take these passes for what they are but I have ran a 13.6 at a local track not very good surface with the stock set up, but I haven't ran there since the G2's and Koni SA's. I have ran a 13.9 at IRP site of the biggest NHRA race of there year. So given I should run quicker at a track with a better surface I probably lost a tenth or two. I will be back at the local track within the next couple of weeks to run with the new set up. This isn't something a little more HP cant make up for .

If I new how to post pics I would show you some before and afters.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:00 PM
Launching!

I am considering the G2's myself, but cannot do the shocks now. I want to eventually but right now after my new rims I have a lot of gap.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Italiano99
I am considering the G2's myself, but cannot do the shocks now. I want to eventually but right now after my new rims I have a lot of gap.
Same boat I was in..I just said F-it and put them on. Shocks are easy enough to change out. I did however put anti-sieze on the front studs.

Quick Reply: G2 or Eibach?