Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Panhard rod type

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 11:42 AM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Panhard rod type

I see poly/poly poly/rod rod/rod and I'm not 100% sure which I really need. And do I really need one in the first place? I'm looking for something to help in drag/autox. Rod/rod would probably be the best but do I really need rods on both ends? I doubt the panhard rod moves that much. Let's hear some opinions and facts.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Panhard rod type

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dom:
[QB]I see poly/poly poly/rod rod/rod and I'm not 100% sure which I really need. QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well I'm not a 100% sure what you're talking about, if the rod/rod means adjustable then you would want that type if you're going to lower the car. If you don't plan on lowering you're car then the fixed one would be fine.

If you're going to install a panhard rod then do the LCA's also, this will give you the results you want.

Al
Old 08-29-2002, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It depends on how serious you are about the Auto Xing and what size rear tire you are running... If you race alot and have 11" or larger wheels on the rear, then go with the heim joints on both ends. The panhard rod does take a lot of force during hard cornering. My 11's used to rub a little on the inside of the fenderwell until I changed to a stiffer bar. Keep in mind, this was on the street with a little "spirited" driving...

Shane
Old 08-29-2002, 02:30 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

I autox for fun. I just don't want it to hurt me in autox. I already have LG rod/poly LCAs. I will not lower the car nor will I go with more then 275 width tires. I just want to know if poly on both ends is going to hurt the car's cornering? Or should I get rod end on one side or even both.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

By "rod end" do you mean spherical rod ends?
Old 08-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Teching In

maybe rubber bushings?
Old 08-29-2002, 07:32 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Yes spherical ones. Metal ones. No rubber. I didn't know there existed a rubber rod end.
Old 08-30-2002, 09:06 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will be fine with the poly/poly rod. I would buy the adjustable one though (so you can center your rear.) BMR makes an excellent adj poly/poly rod. Very inexpensive and high quality. Check out TR's website for pricing.

Shane

Quick Reply: Panhard rod type