Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Ordering from Strano

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ordering from Strano

Hey, I will be ordering some parts in about a month and a half, Im going to go with Koni SA's with the ground control kit to go with it. Anyone have any feedback on their setups or any recommendations for me to do? Im want to play around with adjustibility and see what I like. Eventually Ill be going for high horsepower, hopefully a 9 second street car so im wondering if this is an acceptable setup for that purpose? If not, is it a matter of having to just replace springs with a higher or lower spring rate? Im not too educated on this whole topic of Suspension but Im tryin to learn. Thanks for your input.
~Ryan
Old 08-15-2006, 05:04 PM
TECH Resident

Also, do the shocks and ground control kit need to be ordered at the same time or can they be purchased seperately?
Old 08-15-2006, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

anyone???
Old 08-15-2006, 07:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Give Sam a call, I'm sure that he'll answer any questions you may have about your future setup.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Call sam for sure, I believe that set up will require some modification to be installed.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

just call whenever during the week? I never know when to call
Old 08-15-2006, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Well Sam and family are great to do business with. As for 9's, well.... That's a very serious car, which will require as much attention to the chasis and suspension than what you'll be doing to any LSX.

Koni's are a fantastic handling damper and most certainly should not be considered as part of a 9 second build. In fact a consistant single digit car will handle like a warm bowl of jello on the street.

You'll need; Very low spring rates with very soft dampers. Poly LCA's, adjustable TA, SFC's. A lot of tire in the rear with skinnies up front. Along with removing the front swaybar you'll need a 1"+ rear bar, not to mention all the necessary hardware to mount on a stout fully locked rear end..... Get the idea? You may have better luck posting this type of question over on the Drag Racing Tech section... Good luck.

Scott.

Last edited by May Spin; 08-15-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Yea thats what I was afraid of. The thing is, it wont be a 9 second car for a couple of years most likely, so in the meantime id like a car that can handle. I just always wonder how i see all these cars that are like "9 second street cars" and they def dont have all these suspension mods, like removed front swaybar, soft spring rates etc... maybe i should shoot for more of a 10 second car rather than a 9 second. But anyhow, i wont be setting my car up for something like that in a long time so in the meantime id like a good handling setup with adjustability for a DD and also pretty quick on the streets.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Well, i'm not sure what 9 second cars you are seeing without fully built suspensions. Again, a single digit car is no joke. Your M6 will need around 550rwhp (with a good curve) in a car on a diet with the ability of cutting very low 1.4 second 60's and that will require alot of suspension.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Im talkin about removing the front sway bar and having springs built for drag. I do plan on relocating my PHR bar, SFC, other sutff, etc.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stranoparts.com is great. I highly recommend calling him (set aside at least 10 minutes, he's a talker! ). Sam is great, he can answer all of your questions and he knows exactly what suspension prescription to prescribe to you. You really need to call though, I would imagine that guys fingers would fall off if he always replied over the computer to the 500 inquiries he probably gets every day.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased the rear GC's, 175# blue coil springs and 4th gen SA Koni's and plan on installing them next weekend. Either Sam or Arlyn are very helpful, but don't expect expedited shipping from GC....I waited almost 6 weeks! Strano will ask you what is your intended usage.....and perhaps axle weights to determine the correct setup! I cannot say enough good things about Stranoparts.com --- The springs are to feed my heavy turd Hawk! If you are seeking the perches from Ground Control go thru Motorsports Dynamics, since Strano doesn't generally deal w/GC any longer. As you can understand why!
Attached Thumbnails Ordering from Strano-firehawk-rear-suspension.jpg  
Old 08-21-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

Ok well i will call him probably in a month then, when my funds get up to par... I just bought an 06 gsxr 600 my daily driver while my car sits on my driveway getting worked on.

Quick Reply: Ordering from Strano