Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Does it HURT to go with the BMR Xtreme Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does it HURT to go with the BMR Xtreme Torque Arm

I know it may seem like overkill but I don't like to upgrade over and over every time I'll be adding more power. I prefer it to be as bulletproof as possible without it being detrimental to the different types of tracks I may encounter (Daily Driver, Drag, Street Race, etc.)

here is the setup I am thinking of so far. BMR Boxed SFC's so the sides of the front crossbrace mount can weld to it, then I can weld in some additional bracing angular to the crossbrace and the SFC's to make it like a diamond-style SFC.

I do know that I definetly want the front mount off the tranny and the solutions from Spohn and BMR look to be the only way to go.

I'm not as worried about the 3/4" loss of ground clearance that the boxed SFC's will provide since I will only be lowering it to the optimal heigth that LG endorses

BTW,, I am building for 1000+tq and 820+hp and I'll be damned if she's going to be a trailer queen

<small>[ March 06, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: xenomorpheus ]</small>
Old 03-10-2003, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Does it HURT to go with the BMR Xtreme Torque Arm

ttt
Old 03-10-2003, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMO your setup is a little flawed. As it soumds you are a drag racer so you don't want drop spring with that power level, SFC are good and the track pak is the way to go for you. As far as the extreme duty sway ONLY if you are drag or street race straight only race! The stiffeness is wayyy to much for AutoX/RR. I have every piece of BMR product and I looked into the same thing. As far as springs It is all in your weight and how you are getting the 800hp, As with me turbos anded lots of weight so a 1LE spring still lowerd me 1". And I have stock spring in rear,with lowering spring you will not hook up. I have tryed 4 different springs.
Old 03-10-2003, 07:35 PM
Teching In

No, I'll probably go with the G2 swaybars,, I was just concerned about which TrakPak to go with and if the Extreme TrakPak would be some sort of hinderance
Old 03-10-2003, 07:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you have the money go Extreme on that for that power level. But I wouldn't lower the car. And why do you need bigger sway bars? Drag car have no front bar.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

IMHO, I personally would never use the BMR Extreme Duty T/A. I helped a friend of mine install one on his '98 Trans Am. We had to modify the bracket to fit his Moser and cut the corner off of the bracket to keep it from banging the crap out of the bottom of his car. The ground clearance is horrible and drags on everything (stock springs). And to top off everything else, Every time you shift the car at any type of speed, there is a very nasty thump from underneath the car. Just my .02
Old 03-11-2003, 02:08 AM
Teching In

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by WOOS1:
<strong> IMHO, I personally would never use the BMR Extreme Duty T/A. I helped a friend of mine install one on his '98 Trans Am. We had to modify the bracket to fit his Moser and cut the corner off of the bracket to keep it from banging the crap out of the bottom of his car. The ground clearance is horrible and drags on everything (stock springs). And to top off everything else, Every time you shift the car at any type of speed, there is a very nasty thump from underneath the car. Just my .02 </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's very interesting as I too want to go with a Moser rear-end (of course have someone local put it together)and haven't found anything regarding fitment issues between the 2 trak-pak's. Were you able to localize the thump or did BMR warn you about that. IMHO anything that goes thump when it isn't supposed to will eventually go thump-crack-break

ALSO, to clarify -- I should have reordered how this car is going to be used (Daily Driver, Street Racer, then Drag) I know about issues running swaybars on high end drag machines, but that can very easily be changed in less than an hour by switching out or removing swaybars and adjusting ride heigth and shock dampening

<small>[ March 11, 2003, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: xenomorpheus ]</small>
Old 03-11-2003, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

As far as I know, he was not made aware of the thumping sound that it makes. I has plenty of vibration, which we figured it would due to the design. As far as modifying the bracket, I don't necessarily think that is a specific BMR issue. I just believe that it is one of those cases where brand x of this and brand y of that don't always fit together well straight out of the box. To me, this setup is way too agressive for anything that I would want to enjoy driving for more that 10 miles a year on the streer.
Old 03-11-2003, 01:16 PM
TECH Junkie

I live very close to BMR and I had them install my Trak Pak for me and it doesn't hit or bump when I shift and the vibration is not that bad either, so far I have been very happy with it, I have the regular version though not the extreme.

Quick Reply: Does it HURT to go with the BMR Xtreme Torque Arm